Relaxed ladies, how do u do braidouts/twistouts

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am researching hairstlyes. Can ya help me out, ya'll?:D I'm not relaxed yet, just looking to learn.

Shaniquah

I put detangler in my hair along with a serum, then add my hair butter and braid in 4 plaits (got tired of frenchbraiding) My hair really came out nice today :cool: yes, I am tooting my own horn!!

Dee-Licious

Shaniquah said:
I put detangler in my hair along with a serum, then add my hair butter and braid in 4 plaits (got tired of frenchbraiding) My hair really came out nice today :cool: yes, I am tooting my own horn!!

I'm relaxed and can't seem to get braid/twistouts to work. Are you talking about plaits like the ones little girls wear with barrette at the end?

nita4

I shampoo, put in conditioner (Humectress) helps to detangle, let air dry a little, part hair from front to back in five sections as I go along, add shea butter and flat twist. I roll the ends upon themselves. Works well. I've been wearing my hair like this most of the summer. Just don't do on really wet hair, won't be dry in the morning. I'm looking for a good daily moisturizer besides the "jerry curl juices". They can add too much moisture to relaxed hair and make it droop.

vickyd

I am relaxed and I do braid outs and bantu knots. I have done a braidout on hair that is not freshly washed then a dampen it with Infusium 23 or IC leave in and then do about 8 cornrows straing back and then about 3 rollers under on the ends and I have had great results. I have also done bantu knots and had good results. I just had to figure out how many knots to use to achieve the desired results.

HTH

Ms_Twana

I have attempted both for the first time this past couple of weeks. I have a twistout now. I washed and conditioned, used lottabody setting lotion, and braided or twisted. The thing is, I can't do flat twists or french braids very well. I read directions online as I did it. So my braids/twist that I attempted to do on my head were very loose. I only did two going down each side of my head for the braids and one on each side for the twist. For the rest of my head, I did individual braids/twists. I then let is airdry overnight.

Both came out okay. The braidout was crinkled more at my root than the twistout was. I need to stand next to someone who has one so that I can compare it to mines.

My only question is, what are you ladies putting on your hair when it starts to dry out. Mines starts to look dry after day one. One day my husband told me that "It looks like I had a dried up jerry curl." LOL!! He makes me sick.

Anyway, suggestions on keeping it moist would be great.

LovelyLionessa

After washing, I apply my leave-ins and I set my hair in 6 twists and roll the ends on small self holding rollers and airdry. Before bedtime, I apply my leave-in and oil and put my hair in 2-4 twistouts for the night. Bantu knots work exceptionally well on relaxed hair too.

kareflow

I love braidouts!!! After washing my hair i apply my leave in conditioner and make 8-10 braids. Then i apply shea butter and roller set the last inch of each braid with straws. The ends look like this

Attachments

• hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 44
  • hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

asubeauty

I'm going to try my first twistout tonight. I've been stalking all of the braidout/twistout threads. :sekret: :lol:

Shaniquah

MsDanele1518 said:
I'm relaxed and can't seem to get braid/twistouts to work. Are you talking about plaits like the ones little girls wear with barrette at the end?

Yup!! I do 4 of them. I like the look of the braidout with the plaits as opposed to the frenchbraid. Seems the plaits give a more uniformed look - my frenchbraid is all big and wavy at the top, tight and wavy at the bottom - not cute! If you take your hair out the next day while it's wet, your hair will wind up being frizzy as soon as you walk out the door. Wait until your hair is just slightly damp. On my ends I apply a hair butter, then I put something satin on my ends. This morning I mixed about a quarter-size amount of aloe vera gel with a little bit of Kemi Oyl and scrunched throughout my hair (try not to manipulate too much, that makes hair more frizzy.) My waves have a lot of definition. ;)

KhandiB

For Braidouts I do two french braids for the wavy look

for twist outs I do alot of twists all around my head on dry hair.. havent tried it on wet hair yet

Good Luck!

UmSumayyah

Cornrows for braidouts. Horizontally seems to work best. This depends on your length as well. The longer it gets the fewer braids you need, and the more likely you are to get good results with plaits.