Cerasee Tea?

ms jadu

Down in Jamaica, we drink a tea called Cerasee(also known known as wash out) to rid our bodies of toxins. My father recommended that i drink this tea to clear up my acne, and to stop hair loss. While it worked, the cerasee(which i drank daily) started to make me lose weight, so i stopped immediately. My question for the posters is, are there any alternative teas to drink that has the same effect, but doesn't effect my weight?

Integrity

ohhh, do you get this cerasee thing in the US or europe or u gotta go to jamaica?? please put this post in the health and fitness forum. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Julia

This tea is known for its health benefits. Jamaican's swear by it, but is it ever bitta! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

However if it made you lose weight I may reconsider it.

azul11

is it one of those things where it cleanses your body so you can absorb the nutrients that your body needs and it may work for hair as well. i am trying to understand how this works. i THINK i have seen this in health food stores if i am not mistaken i think this was near stuff like ashanti and other cleansing drinks. God bless you all.

ms jadu

See its funny because my mother drinks it religously, and it has made no effect on her weight. However, when my sister and I drank it, we both lost weight. But it has some great benefits. There is a site called www.blackherbals.com that has some info about it. and yes, we yardies swear by de herbal tings dem!lol

ms jadu

according to the blackherbals link, it is also called achochilla, karela, balsam apple, madian apple, and mexicaine.

canuck

ugh! cerasee (pro. sir-si) tea taste bad bwoy... lose weight eh? hmmmm.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif no still, it still tastes horrible /images/graemlins/frown.gif
sorry.

it brings back memories of ja though, and the 'washouts' we used to have with castor oil. Made your complexion glow...

Armyqt

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ms jadu said:
lol. Oh gosh, do you remeber having to take bittas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely! Cerasse, castor oil, cod liver oil. YUCK!! Thanks God those days are over. But you know our parents DID know what they were doing. Kept us real healthy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

elliot

Here is some quick information about Cerasee, but before you start using this for weight loss, please do some research cause this stuff is powerful.

Cerasee is derived from Momordica Charantia, which the actual plant. It has several common names (cerasee, peria balsam-apple, bitter-melon, and balsam pear to name a few.)

My friend's mom uses it too. Something about diabetes, insulin, and sugar conversion... , but apparently it helps to suppress your sugar cravings when you are taking it. However, this stuff is no joke, so do your research before you starting using it. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT or attempting to conceive. Here is a link if you want more info. http://momordica.allbio.org/

elliot

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ms jadu said:
, are there any alternative teas to drink that has the same effect, but doesn't effect my weight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Horsetail Tea is supposedly good for skin-related problems because of its high silicon content, which is good for your hair too! HTH /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

zoya_j

Boy, you couldn't pay me to drink cerasee or eat aloe. Cod liver oil and olive oil, no problem.But those first two no way. Cerasee is excellent for your health, I'm from the Bahamas and if you have any ailments cerasee boiled with sour lime will cure it. I try to wash my hair and bathe in sage at least once a week, it's very good for the skin and hair.I try to do the aloe treatments too, but it always gets in my mouth, boy I can't stand that. I can't think of any other tea that you could drink only aloe I remember when I was a small there used to be something you could buy called aloe bitters or something like that. Why don't you try drinking the cerasee less or watering it down. Maybe once week or one whole week out of a month or every other day. I'll ask my grammy and see if she knows about another tea. I never heard of anybody losing weight from drinking serasee, but it makes sense since it's used for "cleaning out."

ms jadu

I never heard of anybody losing weight from drinking serasee, but it makes sense since it's used for "cleaning out."

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt either until it started happening. It made me use the bathroom very frequently. It did a great job of cleansing my body, but weight just kept coming off. Not massive weight. Anyhow, that was the main reason why i stopped taking this tea. Right now, I would like to add on a few lbs. I think eliott recommended Horsetail Tea, which has what the results I'm looking for.

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
no but thinking about getting some. My auntie said it will help with my eczema

manter26

I wish I had seen this sooner. My mom just got back from JA, 2 weeks ago. There's a Trini grocer by me. I wonder if they drink it. I could also use some real peppermint tea.

Caramel Hottie UK

I've had my mum force cerasee on me many times. I guess I've just got used to the taste as I'm always taking it if I ever have any belly issues. I never really notice any weight change with it, I will definitely pay more attention when I'm drinking next.
I think they sell it in tea bags in the uk in most large supermarkets, I get mine from asda

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

claud-uk

Just asked DH who's a fitness nut and he says Oolong or Pu Erh tea will do the job. If you're taking vits I would suggest adding some fresh lemon for the vitamin C which helps the body to absorb/adsorb. Reading that back doesn't even make sense to me, I hope someone else can chime in.

RockCreak

Ok a coworker just gave me some of this and my goodness is it bitter. Man I'm having a hard time swallowing this stuff but if the benefits out weighs the risk.. I'm gain!

beloved1bx

Ok a coworker just gave me some of this and my goodness is it bitter. Man I'm having a hard time swallowing this stuff but if the benefits out weighs the risk.. I'm gain!

Try mixing in a teaspoon/tablespoon of lemon juice with the tea. It has made it slightly more bearable to drink for me. It is pretty awful tasting stuff, LoL.