Conditioning Overnight?

What's your take on conditioning overnight?

• Total voters

beans4reezy

I'm a fine haired lady and I do this twice a month. I use WEN almond mint or Fig and deal with Cocasta Shikaki Oil. No problems with mushy hair so far. Then again, I always follow- up with protien the next day.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Never tried it, and probably won't. My hair is too soft as is and I don't wanna make it any worse.

Lovestyr

I dont see any harm deep conditioning overnight. I think it will be very beneficial to the hair. If a person chooses to do it overnight, I would only do that once a week.:drunk:

longhairlover

I don't leave actual conditioner overnight, but Mizani H2O is the ish for overnight conditioning on dry hair, your hair will be sooooo silky the next day and smooth ends :)

sheedahp

I did this twice, one time with Palmers Coconut Milk and EVOO, then another time with ORS Replenishing Pak and each time my hair came out nice and soft, my rollersets were beautiful.:yep:

Taina

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when i made the big chop i used an alcohol based curling product and myhair dryed the world, soooo i made it .. my hair felt sooo soft several days after ..just looooooooove it =)

tasigurl

My hair loves overnight conditioning. I do it about twice a month. Especially after I’ve been wearing my hair flat ironed and I am going back to wearing it natural. Sometimes my overnights are just my herb infused oils, sometimes it’s a mixture of conditioners and sometimes it’s a combo of dish + oils.

I find that it helps to one, use conditioners that are made for overnight (or leave in) use like the body shop's Brazil Nut Moisture Mask Conditioner or Kronos Phyx Overnight Conditioner, or Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment ect. And two, I find that I have better results putting my deep conditioner on my hair when it is about 80% dry & and I don't over saturate. I bag it and let my body heat do the rest. My hair detangles like a dream, no breakage, silky soft. I love the results of overnights!

shae101s

For me doing the overnight depends on the conditioner I am using..It's it's loaded with protein then no, if it's one my hair doesn't usually agree with at a 20-30 mins pace, then no for overnight, but if it's something that I know my hair likes like the Avocado Conditioner i make, then sure no problemo for doing the overnight conditioning.

MizzCoco

I voted nay, because every time I do it, no matter what conditioner I use, I always shed way more than usual when I wash it out the next day. An overnight prepoo with oil only seems to be ok, but I wont use conditioner

Aspire

Yes, when I henna. I add the henna to a thick conditioner and let it stay overnight. Great tamer for new growth.

producjunki

I might go to the dominicans tomorrow, so I might do a blackstrapp molasses and queen helene cholesterol overnight treatment, does this sound good to you all? Let me know

varaneka

I think it depends on whether the hair is damaged or if the conditioner is protein-based.

I'm sure that no matter what, all moisturizing DC's are fine overnight

ThePerfectScore

I'm not a fan... if that mess dries all crinkled and crazy in your hair... it becomes a tangled mess..... I just think I sleep to wild for all of that.

katblack

I did it with henna, and was a bit worried that it would permenantly alter my curls so that they were no longer curls but anti-curls(aka a hot mess). Anyways, I liked the results and I only do overnighters if I am pressed for time. I dont really enjoy the itchy damp scalp feeling...

blackbarbie

I generally do when I am being lazy (which is a LOT of the time). In fact, I am doing it right now.

I applied the DC earlier today along with some coconut oil. I really did have all great intentions of rinsing it out and finishing up the process today but I have just been being lazy today. I haven't had any adverse affects from it.

BB

NaturallyMo

I overnight condition generally after clarifying since my hair tends to be extremely dry. It's the only way to keep it moisturized.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I'm actual doing it right now:look:. I only do it after a henna treatment which was yesterday. I do it to build my moisture back up. My hair is notorious for getting over moisturized, so this is the only time I do it overnight.

GabbanaGirl

I don't do it. My hair would get over-conditioned and I would be bald from breakage by the time I was done detangling. LOL