Ugh I just can't find...

SimplyBlessed

A darn deep conditioner!! :whyme::whyme:
I love being a DIYer and using things around my house :fridge:, but always feel that its not enough (ya know!!)...any suggestions (I've already pmed some of u :yep:)....

If not, I would love something I can find locally (don't really like buying stuff off the internet and waiting) like at wal-mart or walgreens, etc... and at a good price any suggestions will help!!

Thanks ladies

beans4reezy

Have you tried Dominican DC's? They are easy to find and cost effective. Silicon Mix ans Miss Keys 10 en 1 are a couple of faves here.

msa

Well, my favorite DC that I make at home is olive oil and honey. It's simple and is great for moisture. Another good DC is the caramel treatment. As far as store bought, a lot of people love Aubrey Organics. I haven't tried it though. I really liked Giovanni Smooth as Silk for a deep conditioner.

But what are you trying to address with your hair? I have virgin hair (no chemicals at all) and I don't use heat, so I don't really have to worry about counteracting any serious damage.

CocoBunny

Well, my favorite DC that I make at home is olive oil and honey. It's simple and is great for moisture. Another good DC is the caramel treatment. As far as store bought, a lot of people love Aubrey Organics. I haven't tried it though. I really liked Giovanni Smooth as Silk for a deep conditioner.

But what are you trying to address with your hair? I have virgin hair (no chemicals at all) and I don't use heat, so I don't really have to worry about counteracting any serious damage.

Whats the ratio of olive oil to honey? Do you add anything else? How long do you leave it on?

Thanks in advance.

MoniintheMiddle

I LOVE (and this is a cheapie) the Olive Oil Cholestoral DC by Hollywood Beauty. It works wonders for my 7.5 months post hair!

msa

Whats the ratio of olive oil to honey? Do you add anything else? How long do you leave it on?

Thanks in advance.

I usually just do equal parts. Sometimes I add coconut oil, if I haven't already preoiled my hair. Usually I pour both in a bowl (I don't really measure, just enough to cover all my hair) and then put it in the microwave for a few seoncds to warm it up. Then I put it on and leave it for awhile (anywhere from 30mins to a few hours).

Pandora1975

My favorite this month in Lustrasilk Shea Cholesterol Plus, or their carrot cholesterol (sorry, can't remember actual name). I add honey, castor oil, coconut oil, and sometimes evoo. If I'm running low on it and need to stretch it I add HE LTR or Aussie 3 minute miracle. Its a very inexpensive concoction, but nothing except the ORS packets have come close to giving me the moisture I need. Of course, I haven't really tried many things yet, but since this works, why change it?

MonPetite

JASON Conditioners (I've reviewed almost all of them, they're fantastic!) + baking soda (my baking soda texturizer -my tutorials on my blog) followed by equal parts olive oil and coconut oil (left on for an hour with a shower cap) leave my hair luscious!

SimplyBlessed

thanks for the suggestions ladies....keep them coming...i'm natural if that makes a difference....

I always thought about just using a cheapie and some honey but thought there was some debate about the molecule sizes and differences between a labeled deep conditioner and cheapie....

msa

thanks for the suggestions ladies....keep them coming...i'm natural if that makes a difference....

I always thought about just using a cheapie and some honey but thought there was some debate about the molecule sizes and differences between a labeled deep conditioner and cheapie....

Personally, I only consider something a DC if it provides long lasting moisture or if it has penetrating ingredients. So I use olive oil and coconut oil a lot because they both penetrate.

You could doctor up a cheapie because it does provide some moisture. But it may not be able to meet all your needs. Research different ingredients and use the ones that can provide you the most benefits.

aa9746

A darn deep conditioner!! :whyme::whyme:
I love being a DIYer and using things around my house :fridge:, but always feel that its not enough (ya know!!)...any suggestions (I've already pmed some of u :yep:)....

If not, I would love something I can find locally (don't really like buying stuff off the internet and waiting) like at wal-mart or walgreens, etc... and at a good price any suggestions will help!!

Thanks ladies

I like to add vege glycerin, jojoba, EVOO or castor to my cheapie conditioners and moisturizers.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Yes to Carrots (in the bottle and in the jar)

Lustresilk cholesterol. Any of them.

Honey and olive oil.

LaidBak

I am a moisture DC lover! My recommendations are:
Mizani moisturefuze
Creme of Nature Professional Moisture Extreme
Kenra MC
Motions After shampoo Moisture Plus Conditioner
Keracare Humecto

These all give me good slip. I mix all my DC's with a dose of EVOO and use heat with a plastic cap.

Good protein DCs:
Silicon Mix
LeKair Cholesterol
Joico K-Pak
ORS Replenishing Pak

Hope this helps!

SimplyBlessed

Awww u ladies are sooo helpful...so i'm hearing a lot about honey...I think I'll give that a try....scared about adding egg though bc I will be doing a mayo/egg mix every other week (tried it last night n loveeed it), so I'm scared that adding more eggs will be toooooo much protein...

blackpearl81

I've tried EVERYTHING and the wonder juice was right under my nose and only 3 bucks....Lustrasilk Cholesterol w/Shea Butter and Mango....it makes my hair soooooo soft! Def my best staple....