• I can never say never (indecisive)

Votes: 156 26.9%
  • I will be getting a relaxer soon

Votes: 11 1.9%
  • Definetly no

Votes: 18 3.1%

• Total voters

sweetwhispers

It has honestly never crossed my mind to relax my hair- even well before the hairboards. Hair was not an issue in my family. I went to a nearly all black all girls school and received nothing but compliments on my hair and those girl that did have relaxed hair ( the majority)- well lets just say they're hair wasn't exactly a source of inspiration. I know its one thing i will never do. I never press my hair. Now a LF or a weave- i'll probably get board and do that i think its safer than heat.

ladylibra

i voted yes, because ever since i made the decision to go natural i've LOVED it! :D

i can't totally rule out that one day i might relax... but i just very highly doubt it. :look:

Cichelle

Yes, Natural For Life. :)

It feels good to be free of touch-ups. But at any rate, I'm not going back to a relaxer after I transitioned for 14 months and chopped off ten inches of my hair. It's healthier and longer in its natural state, so Imma just continue on this way.

Robin41

Life is a long time (hopefully) but for right now, I'm not even considering relaxing. I love my hair texture!

Bublin

I voted yes - there is no other way for me.

The thought of getting a relaxer actually makes me laugh :lol: ....it served me no purpose other than scalp conditions, crappy looking hair that was always in a ponytail and being scared of moisture be it through sweat or rain or swimming.

Dee Raven

I'm not sure. Right now I think yes, there's no way I'm getting a relaxer anytime soon. And I can't imagine why I would want to go back to chemically processing as it's so much more expensive and I love being to do my own hair completely by myself. But when I change my mind, it's with a quickness and all bets are off.

JustKiya

Yes, for life!! My hair is healthier, stronger, and prettier natural. If I want straight hair, a quick session with heat will give me that - I truly have the best of ALL worlds.

Besides, relaxers stink. :lachen:

delecie

nappywomyn said:
Yes, for life!! My hair is healthier, stronger, and prettier natural. If I want straight hair, a quick session with heat will give me that - I truly have the best of ALL worlds.

Besides, relaxers stink. :lachen:

I agree with nappywomyn. No more chemical burns for me!

GoldenBreeze

I voted "Yes, there's no other way for ME."

I'm certain that I will not relax, because I like the feel of my natural hair. I tried my first relaxer when I was about 20, and didn't like how my hair felt, so I just transitioned out of it without doing a touch up. At 36 I thought maybe there was something different about relaxers and my hair would feel more like my own if I use one, it didn't. I thought maybe if I give myself a little time to get used to the feel of my relaxed hair I would like it better, so I did a touch up 3 months later. I still didn't like how my hair felt so that was my last relaxer. That was 12 years ago.

Last edited:

imstush

We are going to try this again....Yes Natural for life (this is my only umpteenth transition):)

ETA: Ok so I am back. I can now say that I am natural for life!!!!! I've been wearing my hair straight for the past couple of weeks...and my hair looks dry and feels dry. I miss my curls, and they always look so healthy!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention I keep looking at this bald spot in my head from my last relaxer (May 05) that I still can't get to grow back.

Last edited:

CORBINS

Natural for life!! I don't think I could ever go back to relaxers. When I straighten my hair, or wear braids I start to miss my natural hair texture and end up washing my hair or taking the braids out. I love my natural hair!

Shalilac

CORBINS said:
Natural for life!! I don't think I could ever go back to relaxers. When I straighten my hair, or wear braids I start to miss my natural hair texture and end up washing my hair or taking the braids out. I love my natural hair!
I totally just stole that pic in your siggy. Her hair in that pic is my goal!!!

On topic: Yes! Even though I've ended up swallowing those words before. :look: This is it for me!!!

Mahalialee4

I could see me locking before relaxing. Natural hair is healthier for baby fine strands in my opinion. Less likely to be eaten by relaxer, in my opinion. I do not think my hair would survive a relaxer. bonjour

Last edited:

RainbowCurls

Definitely natural for life. I like my hair natural. And it's easier.

In the unlikely event that I'll want straight hair again, I'll just flat iron. My hair laughs at relaxers.

Ms Lala

I love my natural hair and plan to stay natural for life. Sometimes I do think about what I'll do w/my hair when I become elderly though, I'll probably end up chopping it off. Sometimes I do think I might texturize when I get older but then I think about the pain of using those chemicals!

Last edited:

getmoore

I'm trasitioning after relaxing. I was natural for five years before that. I'm now quite sure that I will be natural FOR LIFE!! I think I just wanted to see if I could master a relaxed head of hair. I dunno.:( I just missed MY hair too much. I dont think I'll ever do it again!!! I think i've apologized to my hair a hundred times!:lol: