Morenita's Big Chop!!!

Morenita

Morenita - what did you put on it to make your curls pop like that :grin:

Nothing at all! I just conditioned and rinsed it all out and took some pics :click: I'm actually surprised at my texture. I didn't know what to expect since I haven't been natural since the 5th grade, and even then, my hair was never let loose and allowed to air dry.

After I took some pics of my naked hair, I put in some Kinky Curly Knot Today (leave-in/detangler), Oyin Whipped (moisturizer) and a little Curl Junkie Coffee Cocoa Curl Creme on top for a light hold. Getting my curls to pop is going to be the easy part, all it takes is moisture. Getting them to stay defined as they dry and not frizz up will be the challenge :rolleyes: I will experiment more today with the wash-n-go and post a pic in my Fotki when it's dry.

Your hair looks gorgeous and super healthy!!!:yep::yep::yep:

Now you're making me want to do the same thing!:grin:

:thankyou: Lol, join the club! It's B/C FEVER around here!! This is crazy! :lachen:

Last edited:

Morenita

You left me, but it's okay! Congrats and enjoy.

Thank you!!

I know, just a few days ago I posted a message to you, psyching myself into waiting another 6 months. :perplexed Lol, SORRY! I still love you all of you over there still transitioning :hug2: and I am SO proud that you have continued your transition Eisani. :clap: I remember when you were kinda on the fence and I was like noooo!:bat: Hang in there! Be strong for the rest of them!! :grin:

To my defense though, I wasn't enjoying my hair anymore. Bunning for a year+ was getting real old. You can do wash-n-go's, my hair would have looked like it was sick if I had tried that lol. I was limited on other styling options because ANY manipulation was causing breakage. My hair really wasn't the transitioning type. I just made it out to be because of all the helpful information and people on the boards.

Last edited:

Lyoness

congratulations!!!!!!!!!! It's about time too!! lol I remember when you cut the lil patch at the front and I thought any minute now she'll get that itch!

If your hair is anything like mine then you'll be fine to finger detangle on wash days.. combing wet/ dry tends to separate the clumps too much for me.. but experiment and you'll work out what works for you ;)

rben

Ooooh! I've been waiting for you to BC :) CONGRATULATIONS! It looks really lovely and I'm going to be stalking your Fotki lots more now to see how it grows and get inspiration.

I think our hair is quite similar but I'm only 9 months post and don't think I could manage without being able to tie my hair back in ponytail as I've never been that great at styling my hair.

Morenita

congratulations!!!!!!!!!! It's about time too!! lol I remember when you cut the lil patch at the front and I thought any minute now she'll get that itch!

If your hair is anything like mine then you'll be fine to finger detangle on wash days.. combing wet/ dry tends to separate the clumps too much for me.. but experiment and you'll work out what works for you ;)

Lol, you remember that do you? It took a lot for me not to b/c then. My hair was jacked :lachen: It's been fine ever since it got a little length back to it though.

You are exactly right!! I experimented a little today and found that combing is not the way to go for me anymore.... it causes too much tangling since my hair seems to like to clump, and they fight with each other when I try to separate the clumps. Just need to let the like curl stick together I guess :yep: Getting it into a ponytail without combing it root to tip is proving interesting. Funny though, until now I could never perceive how anyone could get by with just finger detangling. Well, NOW I get why :yep:

Ooooh! I've been waiting for you to BC :) CONGRATULATIONS! It looks really lovely and I'm going to be stalking your Fotki lots more now to see how it grows and get inspiration.

I think our hair is quite similar but I'm only 9 months post and don't think I could manage without being able to tie my hair back in ponytail as I've never been that great at styling my hair.

Yup, that was my #1 goal. I still can't make all of the pieces quite meet my ponytail, but my hair is long enough to fake it with a little Fantasia IC gel :grin: 9 months post! :clap: Keep at it!! I just know your hair is gorgeous :)

Eisani

Thank you!!

I know, just a few days ago I posted a message to you, psyching myself into waiting another 6 months. :perplexed Lol, SORRY! I still love you all of you over there still transitioning :hug2: and I am SO proud that you have continued your transition Eisani. :clap: I remember when you were kinda on the fence and I was like noooo!:bat: Hang in there! Be strong for the rest of them!! :grin:

To my defense though, I wasn't enjoying my hair anymore. Bunning for a year+ was getting real old. You can do wash-n-go's, my hair would have looked like it was sick if I had tried that lol. I was limited on other styling options because ANY manipulation was causing breakage. My hair really wasn't the transitioning type. I just made it out to be because of all the helpful information and people on the boards.
You don't have to defend your decision to anyone, the bolded is the most important thing to anyone transitioning. YOU have to be comfortable with your hair! I'm glad you're happy :grin: Enjoy that 100% natchal hair and watch it grow and flourish. I'm happy about your hair like it's my own lol.