Blowdrying and trimming today **pics**

Fine 4s

4/08/2023-

I clarified with Joico and did an ApHogee 2-step protein treatment and then DC'ed overnight with Mizani Moisturefuse mixed with EVOO, Grapeseed oil and honey. I still have the DC in while at work lol (see last pic below). Will Roux it up when I rinse this baby out and detangle a little more and lastly apply Nexxus heat protectant....

Second pic is 2009

Third pic is 2010

2011- set back heat damage

2012-none

2013- ???? will post later tonight around 9:30-10PM.

Goal- healthy full WL

What styles should I do while enjoying the stretched hair?
I'm thinking....bantu knot out, a big huge bun, a side flat twist and a twist out on the tail end so it's more stretched out? Any more ideas? I don't want to manipulate the hair too much either but I'm excited!

^ Stylist never showed up so I searched for someone new and set an apt. at Supercuts on 4/27/2013.

ETA- 4/27/2013 went to Supercuts and had a great experience. The stylist blow dried on cool as requested and started at 1:40 and didn't finish until 3:00. She did not pull, yank or tug at my hair. I almost fell asleep! Really enjoyed it.We'll see what the Bantu knot out looks tomorrow.
I need to train my photographer on how to take length shots! Sorry...

Attachments

• 2009.jpg
    2009.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 437
  • 2010.jpg
    2010.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 437
  • DC hair.JPG
    DC hair.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 419
  • image-1334958263.jpg
    image-1334958263.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 319
  • image-697657109.jpg
    image-697657109.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 322
  • image-1007764555.jpg
    image-1007764555.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 295
  • image-3571194117.jpg
    image-3571194117.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 323
  • image-1498582475.jpg
    image-1498582475.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 284
  • image-3648985896.jpg
    image-3648985896.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 262
  • image-3005134142.jpg
    image-3005134142.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Lovely hair. I love the idea of using the beanie at work to deep condition. I assume u have a plastic cap on under? And how do u keep the beanie on?

Fine 4s

Lovely hair. I love the idea of using the beanie at work to deep condition. I assume u have a plastic cap on under? And how do u keep the beanie on?

Hey havilland
I have a plastic cap on and then a black skully (do-rag material) and then the beanie. I need a black one made.

Anyway....here I am at 8:54PM still waiting for a call or an appearance from the stylist! I'm sooooo disappointed. She was the best blowdryer. Maybe I should just forget about her completely and search for someone else yet again!
Perhaps this is an opportunity for her to learn about good customer service. UGH! I'm so bumbed.

it's now 9:56- I'm going to sleep. I'm pissed. Had all these big plans....hope spraying heat protectant on my hair ain't going to hurt it cuz....they ain't no heat LOL

Last edited:

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Hey havilland
I have a plastic cap on and then a black skully (do-rag material) and then the beanie. I need a black one made.

Anyway....here I am at 8:54PM still waiting for a call or an appearance from the stylist! I'm sooooo disappointed. She was the best blowdryer. Maybe I should just forget about her completely and search for someone else yet again!
Perhaps this is an opportunity for her to learn about good customer service. UGH! I'm so bumbed.

She missed an opportunity to play all up and thru ur hair...her lost, I'm On my way! Lol...maybe ur hair intimidated her, idk. Hell, she could have called.

Fine 4s

I don't deal with it which is why is stays dry :(
It's tucked away in a bun or in twists until I HAVE to deal with it.
Thank you for the big up :)

Fine 4s

Fine 4s Beautiful hair!!! How often do you blow dry? I'm thinking about trying it to see if it helps with knots.

Hey LadyD,

I only blow dry for trims. This was the first time since 2011 and it was on cool setting. The blow dryer did get warm but not hot. They say it does help with knots so try it! I can SEE my knots more clearly. I want to trim them but I lost my shears from hair school! ugh!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
OMG Fine 4s!!! All that gorgeous long fine hair!!!! ... :drool: My fine hair now believes your fine hair is her mentor :D

Thanks for sharing!

virtuenow

Thanks for sharing! The pics are confusing b/c they are out of order or tagged wrong (I guess). Anyhoo, your hair looks lush and thick. You're making me want to head over to Supercuts, too! Have you tried doing a bantu knot out w/less knots (1-4). That would look great on your hair length.

Fine 4s

Thanks for sharing! The pics are confusing b/c they are out of order or tagged wrong (I guess). Anyhoo, your hair looks lush and thick. You're making me want to head over to Supercuts, too! Have you tried doing a bantu knot out w/less knots (1-4). That would look great on your hair length.

No, but next time I'll try it.
But that hair went POUF by the end of the day!
The next day I tried to do something cute for work and by noon it was back in a bun (I also think I'm not used to my hair being 'out')
The following day it was all tucked in like this....see below
I need a vid for flat twists and I have questions too.

That larger flat twist was a fail but guess what? I wore my hair like this all week, tied up at night. Yesterday I did a different bun though, a simple twirl.

Attachments

• Back of blow dried bun.JPG
    Back of blow dried bun.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Best little flat twist on right side.JPG
    Best little flat twist on right side.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Larger flat twist fail.JPG
    Larger flat twist fail.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 37