WIG CHALLENGE 2014

Mokee

Welp time to go back into my beehive braid for another 2 weeks. ...until we meet again hair :(. The 5 days of leaving my hair unbraided reminded me why I joined this challenge in the first place; I touch my hair entirely TOO DAM MUCH ! Lol

meka72

Hey ladies! I'm new to the challenge. I have a custom wig/quick weave (on stocking cap) that I remove daily. I also purchased two human hair wigs (sensationnel bump wig ?) that are very similar to my wig/weave; they're just different colors.

I'm almost due for another wig/weave. It will probably be the same or similar to the style that I mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

gabulldawg

I'm hoping that my hair will soon be long enough to braid. I will just feel better once my hair is more tidy under my wig. I don't know why. :lol:

gabulldawg

I just love when my wig is laid right! Yas!!!!

I've also stopped using the combs and am just using the adjustable straps. It's fitting snug enough. It's been really windy and I haven't felt like I was going to lose my wig. :lol:

Last edited:

gabulldawg

I think I'm going to straighten my wig today and put some different curls in it. Then I may try to wear it straight.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I skipped wig shopping to go to the gym so I need to find a new wig asap. My curly afro wig is still nice, but I want a straight wig for a while

ojemba

I'm really taking off on my wig making journey. hope you have like my FB page.

What I'm wearing this week.

image-4240759977.jpg

trebell

I'm still wearing my curly wig. A lot of naturals compliment me on my hair. I love this wig so. But I'm getting my next wig ready. I hope to ride my current wig until I get my hair done on the 17th. I'm getting a hairstyle like this.

ForumRunner_20140402_192828.jpg

gabulldawg

I can't believe I've been sticking with this challenge.:lol: But I picked a great wig and that makes all the difference. I've gotten lots of complements and stares. I love it. Definitely glans up my look.

LovelyRo

I just made a full wig for one of my friends for the first time!!!! The closure is super super flat! Now I want to make one for myself! Sorry, I didn't take pics!

gabulldawg

Everyone is thinking that my wig is a sew in. :lol: Folks keep asking who did my hair. I'm really happy to hear that. I hate when a wig looks wiggy.

CurliDiva

Now that Spring has officially sprung - is anyone changing up their wig game to celebrate?

Shorter length?

Longer length?

Color or Highlights?

CurliDiva

I'm very tempted to try an angled bob like Bey but still in a natural color! I'm so bored with long hair right now :/

Attachments

• beyonce-tumblr-bob-haircut.jpg
    beyonce-tumblr-bob-haircut.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 63

lux10023

i do dark colors during the winter and for spring/summer i do light :yep:

i buy 4 of the same wig which last me about 2-3 months--depending on if I am vacationing or in water often...

i also warm ppl up to my new spring wig about late Feb/March so that its not a drastic and obvious change...lol:look:

i try and stay away from typical summer styles like wet and wavy or etc--i like to go against the crowd but i get why those textures work...

Now that Spring has officially sprung - is anyone changing up their wig game to celebrate?

Shorter length?

Longer length?

Color or Highlights?

Last edited:

NGraceO

Soooooo, I am currently on hiatus from the dear wig challenge. I really needed a break from my hair...in wigs at least. So I impulsively installed some chunky Senegalese twists last night. I plan to keep them in for about two - four weeks, however long of a break I feel I need. Anywho, pics!! First two pics are the ones that inspired the style. Third one is of my hair.

Attachments

• image-2488871193.jpg
    image-2488871193.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 134
  • image-484522203.jpg
    image-484522203.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1937252949.jpg
    image-1937252949.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 134

gabulldawg

Shorter length?

Longer length?

Color or Highlights?

When I bought this wig a few weeks ago I bought it in a lighter color in anticipation for spring/warm weather. I'm SO glad I did. I usually stick with 1 or 1B and I love the change. I think it really complements me. :yep:

I'm very tempted to try an angled bob like Bey but still in a natural color! I'm so bored with long hair right now :/

Once I get tired of this wig or once the ends start getting ratty I plan to cut it into a bob. :yep: But I am very partial to my long hair, so I don't know if I will wear it. :lol:

LivingDoll

FYI...

www.clairhair.com is having up to 70% off lace front wigs. Also new customers can take an additional 5% off their first order.

lux10023

they look great you make me want some...lolol:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

Soooooo, I am currently on hiatus from the dear wig challenge. I really needed a break from my hair...in wigs at least. So I impulsively installed some chunky Senegalese twists last night. I plan to keep them in for about two - four weeks, however long of a break I feel I need. Anywho, pics!! First two pics are the ones that inspired the style. Third one is of my hair.

onesoulsista

the twists look so cute on you. you wear them well.

djkforeal

Hi All :wave: , just checking in and showing you the style I am wearing right now. I have been rocking this same glueless full lace wig since the second week of February '14 and it has been doing pretty good, but I do admit that I gave it a bleach bath within the 1st month and now it seems fine with a lot less tangling. It is a curly/wavy unit but when I first wore it I flat ironed and curled it and wore it like that, but since that was too much work for me cause I was pin curling it every night to keep the curls I just decided to wear it in it's natural state so I can just get up and go in the mornings with no fuss which takes extra time. I also colored it burgundy on the ends which I may have mentioned before but I used a semi permanent color that I got from Sally's. I the pics below I got tired of wearing it down so I just decided to create this style by flat twisting the front on both sides of my part and I put it in a bun which I will be wearing for the next few days until I wash it this weekend then I may flat iron and curl it again for next week.
Still hanging strong in the challenge, but I may need to take a break sometime this year cause I have a SO now who I think wants to see my real hair cause when we met I had my wig on and I have had one on all this year since we have been seeing each other. Anyway's hope everyone is doing well and seeing some good growth retention from this challenge.

Attachments

• flat twist bun IMG_5135.jpg
    flat twist bun IMG_5135.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 99
  • flat twist front full lace wig IMG_1176.jpg
    flat twist front full lace wig IMG_1176.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 117
  • flat twist full lace IMG_7270.jpg
    flat twist full lace IMG_7270.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 107

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!

You did an absolute wonderful job! I would like these in my hair now because my wigs are killing my hair line. What kind of hair did you use & how many packs? :) NGraceO

NGraceO

You did an absolute wonderful job! I would like these in my hair now because my wigs are killing my hair line. What kind of hair did you use & how many packs? :) NGraceO

Thanks so much!!I used 100% kanekalon braiding hair, about five packs (the kind you can get at about 3 for $5 at most BSS).

I split each pack in half, to make the hair stretch and minimize how heavy the braids are.

I, too, was very concerned about my edges going into this so I made sure not to make them small.

Last edited:

CurliDiva

How do you secure the Wigs to your hair?

Hey Country gal,

I usually cut out any combs because they can be damaging with repeated in one spot. I prefer wigs with adjustable straps and just a few bobby pins.

Also, not a fan of tape or glue. If I wig a secure to be really secure I will make a small perimeter braid and sew the wig down.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got a new wig named Bella today by Bobbi Boss. I really like the color. Ill post pics when I get home

Eta pics

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1396563658835.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1396563658835.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

SuchaLady

I bought some hair to make a wig. I better like it because it certainly was not cheap. I just won't look at my bank account :sad: