HELP: I did a braid out last night! I NEED HELP!

bludacious

OKay her is the deal. I did a braid out last night. I haven't taken it down yet. I need help. My hair is still braided. I let it air dried over night. I don't think it's completely dry so I am going to sit under the dryer for about 20 minutes. My last braidout didn't work out because I didn't know what to do when I took it down. Help ladies,what do I do now?

MomofThreeBoys

Hi there Blud :)

There's not much to do except unbraid and finger comb to seperate out the hair. You might want to use a little oil for shine (i like coconut)

bludacious

natalied said:
Hi there Blud :)

There's not much to do except unbraid and finger comb to seperate out the hair. You might want to use a little oil for shine (i like coconut)

Hi Natalied,

Okay. Thanks! I will let your know how it turns out! Thanks!

nita4

if your hair is still damp, it is going to frizz when you take it out. I would try to pin up some how into a style. Take the braids out, don't comb, take the sections and see if you can pin up, or put into some type of puff on top of your head. As your hair dries, it will frizz.

The next time you try your braid out, I do mine nightly, let your hair air dry some. I find that if my ends are dry, my roots will still be damp. I add some conditioner and oil to the length of hair, braid, and roll the ends. This way in the morning the hair should be dry and if not it won't be real damp where it will frizz up.

HTH

bludacious

nita4 said:
if your hair is still damp, it is going to frizz when you take it out. I would try to pin up some how into a style. Take the braids out, don't comb, take the sections and see if you can pin up, or put into some type of puff on top of your head. As your hair dries, it will frizz.

The next time you try your braid out, I do mine nightly, let your hair air dry some. I find that if my ends are dry, my roots will still be damp. I add some conditioner and oil to the length of hair, braid, and roll the ends. This way in the morning the hair should be dry and if not it won't be real damp where it will frizz up.

HTH

Thanks! That's exactly what I did. But my hair is thick and holds water. I am sitting under a dryer now to completely dry my hair. I have a headband so I am going to wear that. Hopefully, I can get some pictures done today!

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Hey 'Bama girl! :wave:

What I did for mine, (I dry slow too!) I took the braid loose, but I didn't finger comb them much. I just seperated just a little. Especially since it's been so hot and humid here. Georgia's weather tends to make my hair "high and lifted up"!

I've got pics of mine..

bludacious

onepraying said:
Hey 'Bama girl! :wave:

What I did for mine, (I dry slow too!) I took the braid loose, but I didn't finger comb them much. I just seperated just a little. Especially since it's been so hot and humid here. Georgia's weather tends to make my hair "high and lifted up"!

I've got pics of mine..

Thanks Lady! I have been wondering about you! Where you been?
I am on my way to your album now!

nita4

Yep, a headband will get you out of all kinds of messes.

Also, if you wear pantyhose, and get a run. Cut the good leg off and use this as a headband. Works wonders if you need one real quick.

bludacious

Thanks ladies! I did it and I like it! I think this will become my signature style. I can't find a USB cable for my digital camera so I am on my way to walmart to get my pictures developed. I believe they have it so that I can get it on a cd instead. If they do, I will post pictures later today or tomorrow morning!

MomofThreeBoys

Great! Can't wait to take a looksee:)

bludacious said:
Thanks ladies! I did it and I like it! I think this will become my signature style. I can't find a USB cable for my digital camera so I am on my way to walmart to get my pictures developed. I believe they have it so that I can get it on a cd instead. If they do, I will post pictures later today or tomorrow morning!

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
nita4 said:
Yep, a headband will get you out of all kinds of messes.

Also, if you wear pantyhose, and get a run. Cut the good leg off and use this as a headband. Works wonders if you need one real quick.

I'm down with the pantyhose/knee-Hi thang! Works like nobody's business.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
bludacious said:
Thanks Lady! I have been wondering about you! Where you been?
I am on my way to your album now!

I've been around, in and out of the forum. It gets a little....no ALOT distracting at times. I'm probably going to take another 30 day hiatus. Keeps things balanced.

Sorry I missed the meet up, but they be having those things on Sundays and I just can't do Sunday....:nono:

Thanks for visiting my Fotki. Can't wait to see the pics of your braidout!