Conditioning Overnight?

What's your take on conditioning overnight?

• Total voters

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I did it once and I liked it. I tried it again and my hair was waaaay too soft so I'm undecided. Next time I want to pre-poo I'll do it overnight.

Bouncy Curls

AlexB7 said:
I did it once and I liked it. I tried it again and my hair was waaaay too soft so I'm undecided. Next time I want to pre-poo I'll do it overnight.

I had the same experience. My hair was WAY too soft yet I loved it. I think it's good if you are suffering from MAJOR dryness

CoCoGirl821

Bouncy Curls said:
I had the same experience. My hair was WAY too soft yet I loved it. I think it's good if you are suffering from MAJOR dryness

Other than that, it might be a little too much moisture.

Lusa

I love doing this in the fall/winter when my hair tends to be really dry. No negative effects yet.

LovelyLionessa

Divine Inspiration said:
I think it works well if you use the right conditioner(s). I enjoy doing it when I have time to do my hair the following morning.

ITA. The first time I did an overnight conditioning treatment it was with a so-so conditioner, no big results. The 2nd time I used something with a lot of glycerin that left my hair with that horrible mushy feeling that sent me running for the clarifying poo and reconstructor. If I'm ever brave enough to do it again, it'd have to be with a tried and true conditioner.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Yay for me. Depending on what my hair needs, I use different conditioners. When my hair is too soft, I use Nexxus Keraphix for protein. If it's too dry, I use a moisturizing conditioner like the ORS Pak or Suave Humectant. I only had a problem once when I used some cholesterol.

loveable37

Water consist of making hair weak think about after u leave CONDITIONER overnight tha too much moisture unless u have major dryness.my hair break in a insant.

Miss*Tress

Bouncy Curls said:
The water in my area is hard, which in turn dries my hair out terribly, so overnight conditioning is the only way for me to get enough moisture. Covering with plastic and using heat is a more than acceptable substitute though if you're in more of a hurry.

Royal Glory

I voted, "yay".

I get great results when I condition overnight once or twice a week w/any of these prepoos:

Ojon Restorative Treatment or hot EVOO or Coconut Oil

*Frisky*

I just did this last night after a henna treatment. My hair feels great today. I mixed about 5 conditioners and some glycerin together and slept in it. I may have lost 2 hairs even after combing it after rinsing the conditoner out.

thefineprint

occasionally i will deep condition overnight with cholestoral and my hair always comes out soft and shiny in the morning

dynamic1

I condition overnight at times without any negative impact. Sometimes it is out of pure laziness.

MzOptimistic

santia said:
Is this damaging or beneficial? Can it be done often or just once in awhile?

I did it once with Dabur Vatika Oil and the next morning there was hair strands in the cap. I'm a wild sleeper and I constantly toss and turn so I think that is the reason why I had hair strands in the cap. I put the Dabur Vatika Oil on my hair another time and left it on my hair for maybe 4 hours and so and my hair turned out shiny, soft, and tangle free so I think I will stick to just leaving the oil in for a few hours. I really dont' do the overnight thing anyway. I always DC for 30 minutes under my heating cap BUT the Dabur Oil can be used overnight so I tried it that way...a big no-no for me:)

so so chic

I tried dc overnight with conditioner and I didn't really like it. My hair came out mushy and tangled. I do think that it probably has a lot to do with the type of conditioner that you use though. But, as I posted in another thread, I dc with hot six oil the other night, out of laziness, and I loved it :) . I think from now on, I will only dc with an oil, and not an actual conditioner. I don't even like to pre-poo with conditioners. I may try the Ojon Restorative Treatment that Royal Glory mentioned though :) .

ravenmerlita

I use oils & butters overnight -- usually coconut oil or jojoba mixed with castor oil or the Ojon treatment or shea butter. I've tried a conditioner overnight before but hated the way it felt against my scalp and I kept worrying that it might somehow damage my hair.

PaperDoll

~the original~
i, like some of the other ladies in the post ,end up conditioning overnight out of pure laziness :lol: (i hate being under a dryer) but it seems to work really well for my hair (i have a hard time retaining moisture)...

i especially like to do it after a fresh relaxer
mostly i use a mix of conditioners: elucence, nioxin, keracare and the pantene mask for relaxed hair and my hair loves it

it can feel kind of gross but you get used to it lol

deltagyrl

I've done it before out of sheer laziness. Can't say one way or the other if it was beneficial or not. I wouldn't be opposed to doing it again though.

envybeauty

LOVE IT!! When I don't do it overnight, I feel like I cheated my hair out of a good treatment.

I used it with Affirm 5 in 1 and my hair came out so much smoother. Like the protein filled in gaps in my strands or something as I slept. I always DC for hours at a time anyway.

LipGlassHoney

I've done this for years and I LOVE it. I can't stand being under the dryer for more than a couple of minutes. This has never given me breakage. Nothing does really, and my hair is not overconditioned.

AmyInAtl

when conditioning overnight, or even up to 3 days,
as i sometimes,

i will smooth cheapy CON, on dry hair, bun and go........

a must is to follow with a protein Tx