Who is KEEPING condtioner in their hair 24/7??

beans4reezy

I have been noticing that a few long, thick, and beautiful manes of hair on this board that have one thing in common: They are leaving full strength conditioner in their hair 24/7.

Can anyone cosign? Who is leaving at least a bit (or maybe more that a bit:yawn:) of conditoner in their hair everday and what kind of results are you seeing?

Please share what kind of conditioner you use, method of application, and of course...you know how we love photos!!

TIA

MonPetite

I do this quite often (and have done so for years relaxed, texlaxed and natural). Given I have 250 reviews now...I use many different conditioners, LOL. Right now, I'm loving the Yes to Carrots/Cucumber lines.

I use conditioner via my Cap n Go method.

No pics right now. I'm going to be snapping pics of my BC later this week and post them on my blog.

donewit-it

I'm natural. When I do wash n go's I leave a little conditioner in for definition sealed with JBCO.

I like it. I've used HE Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted (works better), now I'm revisiting VO5's Strawberries n Cream.

HTH

MummysGirl

Not everyday but when I do my flat twists or cornrows for twistouts/braidouts, I apply lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol conditioner to each section before twisting/braiding and leave it in my hair for the days I wear the curly style. An example is my middle siggy pic, the conditioner leaves my hair feeling sooo soft after it's dry,

I don't have very long hair though...

As I get deeper into my transition, I think I might start leaving some conditioner in my hair after cowashing...

Pandora1975

I've got shorter hair, but I'm noticing great progress since I started using full strength conditioner as a leave in. My hair finally air dries soft. I was using HE LTR, but I ran out this last time and used DH's Garnier Fructis Long and Strong. I think I have better results. (yeah yeah, I know all about Garnier)

Duchesse

I've started doing this. I don't have any noteworthy pics to share at the moment, but I will say that I'm in the process of using up all my products (leave-ins and moisturizers) and switching to 100% rinse out conditioners as my main products (for leave in and DC)

I've tried soooooooo many leave-ins and nothing has made my hair soft that lasts more than a few hours. I first started using Nexxus Humectress as my leave-in conditioner sealed with castor oil and my hair would be soft for a few days, almost until my next wash.

I'm a highly textured texlaxed head transitioning back to natural, and usually wash with shampoo, and just put in conditioner w/o rinsing. I DC with protein every other week. This works for me as I'm quite impatient and hate jumping out the shower, drying off, putting conditioner in, waiting, jumping back in, rinsing, drying..blah. So using conditioner as a leave in saves me some steps and anxiety.

I personally can't justify buying Humectress anymore with the price and the frequency that I use it. I plan on using the Organix line as my main product line, adding egg whenever I DC. I really like their stuff!

As for results, softer hair, shinier hair, less $$ spent on stuff.

Downsides: depending on what product you use and how often, you may notice excessive buildup.

Itllbeokbaby

i keep in lustasilk shea butter cholestol plus, and add more when it gets too dry. i also add neutogena trip. mois. silk touch leave-in, and jojoba oil everyday.......but my hair is not that thick.

i add a nickle sized amount of everything, sometimes more if i need it.

WyrdWay

Yeah I have CBL hair and my sister and I have used full strength conditioner in our hair since elementary school on I graduated high school in 05 she's two years younger than me. We figured everyone did it... We would use it instead of gel, our mom didn't like to spend money and our grandmother would always buy HUGE bottles of Treseme con and poo for us. Our hair would be so long buy now but she also wouldn't buy hair ties... she would still bags of rubber bands from work >_< soooo the straight conditioner is probably what kept hair on my head!

aa9746

I have been noticing that a few long, thick, and beautiful manes of hair on this board that have one thing in common: They are leaving full strength conditioner in their hair 24/7.

Can anyone cosign? Who is leaving at least a bit (or maybe more that a bit:yawn:) of conditoner in their hair everday and what kind of results are you seeing?

Please share what kind of conditioner you use, method of application, and of course...you know how we love photos!!

TIA

I like to leave conditioner in my hair under my wig. My hair is longer and I haven't noticed any split ends. Picture in sig. My hair had always been neck length until I started healthy hair practices.

SherylsTresses

I do. I use my conditioner as a moisturizer. I use Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin w/ Manuka Honey and Coconut milk. It's my deep conditioner, prepoo, daily moisturizer and hair protector when I get retouches. Using a water-based moisturizer is a must for me. Those oil-based just sat on my hair and weighed it down. Also, I keep my ends moisturized with EVOO. :yep:

Attachments

• August2009Retouch...front.jpg
    August2009Retouch...front.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 49
  • August2009Retouch...back.jpg
    August2009Retouch...back.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

SweetSpirit86

I've got a TWA now, but leaving conditioner in my hair has been the best way to keep my hair moisturized. It's done wonders for keeping my hair soft. ^-^

lexiwiththecurls

I always leave conditioner in my hair. It makes my hair softer, and makes it easier to maintain during my next wash. I like TreSemme's Moisturizing conditioner. I like it because it is thick. I have sooo many conditioners because I usually just pick up what is on sale or whats at Big Lots for cheap. Because I have alot of thick hair, I tend to buy the cheapest, biggest thing of conditioner and use any of those.

~Hair~Fetish~

I like using J/A/S/O/N's Lavender Conditioner as a leave-in because the consistency is not too thick... almost like a runny moisturizer. Plus it smells nice, is organic, inexpensive, and very moisturizing. Haven't had build-up problems.... but I do co-wash several times a week.

Lady Esquire

When I had a twa, I spent that entire year of being natural with conditioner in my hair almost all the time and my hair was so thick!

mzsophisticated26

I wonder what I did wrong because a lonnng time ago I left conditioner in my hair overnight when trying to remove micro braids and my scalp was burned.

onejamifan

i keep in lustasilk shea butter cholestol plus, and add more when it gets too dry. i also add neutogena trip. mois. silk touch leave-in, and jojoba oil everyday.......but my hair is not that thick.

i add a nickle sized amount of everything, sometimes more if i need it.

That's what I have been doing this summer. I've been doing WnG and this has made it super easy. I only use it once a week as I only wash once a week. SO far so good.

c*c*chic*

I've been co-washing everyday for 3 1/2 weeks and after doing my hair yesterday I saw how much thicker my hair has become. I'm going to continue to co-wash and half wig daily!

beans4reezy

I do. I use my conditioner as a moisturizer. I use Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin w/ Manuka Honey and Coconut milk. It's my deep conditioner, prepoo, daily moisturizer and hair protector when I get retouches. Using a water-based moisturizer is a must for me. Those oil-based just sat on my hair and weighed it down. Also, I keep my ends moisturized with EVOO. :yep:

You bring up a great point- using conditioner as a moisturizer. I would imagine that this would keep your hair super soft.

Your hair is really pretty, btw!

bermudabeauty

I'm natural and wash n go's everyday. I co wash and leave the conditioner in my hair without rinsing it out. however when I was relaxed. Co-washing was a no no for me. My hair didn't like it

ceebee3

I've been using conditioner as a moisturizer for the past 2 months and I love it. Right now I'm in love with the BJ's brand volumizing conditioner. I have a huge 40 oz bottle that I paid $5 bucks for.

I used it after a protein treatment as a test and it did it's job, made my hair go from hard to silk in an instant. I use it on my ends when I'm not wearing my hair down and I use when rollersetting.

I absolutely love it, it's so moisturizing, it smells great and it's inexpensive. I can't wait to pick up another one.

FocusLady

I use Mane & Tail as a leave in. Its a protein but I think my hair likes it. I seal with a little hair grease.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Since I'm trying to get rid of the tons of conditioners that I have, I went back to leaving the rinse out conditioners as leave ins under my wig. My favorites are:

AOHSR, Mizani Moistorefuse, Abba, VO5 Moisturemilks

Duff

I do. I've done it with LeKlair cholestrol plus, aussie moist, v05 mm, keracare...
there is usually some regular conditioner in my hair 24/7. plus I've never found a leave in that my hair really likes. it likes regular condish.

Last edited: