Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

jprayze

Welcome to the official MN Challenge to finish out the year!

If you are like me and want to meet your goals by the end of 2012 with a little boost from an unconventional growth aid, then thank this post and gather your MN.

We will officially start on September 1, 2012. I am opening the challenge now, so that you can gather your MN and think about how/if you will mix it with something else. Many ladies have found MN at their local dollar tree stores (I haven't :sad:), but I was able to purchase a 6-pack at a great price from Amazon.com.

So if you're in...thank and answer these questions:
  • What is your current length?
  • Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN?
  • How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
  • What frequency will you apply it?
  • Any other growth aids that you are using?
  • Anything else you care to add?
  • Don't forget a starting pic!
I decided to make the time period for checkins a bit longer so
a) we could see more progress over the longer period
b) sometimes its hard to get the hair length check ready if you need to straighten, are in a PS, etc.
So we have one check mid-way and one at the end.

CHECK-IN DATES
October 15, 2012
December 31, 2012

But come back often to share your experiences.

More Info

Previous Challenge:
Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012) http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=616801
Original MN Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1209

A Few Tips:
  • Pay attention to your hair/scalp. This may not work for you. If you experience any adverse effects (anything that's not the norm for you...some people have reported headaches, shedding, etc.), then reduce or stop using MN.
  • Take special care of your ends. Most people experience faster growth, but you don't want to lose it by having to get frequent trims.
  • You can't focus your growth by putting the MN in a specific area (e.g. nape, edges). No matter where you put it, it seems to grow all over.
  • If you feel a little self-conscious about purchasing MN, find yourself the darkest pair of sunglasses you can and throw a wig on so no one will know your true identity when you hit the feminine product aisle:lachen:
Can't wait to see your lovely growing results!!!

CHALLENGERS

@Anavrin
@Carolie
@HairPleezeGrow
@JaszyFaye
@justjai
@maddie611
@ManiiSweetheart
@nakialovesshoes
@Shifra
@larry3344
@freckledface
@BadMamaJama
@DominicanBrazilian82
@Queensheba88
@pinkness27
@Mznelly
@All4Tris
@NikkiQ
@jenaccess
@NaiyaAi
@shockolate
@ms.blue
metro_qt
ESmackum
destinyseeker
ginabeana

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm in:)

Nothing's changed for me! I will still mix MN with oil blend of castor oil and African pride oils. I will apply to scalp every night. As for length I'm still SL and doing a PS right now so once done I will post pics.

freckledface

Im in ive used MN for a while now with good results ill post pics and all that good stuff later im on my phone and bout to go to work

BadMamaJama

I'm in. I'm curious though. What is the amount to be used for the challenge?
Like is it one tube per month or one tube per 2 months or 1 tube per 4 or 8oz? Does it even matter?
I've been using mn, but it's so mixed right now, I really don't know whats in the bottle. LOL

jprayze

BadMamaJama said:
I'm in. I'm curious though. What is the amount to be used for the challenge?
Like is it one tube per month or one tube per 2 months or 1 tube per 4 or 8oz? Does it even matter?
I've been using mn, but it's so mixed right now, I really don't know whats in the bottle. LOL

It's totally up to you as far as the amount. I never really measures how much I use per month.

DominicanBrazilian82

Im kinda excited for this challenge. I fear it a bit because I have never used this product and I dont want to shed (AT ALL!), but from the growth reviews Ive seen, its at least worth a try. Can someone assist me with a manageable regiment? Is it necessary to apply daily? I dont do too many wash and go's due to my length; however, I would love to know if 1-2 applications per week would be sufficient to see results.

Thanks ladies!

DominicanBrazilian82

I am currently neck length.

This is my absolutely first time using MN.

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? <----- Any Suggestions?

What frequency will you apply it? 1-2 times x week

Any other growth aids that you are using? <---- Suggestions?

Anything else you care to add?

Don't forget a starting pic!

image-680633390.jpg

I dont really know what to do with this stuff ladies. Any assistance will be appreciated :) More specifically what do I mix with it (oils, conditioners, etc) and how to I apply it (directly to my scalp, as a treatment, with heat, etc)?

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Im kinda excited for this challenge. I fear it a bit because I have never used this product and I dont want to shed (AT ALL!), but from the growth reviews Ive seen, its at least worth a try. Can someone assist me with a manageable regiment? Is it necessary to apply daily? I dont do too many wash and go's due to my length; however, I would love to know if 1-2 applications per week would be sufficient to see results.

Thanks ladies!

Hey ma'am! Um I think you can apply how ever you would like:) I think most of us apply daily or a few times a week. I thunk if you want to start off with 1-2 apps a week just to see how it helps you that's a good start and go from there!

nakialovesshoes

• What is your current length? In the back collar bone, in the front, bottom of nose.
  • Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I was on the sidelines in the last challenge but I've used it on & off over the years.
  • How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed with MSM, bhingraj oil & garlic/olive oil extracts. May throw a lil JBCO in there, too.
  • What frequency will you apply it? At least 2-3 times per week depending on my hairstyle.
  • Any other growth aids that you are using? Taking Foti Root & Marine Collage
  • Don't forget a starting pic! I have a head full of henna right now. I'm doing a curlformer set tomorrow. I will post pics of the set.

jprayze

DominicanBrazilian82 said:

Thanks ladies!

When I first started I massaged it directly into my scalp 2x a day followed my oil and got great results! Then I started mixing the MN and oils just to make it simpler but still did it twice a day for the most part. It was harder to track my progress then because I had two trims.

During most of the last MN challenge I wore buns , some wash n gos, some twist outs and wore it flat ironed. I am thinking about how Im going to apply MN this time because I don't want to manipulate my hair too much. For example I had to redo my bun everyday to apply the MN when I probably could have wore the bun for 2 days and then take down and have less manipulation.

If anyone only used 1 or 2 times per week and saw results, could you chime in?

NaiyaAi

Okay, I'm in this one too! I feel bad about being so absentee the during the last one. I just can't figure out how to take length pictures!!! So frustrating!!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
jprayze said:
When I first started I massaged it directly into my scalp 2x a day followed my oil and got great results! Then I started mixing the MN and oils just to make it simpler but still did it twice a day for the most part. It was harder to track my progress then because I had two trims.

During most of the last MN challenge I wore buns , some wash n gos, some twist outs and wore it flat ironed. I am thinking about how Im going to apply MN this time because I don't want to manipulate my hair too much. For example I had to redo my bun everyday to apply the MN when I probably could have wore the bun for 2 days and then take down and have less manipulation.

I may try it this way then instead of mixing it's with the oils apply it's first then oil afterwards bc you had amazing progress! :)

Queensheba88

What is your current length? Past collarbone
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? Not my first time took 3 months off
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed with cantu leave on and castor oil
What frequency will you apply it? Daily
Any other growth aids that you are using? Nope just hsn vitamins
Anything else you care to add?

pinkness27

What is your current length? I'm stealing @Queensheba88 answer and saying past collarbone. My hair is about the same length as urs.

Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I've been using it for 6 months

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed with MT, MTG, emu oil, trigger hair elixer, coconut oil, and jbco

What frequency will you apply it? 2x a day

Any other growth aids that you are using? Hairfinity

Anything else you care to add? Thanks @jprayze for another challenge. I like reading people's diff MN mixes and updates.

Anavrin

What is your current length? NL, grazing SL

Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? Yep. MN virgin here. Havent got much to lose by trying it.

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I may dilute it with water. Im going to look around and see if anyone mixes it with oil as a pre-poo. I may try that. It just depends on how often I have to use it for effects to take place.

What frequency will you apply it?:lol: I dont know! Like I said I have to read up on it. Im thinking every other day or 2x a week.

Any other growth aids that you are using? Scalp massages. :grin:

Anything else you care to add? Im a huge skepticist, and I dont expect to get excellent results. Most growth aids never work for me.

Don't forget a starting pic!
Sorry for the stringyness of my hair. Id just taken a quick shower. Also I already have half an inch of new growth in, and Ill be buying my MN today.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 73
  • imagejpeg_2 (1).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (1).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 76

Queensheba88

quick questions ladies who have used mn before does it make your scalp tingle i have used the 2% as well as the 4% from walmart and walgreens well i brought a new tube of 2% from the dollar store and it kinda tingles and makes my scalp feel like it can breath....im back using it after a 3 month break do you think that could be why my scalp is adjusting or something??

ManiiSweetheart

Joining This Challenge again!!

What is your current length? an inch or 2 from BSL
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? Used from May 2th 2012 until July 31st
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed with Cayenne oil and MTG
What frequency will you apply it? Daily
Any other growth aids that you are using? Nope just the ones in my mix
Anything else you care to add? Noooo
Don't forget a starting pic! I'll show you guys my progress pic from the last MN challenge:lick:

Hoping to make BSL by mid October!

DominicanBrazilian82

HairPleezeGrow said:
Hey ma'am! Um I think you can apply how ever you would like:) I think most of us apply daily or a few times a week. I thunk if you want to start off with 1-2 apps a week just to see how it helps you that's a good start and go from there!

Thank you! I think starting out slower will help me see if this works for me best. I don't want to upset my hair again. I did that already with a BKT treatment. So I'm just very cautious.

DominicanBrazilian82

jprayze said:

Is it necessary to apply daily to achieve results?

jprayze

What is your current length? I'm stealing @Queensheba88 answer and saying past collarbone. My hair is about the same length as urs.

Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I've been using it for 6 months

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed with MT, MTG, emu oil, trigger hair elixer, coconut oil, and jbco

What frequency will you apply it? 2x a day

Any other growth aids that you are using? Hairfinity

Anything else you care to add? Thanks @jprayze for another challenge. I like reading people's diff MN mixes and updates.

pinkness27 You're welcome! Are you happy with your 6 months of progress?

jprayze

[USER=355477 said:
DominicanBrazilian82[/USER];16652317]Is it necessary to apply daily to achieve results?

I don't think so...I was just really pressed to see results FAST. Plus a lot of the relaxed ladies, take breaks before and after relaxing.

pinkness27

jprayze I think I sabotaged my 6 months of growth on my edges by getting a perm on the edges 2 months ago. With my recent perm, I told her not to perm my edges. I won't be perming my edges from now on so I think I will be giving MN it's proper chance to help regain a normal hairline. On the rest of my hair I definitely think it caused a lot of ng and thickness. So overall, very pleased.

DominicanBrazilian82

I don't think so...I was just really pressed to see results FAST. Plus a lot of the relaxed ladies, take breaks before and after relaxing.

Well your results are inspiring. I am a relaxed lady and I am nervous about products such as these. In the last 7 years I have had two set backs. One with over color process and one with BKT. I am so serious about my hair journey so I fear the "unknowns" on MY hair. The results others get is what drives me to try new and unconventional things. *Im Excited*

LovelyRo

Please add me to this challenge, I haven't used MN in ages! I'm going to mix it in with sulfur 8 and oil my scalp 2x's a week. I'll post my starting pic after I relax.