Two Strand Twist with Extensions

nita4

Ladies, how long do these normally last for you and can I shampoo my hair with them in? If yes, then how? Excuse my ignorance, but it would seem that your own hair would come out of the twist???

Last edited:

balisi

I kept mine in for about 6 weeks and I was forever washing my hair with them. However, I always took care to gently manipulate my scalp with a little shampoo and let the suds work their way down the lengths.

ayoung

I haven't had them yet--but my friend wears her's for about 6 weeks and doesn't wash hers. But she also dosen't put heavy things on them either. She rubs olive oil or coconut or sweet almond oil and shea butter on them.

Jbirds1

My sister does mine. She simply braids a bit of it first (not too much..similar to normal braids) then proceeds to twist. In a few braids my hair does poke out but its not that noticable. Just keep the twist tight and you should be fine. I wash my hair once a week and I focus mainly on the scalp than the twists themselves. I keep mine in for six weeks. Take them out..give my hair/scalp a couple weeks to breathe and get a touch up...then I put the twists (or braids) back in. Hope this helps.

tastesosweet

I've worn a set for 5 months with a touch-up at the 2 1/2 month mark. For some, that is too long to go without fully washing the hair, but not for me. My hair grew like weeds during that time. I used Herbal Cleanse to clean the twists and my scalp.

tastesosweet said:
I've worn a set for 5 months with a touch-up at the 2 1/2 month mark. For some, that is too long to go without fully washing the hair, but not for me. My hair grew like weeds during that time. I used Herbal Cleanse to clean the twists and my scalp.

What is herbal cleanse?

angellazette

I'm currently on my second set of twists. The first set I washed and they were really fuzzy. I'm not going to wash this set. Someone mentioned using Sea Breeze astringent to cleanse the scalp. Also, I only kept the first set in for 6 weeks.

Healthb4Length

I'm currently in twist extensions, I've been rocking them for 6 1/2 weeks now. You can definitely wash them, I do so weekly. You can use a stocking cap and wash them, that way U have less manipulation.