Anyone still love Nexxus?

ScandalousBeauty

I know that it was huge a few months ago, but I don't see people rave about it too much anymore. Any lovers out there??

I still have my big ole 32 oz. bottles of Humectress and Therappee, as well as a bottle of Emergencee and Keraphix. I still use them, but I can't say I am head over heels like I used to be.

Crystalicequeen123

Oh yeah, definitely! Nexxus and KeraCare are like my staples. I love Nexxus. IT hasn't done me wrong yet. ;) I like KeraCare's hydrating shampoo better than some of the nexxus shampoos only because it makes my hair so slipperly and silky to the touch. THerefore, I tend to use the Keracare shampoo when I'm like 10 weeks post a relaxer. But the KeraCare Humecto (although it smells really nice and does nice things to the hair) just doesn't moisturize like Nexxus Humectress conditioner does.
Nexxus Humectress is awesome! :up:

Plus, I always like the Keraphix and Emergencee. :)

camellia

I love Nexxus!
I use Therrape, Humectress and the Botanical reconstrutor. I use Aloe Rid clarifying shampoo about once a month. I have a bottle of Emergencee but I need to get some plastic shower caps so I can try it.

I want to try Keraphix too.

A

anks

I love Nexxus too! I'm in love with the Keraphix and and the Humectress. I stick with my KeraCare Hydrating Shampoo for when I shampoo my hair. I want to try the Emergencee so that will be my next purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

sithembile

I still love Humectress, Emergencee, Keraphix and Ensure conditioners, I don't care much for Therappe, I prefer Keracare shampoos.

PrettyBrownEyes

The Botanoil Shampoo, Humectress, and Aloe Rid Clarifying Shampoo are my major staples. I've also used and loved Keraphix. I haven't bought anymore Keraphix since I ran out some time ago, but, I definately recommend it.

Healthb4Length

I still use the Emergencee when I notice breakage, sometimes I like to use the acidifying conditioner, it really makes my hair moist and detangles well too!

Crystalicequeen123

I love Nexxus:
-Humectress
-Therapee
-Botanoil Shampoo
-Keraphix
-Emergencee
-Biotin Cream for thin fragile hair
-Headress

NEXT: I have to try the Aloe-Rid Clarifying Shampoo!

Divine Inspiration

I still have a big bottle of Therappe & Humectress that I haven't been able to sell. I've also got Keraphix and the Botanoil. I really love Nexxus b/c when I first started my health hair journey, it whipped my hair back in shape. I was doin Humectress & EVOO & rosemary eo as a deep con every week & my hair thrived. Then I started mixing Humectress/Keraphix/EVOO for lite protein and it made my hair ULTRA soft.
I decided to just finish those bottles and then break up with Nexxus. If their products didn't have parabens & sulfates, I would stay with it forever. Nexxus is GOOD stuff.

zoya_j

I'm still hooked on Humectress & Therappe even though I recently added Biolage Hydrating Shampoo, Masque, Conditioning Balm and Leave-in tonic to my regime. :) I don't like the Botannoil shampoo it leaves my hair feeling stripped.

ChasingBliss

Yep, I use Botanoil Shampoo and Keraphix faithfully. My hair responds so well to them, I dont feel the need to change.

nita4

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Yep, I use Botanoil Shampoo and Keraphix faithfully. My hair responds so well to them, I dont feel the need to change.

Ditto along with Humectress.

phynestone

I use the Therappe, Humectress and Aloe Rid Clarifying shampoo. The aloe rid is crap. Suave is better for my hair.

Crystalicequeen123

Divine Inspiration said:
I still have a big bottle of Therappe & Humectress that I haven't been able to sell. I've also got Keraphix and the Botanoil. I really love Nexxus b/c when I first started my health hair journey, it whipped my hair back in shape. I was doin Humectress & EVOO & rosemary eo as a deep con every week & my hair thrived. Then I started mixing Humectress/Keraphix/EVOO for lite protein and it made my hair ULTRA soft.
I decided to just finish those bottles and then break up with Nexxus. If their products didn't have parabens & sulfates, I would stay with it forever. Nexxus is GOOD stuff.

What are parabens and sulfates, and what effect do they have on hair? Please explain! I want to make sure NExxus isn't harmful in the long run for my hair. :(

Divine Inspiration

Crystalicequeen123 said:
What are parabens and sulfates, and what effect do they have on hair? Please explain! I want to make sure NExxus isn't harmful in the long run for my hair. :(

Methyl and Propyl and Butyl and Ethyl Paraben — Used as inhibitors of microbial growth and to extend shelf life of products. Widely used even though they are known to be toxic. Have caused many allergic reactions and skin rashes. Methyl paraben combines benzoic acid with the methyl group of chemicals. Highly toxic.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate — This synthetic substance is used in shampoos for its detergent and foam-building abilities. It causes eye irritations, skin rashes, hair loss, scalp scurf similar to dandruff, and allergic reactions. It is frequently disguised in pseudo-natural cosmetics with the parenthetic explanation "comes from coconut."

For fairness sake, let me say that many people use products with these ingredients and never have a single problem. However, I think my hair will be better off with the stripping action of sulfate & the potentially harmful parabens. There are a host of other hormonal issues that come along with chemical laden products so I'm using up what I have and not purchasing more.
i'll bump some paraben threads for you so you can read up on it... :)

diamoness

I love Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Detangling Conditioner!!! Nothing detangles my 4a/b natural hair better. I use the Botanoil shampoo too....its pretty good, but nothing spectacular.

CarLiTa

i've only used the Nexxus Headress, but I don't think it's done anything spectacular... the one leave-in that instantly softened up my hair, i think, was the L'anza leave-in but i dont know the specific name. This hairdresser at a salon used it on my hair, and i had mistaken it for Nexxus. My hair is so complicated; i think stuff works for a while, and then my hair starts resisting to it. I need a product that's consistent; i need to figure out if i should buy cheaper products, or more expensive products :ohwell:

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
Humectress is still a staple. I buy the 1 Liter bottles and use it every other day for con washes. I have the Therappe but have not been too impressed with it. However, since I am not a big shampoo-er, I use it anyways. But Humectress is awesome as ever - even my sister, who just joined the boards after lurking for too long, is borrowing mine out of the shower. She is all natural 3C/4A. I am a relaxed 4A.

sbg4evr

Nexxus is all I use for my shampoos and conditioners. I have been in love with Nexxus for over 15 years.