Is grease bad for your hair?

Falon

Bad in what sense? It depends on how you use it. If you pile it on day after day and don't wash frequently then you hair will look and probably smell bad but it won't do anything to the hair. If you do that and use heat at the same time then it's bad...the grease will be baked into your hair and that is what causes damage.

Grease isn't really needed...the hair needs a moisture which routine washing alternating between poo and con washes along with a good leave-in moisturizer and a tiny bit of oil to seal it all in will handle.

Grease does not penetrate the hair shaft it just sits on top of it...it lubricates the hair so slathering it on does nothing but make the hair weighed down and evenutaully dirty if you use enough of it and don't wash the hair enough.

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]
2793154 said:
I've heard that it's bad for your scalp, but is it also bad for your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally don't think it's bad either way if the person washes their hair regularly (no less than bi-weekly) and isn't using it more than several times per week (I only used it once or twice per week, rarely 3).

Chichi

This is interesting because I only use Sulfur 8 Lite on my hair and not on my scalp and it has been working out fine for me. I use it maybe once or twice a week at most.

Chichi

Taliah

And I'm Dancing...
it is pore cloging , but if you wash frequently, grease is cool imo. i'm a 4a, so my hair breaks easy. grease does thicken the hair too. i use it from time to time, like once a week. i think it has benefits, people have been using it years with postive effects. i too like sulfur 8 or dax. but moisture is far more important.

flyjump00

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
[ QUOTE ]
2793154 said:
I've heard that it's bad for your scalp, but is it also bad for your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally don't think it's bad either way if the person washes their hair regularly (no less than bi-weekly) and isn't using it more than several times per week (I only used it once or twice per week, rarely 3).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree! Plus this is what our mothers and their mothers and so forth used on our hair and their hair back in the day. I know I had long thick natural hair back then.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
when i used to use grease, it didnt clog my pores...my hair still kept growing! The only reason I dont use grease is because Im too lazy to apply it to my scalp.

AllAboutTheHair

I think if you hair is previously moisturized before adding grease =no, grease is good b/c it locks in moisture.

If your hair is dry before adding grease = yes, grease is bad.