Henna over permanent color over henna

Jenn22588

I need some coloring advice. I hennaed my hair about 6-8 months ago then had permanent color done in the middle of May. My hair turned out red instead of light brown. If I henna again will it make the red more intense? If I add coffee, will that make it brown? I wanted my hair lighter for the summer but I decided to stick to the henna since it over powered the permanent color anyway.

honeisos

Hi is your hair lighter than your siggy pic? my hair was a dark blonde before i used henna and it picked up the red color . the lighter your hair is the more you will see it . but your hair looks dark so you will get a lot of red hi lites . i dont know if coffee will darken it .but im sure someone will chime in who does :)

Jenn22588

That picture is with henna and no permanent color. It is hard to see the henna in the pic. My hair is lighter now with the permanent color. But more red. Sometimes it looks like a brassy red color if you know what I mean.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I added coffee to my last henna session and it darkened the red up and I like it more than the in ur face red I got when I just do henna alone. Each time you henna the color deepens. I love henna.

Jenn22588

Thanks I will try it tonite. I guess I won't be able to lighten my hair until the henna grows out. That will take forever (my hair grows about 4 inches per year).

honeisos

Well you can color over the henna if you want ... I did about a week ago .. my roots were dark , i my siggy you can see the darker roots ( natural color is black) so I lighten my color about 2 weeks ago then , I henna'ed this past weekend ,now my hair is all red . .. You just have to stick to the red family of colors .Textures and tones is my favorite perm color , they have a wide range .

Jenn22588

I wanted to get light brown hair but it looks like that is not going to happen so I'll have to embrace and love red hair. Maybe I'll try lightening it with permanent color like you did honeisos. I just don't want to cause too much dryness and end up breaking off my hair. My natural hair color is dark brown. between 2 and 4 for braiding hair.

Jenn22588

:bump:

Does anyone know if you can get light brown hair after henna? I'm thinking about using a color remover, I saw a thread about that I need to read. If not I guess I'll have to use color remover or brown black hair color.

Jenn22588

i tried henna with tea which made it darker at first but after a few days of cowashing it is back to normal. So I bought a semi permanent dye in dark brown. I'll see how that works out. I don't want to give up henna so I guess I'll never be able to have lighter hair unless its red.