Dark and lovely six week anti reversion cream

levette

I ordered a sample and can't wait to try it... It will be my heat pass for the month...I love freebies! :woot:

HoneyDew

I dont see how this would do anything for my hair that any good serum (with better ingredients" can't do.

Your Cheeziness

My issue is them using a model who is clearly wearing a weave to advertise the product. I was like...really, DNL?

I am a little curious, nonetheless. But, I don't think this product is necessary at all.

HoneyDew

Hmm, all I'm getting is a coupon for $1 off. Whatevs. I'll stick with my Sabino Moisture Block which I don't even use anyway, lol. Best anti-reversion technique I use is winter.

I was just thinking this! lol I cannot wait until fall and winter because im so tired of poodle hair.

BostonMaria

@simplyevanescent

Shouldn't this work for natural hair? The point of this is to put it on your Newgrowth and flat iron so the newgrowth matches the texture of the relaxed hair and won't revert for 6 weeks. If thats the case then I don't see why I wouldn't work on someone whose completely natural.

I can't speak for all natural hair, but in the summer time I can flatiron my hair to death, step outside the front door and .... POOF its a big puffy/frizzy mess in 2 minutes. No cream or miracle is going to prevent it from poofing up LOL :lol:

HoneyDew

I can't speak for all natural hair, but in the summer time I can flatiron my hair to death, step outside the front door and .... POOF its a big puffy/frizzy mess in 2 minutes. No cream or miracle is going to prevent it from poofing up LOL :lol:

I am so glad you said this. I am not alone. One time I had a function to go to and thought I was so cute. Dress, hair, nails, shoes. Got there and looked in the mirror at my poof and was like :ohwell: It was not like that when I left lol

My hair is not natural, but I dont relax it bone straight. Too afraid to.

danysedai

plus it says it prevents reversion... new growth is virgin hair, it is not reverted hair -_-

@ SummerSolstice, Yep, I was confused at that:drunk:. I've had relaxed hair for YEARS and I have never thought that my hair has reverted. Once my hair is processed by the relaxer (which can be underprocessed and look like reversion) the only "naps" coming out is the newgrowth. I can see it working like an anti-humidity cream or a straightening cream, but not a "reversion" cream.

Your Cheeziness

@ SummerSolstice, Yep, I was confused at that:drunk:. I've had relaxed hair for YEARS and I have never thought that my hair has reverted. Once my hair is processed by the relaxer (which can be underprocessed and look like reversion) the only "naps" coming out is the newgrowth. I can see it working like an anti-humidity cream or a straightening cream, but not a "reversion" cream.

Here's what I'm guessing: From what I've heard from two good stylists, relaxers were not meant to relax hair bone straight. They were meant to just "relax the situation" to make it "more manageable". So, if DNL is thinking along these lines, that the target audience are women who are not relaxed bone straight, their slogan makes sense.

danysedai

But even in that sense, it wouldn't be reverting, right? To me, the term "reversion" means to go back to its original state, which cannot happen with relaxers. It's like thinking that you can wash out your relaxer. It confuses women who are not into hair care who will continue to believe their hair can "revert" when it is underprocessed or when, of course, their newgrowth is coming out.

I understand your point of view, as I'm not relaxed bone straight anymore. I used to, but half of my hair is textlaxed, that's why I contend the term "reversion" and say it is not a anti-reversion product, but more like a straightening anti-humidity product.
When I stretch and want to go straight, I use the Mizani Thermasmooth straightening system.

Butrsoft

Has anyone received and tested out their sample? I am very curious to know but want to hear from the ladies that have given it a try. I am very tempted to use it but it says it's formulated for relaxed hair. I am natural but I would love to be able to know for sure that my hair is not going to poof after spending hours deep conditioning, washing, blow drying and flat ironing.

karenjoe

nope not interested......:nono: in texlax, BK's, etc

I have a relaxer,
I add black hair gloss sometimes
and I blowdry
..... that's enough damaging treatments to my hair....
we don't know what this stuff is going to do w the type of relaxer we have.:drunk: I'm sticking w what I know......

I don't experiment w chemicals on my hair anymore.

... I have my horror stories.:lol:

I'll pass.......

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I got mine! Im so excited but i dont know when my lazy self will get around to washing my hair. Whenver i do i will post pics and give a full review

LexiDior

I used it 3 weeks ago and it didnt work for me. I have a review on my youtube which is in my sig.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i havent tried it because i heard a few bad reviews. i dont want to use heat on my hair and it turns out to be a waste!

mochalocks

@mochalocks Can you give us a product review?

Well, I followed the instructions like what's said on the sample package. combed it through my hair while it was wet, blow dried, then flat ironed it..after that I put in some curlers in my hair. Tomorrow I'll take out the curlers.

My new growth is soft, and very manageable so It did leave my hair looking like I got a fresh relaxer. I'll update this forum as the days go by.

mochalocks

Ok, so 3 days after and my new growth is still soft, and manageable.

I'll continue to use this product, but maybe only once a month.