I am almost waist length!!

CurleeDST

YOU GO!! I am happy to see your progress! Funny how things move when we aren't steadily staring at it. I love your album and am highly encouraged with your progress! You will be at waist length in NO TIME! I bet by August 2007!

Thanks for sharing!

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Wow. I really can't believe it. As I was washing my hair I did a pull test and I have just a few more inches until I am waist length!! If it weren't for this site (and nappturality) I wouldn't have seen these results. Me only combing my hair at a max of twice weekly, exercising, drinking more water, and eating a tad bit better have really been beneficial. Once again, thanks ladies!

divya

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Wow. I really can't believe it. As I was washing my hair I did a pull test and I have just a few more inches until I am waist length!! If it weren't for this site (and nappturality) I wouldn't have seen these results. Me only combing my hair at a max of twice weekly, exercising, drinking more water, and eating a tad bit better have really been beneficial. Once again, thanks ladies!

Wow!!!!! And your hair looks beautiful as usual! How many years natural btw?

B

Bublnbrnsuga

To answer some of your questions:

I have been natural for 4 years.
Yes, I have an album
http://public.fotki.com/Bublnbrnsuga
pw is frizzy

I flat ironed last year and I get tired just with the thought of doing it again! I don't know when I will straighten it.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND WORDS! I was so touched, I even told me husband. He was standing there looking at me like :look: Okay, babe :lol:

CurleeDST

I know this is probably a silly question - but what is it about Aubrey conditioners that you like? Are they thick? Watery? How does your hair feel afterwards?

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I feel so overwhelmed with joy, that I will repost my regimen. Usually I am so lazy and since I deleted my fotki link on this forum, I will go ahead and state my complete regimen. It's really simple (told ya I was lazy)! :lol:

I don't do vitamins, hair growth potions, scalp massages, etc.
I have been incorporating more steamed veggies and fresh fruit in my diet. I have tossed out the canned green beans (sniff). I eat a lot of spinach (raw and steamed), onions, I douse (sp?) my foods with olive oil instead of butter and I have stopped eating out so much. I haven't gotten to the recommendation of drinking 8 glasses of water daily, but I can tell ya I have cut out nearly ANYTHING with high fructose corn syrup. If I don't drink water, I drink 100% fruit juice, no sugar/corn syrup added, etc. If I get an urge (which is rare) drink a coke, best believe I split it with someone or I pour most of it down the drain. I am really hyper :yep: and I work out pretty often.

Okay now for the actual regimen:
If I pre-poo, I use Honey and Horsetail Reconstructor from myhoneychild.com. I slather this on along with an oil (castor oil is what I have now) and place a plastic cap on my head. I don't sit under the dryer because I learned that it can actually dry the hair instead of conditioning it, so I allow my body heat to penetrate my scalp and strands.

I wash my hair weekly with shampoo, but I drench my hair with water pretty often during the week, whether it be by spritzing it with teas or when I take a shower. Many of these times, I don't comb my hair. I comb at a max of twice weekly with a wide tooth comb. I use Dr. Bronners Tea Tree Oil shampoo, I spritz my hair with teas (horsetail, chamomile, nettle, rosemary, sage) and mix this with 911 Leave in liquid conditioner since it has a ton of vitamins and minerals, plus it increases the shelf life of the tea. For CON washings, I adore AUBREY ORGANICS CONDITIONERS! Ain't enough caps in the world to express how much I love these conditioners. I love the Honeysuckle Rose and the White Camellia.

Once I finish washing, I look at my hair and go, lawd, what's next :lol: Seriously.

Okay, when styling, I use the following products:
Elucence MB as a leave-in
Asha's Sunkissed Pomade or Sophia's Hair grease(for shine) and her Heavenly Hair pudding (for moisture/lubing :look: )
WGO for my ends
Sophia's Coconut gel (when I slick back, which isn't often)
Nature's Blessing for my scalp
Spectrum's Organic Coconut oil (LOVE THIS STUFF) for either shine or moisture
African's Herbal Hair Oil or Castor Oil for hot oil treatments during the pre-poo

I really don't brush my sides and I have noticed this has been a TREMENDOUS help in retainging the front section of my hair.

One thing I have noticed as my hair has gotten longer is that my hair seems much straighter than usual. I was told that the curl/wave adds weight to the hair and pulls it down. I really can't do a wash and go like I used to because my hair has no shape to it as it once did. I am considering getting long layers to try to counteract this.

HTH

Lucia

Bublnbrnsuga said:
You read my mind! When I noticed last night that my hair was nearly about a few inches from being waistlength, I almost screamed! Since I have just about achieved my waistlength goal when stretched, I am gonna push it even further to see if I can get to WL unstretched.
congratz, wooooohooooo!
you are so @ WSL straight, now if anyone can get to WSL curly it's you, You grow girl! :lol:

Last edited:

jenteel

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Girl, if you know how to cut long layers, we can talk! :lol:

Well, this is what I typically do, depending on the style. If I two strand twist my hair, I leave those in for about 3 days, wetting in between. When those get old, I unravel them and wash them as usual, just no combing. I've noticed this gives me a much more defined wash and go and I don't have to use products to 'set' the hair in place. This way you get to keep a nice style.

congrats!!!!!
so true about the non-combing!!!
i did this a few times w only conditioner but am addicted 2 "clearing out"
i may start the non-combing back up in the summer