sex and hair growth!

aliciaq

Just been speaking to my bf about the fact that i am hoping to get hair growth now i am looking after my hair better and he said that apparently sex or the thought of sex increases hairgrowth and apparently there was a study carried out on oil rig workers and it was found that when they went on leave they had increased hair growth compared to normal working day. This was due to the thought of sex or the act of sex.... i just am hoping he didnt say it to have more sex with me :p but its a thought for you girls out there ..share your thoughts..

Gryphyn

aliciaq said:
Just been speaking to my bf about the fact that i am hoping to get hair growth now i am looking after my hair better and he said that apparently sex or the thought of sex increases hairgrowth and apparently there was a study carried out on oil rig workers and it was found that when they went on leave they had increased hair growth compared to normal working day. This was due to the thought of sex or the act of sex.... i just am hoping he didnt say it to have more sex with me :p but its a thought for you girls out there ..share your thoughts..

:lachen: :lachen: This was the first thing I thought. Shame on me :(

Christa438

You never know--there could be a connection between sex and hair growth, but it sounds like something my man would say with his smart mouth self. He's the one to ask if I need a "protein treatment" which he reminds me is good for my hair and skin or so I am told. :lol:

Last edited:

Seeking8Rights

aliciaq said:

LOL sounds like something my hubby would pull...:lachen:

But according to Hairboutique.com, I guess there is some validity to your bf's beckon, opps I mean statement.

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1230.htm

Works for me! :grin: So after reading this article, my I will be replacing my current hair growth aide with sex....

Now I just have to figure out what to do with these darn kids...:phone:

Seeking8Rights

Christa438 said:
You never know--there could be a connection between sex and hair growth, but it sounds like something my man would say with his smart mouth self. He's the one to ask if I need a "protein treatment" which he reminds me is good for my hair and skin or so I am told. :lol:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I think yours and mines might be related!!! All men are alike!!

Cien

Pink is my signature color
march87 said:
That explains my slow hair growth this season! :lol:

ROFL!!! :lachen:

----------------

i just am hoping he didnt say it to have more sex with me

THAT'S EXACTLY what I was thinking also!! :lachen: :lol:

GoingNatural

Kiwi said:
:lachen: :lachen: This was the first thing I thought. Shame on me :(

ME TOO!! I'm laughing like how gullible is she!!!??? LMAO

That's right up there with "the condom is too small for my little man."

Missi

longhairluva said:

aliciaq: u took a big chance posting this up: even though I don't have a problem w/ threads like this (almost 20): the moderators just posted a warning above the thread about sexual threads because there are lots of girls in here that are young and can not read this: i hope u don't get banned, just lookin out

yourleoqueen

Actually there is truth to the statment. But it is the anticipation of sex that makes the hair grow faster. Like the closer you get to the planned "event" the faster hair grows. I saw a thing on the Discovery Channel about lumberjacks one time. I don't know if it works the same for women though. Ask VWVixxen or one of the other members who are married to military men. :look: :lachen:

GoingNatural

Shoot doesn't heat make your hair grow. Not from electric tools, but like natural heat from the sun.

Maybe the "exercise and heat" make your hair grow during sex :)

Anancy

Funny enough about 2 weeks ago my hubby mentioned the same thing to me but i was too wary about posting the theory.

He told me something slightly different though, he said that you have to climax (gosh can i use that word) in order to have increased hair growth. So i guess u dont necessarily have to do the deeds with ure man.

neonbright

Maybe for men, they may get growth. But hey my husband was deployed for one year, no sex and I was sick for 2 1/2 years to sick for anything and no sex and my hair was WSL for SL. I was so busy thinking get my house together and get better that sex was the last thing on my mind at that time.

hairmaster

GoingNatural said:
Shoot doesn't heat make your hair grow. Not from electric tools, but like natural heat from the sun.

Maybe the "exercise and heat" make your hair grow during sex :)

This was in BLACK HAIR CARE MAGAZINE last year or so, It said that the flow of blood threw the body stimulated the growth of hair.