burned scalp from perm - what to do

melodies815

I always left my scalp alone for the first 24 hours and, I know I will probably get a beat down for saying this...but don't sleep with a cap tonight. I am the world's WORST burner...that is before Influance relaxers.

ANYWAY...Your scalp needs to BREATHE!!!

In the morning, gently put on one of the following to your whole scalp - in order of preference for treating burns and healing quickly.

(1) Aloe Vera gel - THE BEST RECOMMENDATION!
(2) Shea Butter - will also heal well and quickly.
(3) Vitamin E oil - pure...not mixed with other oils...the thickest you have available.

When your scalp is no longer crazy raw (maybe 2 days), wash again with neutralizer shampoo just to make sure there's no relaxer left, treat scalp again if you can and style as you usually do.

I hope this helps. I'm so sorry you got burned...I always HATED that!!! Can you change your relaxer?

Anyone else wanna chime in on this?

Bless you,
cj

longhairlover

Neo like daydreem2876 said, or a&d ointment, I have burned myself in the past and never suffered hair loss from it, but it is painful, did you scratch of brush your hair before you relaxed? I try to do minimum brushing and scratching on my head before I relax, times when I have scratched or too much too my head i've gotten burned.

I hope it heals fast.

preciousstone

i used a new relaxer.. mizani butter blends.. cuz i heard so many rave about it on here.. my hair looks the same as with any other perm.. so am kinda like.. eh! anyway, i don't think it was the mizani.. i've always had issues with burning with relaxer.. even when i use mild.. but i've never burned this bad... its usually just one little spot in the middle..

thanks for the recommendation

MDsInfamousDiva

I used Mizani butter blends and burned my scalp too. I had a pimple on the back of my scalp but was still determinied to relax after stretching it out for too long. I think the combo of the skin damage and extra processing time killed it. Now I have a bald spot on the back of my head. :perplexed Not really noticible but its gettin on my nerves and can't stop touching it!

LaidBak

I have heard that emu oil is great for healing the skin. It has anti inflamatory properties. I read in an emu oil thread that a girl healed her scalp after a burn with emu oil. But it aint cheap. My first instinct would be pure vitamin E oil.

I've melted the hair into my scalp before. I had scabs with the hair fused into it. Back then I didn't know anything about oils. I Didn't put anything on my scalp and it just healed up on its own after a while. Not advocating this, just illustrating how ignorant I was back then. I'm lucky I didn't go bald.