My hair has stopped growing

BlkOnyx488

Cornrows can KILL fine strands as well. You said you were wearing phony puffs? They can also be a killer, especially the kinky textured ones. I was wearing marley hair as a phoney bun...would you believe that hair tangled with my own and ripped my ends? Noticed it after a week. Now I have to cover my real hair with a piece of satin to protect it.

Is your hair really soft and mushy like a cloud when wet? Is there a lot of breakage on your hands when you wash/condish? That's a sign of moisture overload and protein is key to correcting it. Think about it--not only were you baggying (moisture!) but you work out and sweat a lot (moisture!) plus you do moisture DCs (more moisture!). in fine porous hair this is disaster!

You might want to protein past eggs though (I have to when moisture overloaded and I DO use egg too)-- Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor is great for fattening up fine strands and you can use it often. Some of us fine-haireds wear it overnight.

Join us in the "The Original Fine Hair" thread. Your issues are pretty common for us... we'd love to have you!
@the bolded

I over used that product back in 09, i had to cut my hair back to neck length

That product is why I am afraid of protein lol

You making me have flashbacks.

I am thinking about doing individual braids for 8 weeks and adding protein treatments and evaluating my progress after that

MzSwift

((BIG HUG))

For light protein txs, I like to use Motions CPR (in the bottle), henna txs, full fat plain yogurt + egg, ORS Replenishing pak and even Megatek. I don't keep any protein tx in more than 15-20 mins. Like you, I'm terribly afraid of protein overload.

IA that maybe combs from the attachment are causing splits. Have you thought about incorporating wigs or headwraps (bun style)?

GL sis, I hope your hair recovers.