Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Wheatgerm

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • An Oil Not Listed Here

Votes: 215 19.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

esoterica

This poll is for plain base oils. if your fav is something like WGO or Hot Six just vote "an oil not listed here", and tell us what it is here. i'll set up a poll for those items in a separate thread. thanks ladies :)

Last edited:

secretdiamond

Ive only tried carrot and jojoba so I dunno if i'm right or not, but I LOVE jojoba!! Carrot oil just sat on my hair-- it did nothing.

Divine Inspiration

I like jojoba too. It really meshes well with my leave-in con & does wonders at keeping my hair supple until the next poo. I also like the way it seals my ends.
I love to mix EVOO in cons, but it's just too heavy for daily application. Jojoba is light and it's the closest oil to the scalp's sebum.

H

honey_jammz82

I voted for olive oil, but I used to love jojoba oil. I could not find it when we lived in Tennessee, but now that I am in NY, I need to start using it again.

angellazette

I voted coconut oil! I just recently started using EVOO and it's good too. I've been wanting to try Meadowfoam and one of those organic sites asphyxxia posted has a product with olive oil, meadowfoam, and other good oils. I may just try that.

trinigul

coconut oil

bathe my hair in that stuff at night and put on and sleep in my combo satin-plastic bonnet. i wake up to soft curls.

natstar

It was so hard to decide-I like almost every oil listed. I am a big fan of avocado, jojoba, olive &sweet almond oils. But I use Africa's best ultimate oil for my pre-poo so I decided to vote for that-

Jewell

I'm torn between coconut oil and evoo. I use coconut oil on dry hair for softness and shine, and I spray pure evoo on my ends after I have rinsed my hair for a CO wash. I put conditioner allover my hair and my ends are super moisturized and soft. I also LOVE Wild Growth Hair Oil, which is predominantly olive oil.

Victorian

old head
It's close between coconut and jojoba, but I went with coconut because I think it makes my hair even softer than the jojoba oil does. Plus I like the smell :lick:
Pure olive oil always makes my hair shed like I-don't-know-what. But I have some oil mixes that include olive oil and I don't have any shedding issues with those. *shrug*

Suri

I love Olive, Coconut & Jojoba but my other favorites that I use regularly are Meadowfoam Seed Oil and Jasmine Oil.

Bronzedmuse

I voted An Oil Not listed here because my favorite oils are Indian oils infused with various herbs. Most are in a coconut oil base. My favorite oils are: Vatika, Kesavardhini, Bringraj, and Brahmi Amla oils. Sorry, I don't have one favorite oil they are all my favorite. They are my hair conditioners.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Olive Oil. I like EVOO or Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil. I like Wild Growth Hair Oil for my scalp too.

lala

Jojoba oil is my favorite although I like extra virgin olive, grapeseed, and almond oils :up:

shellzfoshizzle

None of them is my vote...lol. Even though they are the "natural" oils, none of them alone have done well for my hair...they are too light.

My favorite oil is Wild Growth Oil. I like it because it has a mixture of Olive, Castor and Jojoba Oil in it along with all the other healthy stuff for black hair. It's also thick but doesn't weight my hair down. My hair drinks this stuff!

L

lkg4healthyhair

Now its

Olive oil on damp hair
Coconut on dry hair
Keala oil when using heat
WildGrowth oil for roller sets