My first flexirod attempt on wet natural hair

lexiwiththecurls

Greetings Ladies. I just wanted to share my first flexirod attempt on my wet, natural hair. I had only used them on my relaxed hair years ago or when my hair is straightened. I used Jane Carter's Wrap and Roll and used 3 size flexis 9/16, 11/16 and whatever size the purple ones are. My only concern was my roots-They were still very kinky whereas everything was curled. It really didn't matter too much since my hair was big so you couldnt see the roots. Any tips on getting the roots smoother? Next time, I may try it on dry hair to see if the roots come out better. Sorry pics are so big.

I also did a YouTube vid on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z265a3YZobU

CarLiTa

I :love: it! i think it turned out super cute!!
i really want to try a flexy rod set, maybe i'll try it at home since at the salon it's supposedly $70! (and i'm just a cheap college student)/
i wonder how they'll look on my hair, since i'm transitioning and almost natural.

lilsparkle825

very pretty! i set mine but i was too impatient to sit under the dryer and let it finish drying...lol...now i'm mad because this is super cute.

keluric

That is GORGEOUS. I have conditioner in my hair right now and was going to do a twist-out for tomorrow, but you've inspired me to go buy some flexirods. :auto:

bubblebtm2

I just watched ur video on youtube before even seeing this post! I liked ur other videos as well. Was originally looking up flat twist tutorials. Great videos!

Avyn

loooove iiiiiit!! did you air dry or sit under the dryer. i wonder if my ends will come out straight if i do this?

lexiwiththecurls

Thank you ladies so much.

OH MY! That's pretty. How long did it take to dry?

I did it the night before last at maybe 7pm and I took it out at 6pm the next day.

vkb247

vkb247- Yes this is the look I was going for in my Intro thread. Thanks for all the advice. It gave me some great ideas.

jdub- I let it airdry overnight. I hate sitting under the dryer.

skegeesmb

I'm thinking to probably get straighter roots, to rubber band each section you roll so that the roots are pulled taught and the hair wrapped around the flexi-rod would be curly.

lexiwiththecurls

Thanks

and skeegeezmb- Thats a good idea. I heard of people using rubber bands to stretch their natural hair so that may work on my works. Thanks.