Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

Thanx so much ComplexSimplicity. I had the horsetail on hand already and didn't want to get something else before using it up. After I'm done I'll def check out the bamboo supplements. Based on what I've been reading, i'm gonna add a silica supplement and spirulina/chlorella to my intake. Thanx ladies!

yodie

4 BM's today. That's monumental for me as I deal with constipation. Passed mucus.

Sorry if its TMI.

complexsimplicity

^^^ I want 4 bm's a day! Naw jk but I would like once a day. I've been doing that the past few days though so I think it's finally starting to kick in. It's usually every 2-3 days. I always feel so heavy. I really want to be cleansed. And don't be afraid to share ladies. This is the only place where I can talk openly about stuff like this. Other people wouldn't understand but LHCF always understands. :yep:

luckiestdestiny

Thanx so much ComplexSimplicity. I had the horsetail on hand already and didn't want to get something else before using it up. After I'm done I'll def check out the bamboo supplements. Based on what I've been reading, i'm gonna add a silica supplement and spirulina/chlorella to my intake. Thanx ladies![/QUOT

This is what I plan to do. I was going to take DE even ordered it, but decided to take silica along with my chlorella (possible bamboo). I like the idea of the "effects of de" but I'm already getting some of those (skin, etc) with chlorella. So I think silica will just be good to add extra as it's a required mineral that the body needs. I'll be researching what will be good to take with chlorella, for additional silica.

complexsimplicity

This is what I plan to do. I was going to take DE even ordered it, but decided to take silica along with my chlorella (possible bamboo). I like the idea of the "effects of de" but I'm already getting some of those (skin, etc) with chlorella. So I think silica will just be good to add extra as it's a required mineral that the body needs. I'll be researching what will be good to take with chlorella, for additional silica.

This is what I'm doing. I'm taking bamboo and DE. I just try to take my other supplements about and hr or so after my DE.

yodie

^^^ I want 4 bm's a day! Naw jk but I would like once a day. I've been doing that the past few days though so I think it's finally starting to kick in. It's usually every 2-3 days. I always feel so heavy. I really want to be cleansed. And don't be afraid to share ladies. This is the only place where I can talk openly about stuff like this. Other people wouldn't understand but LHCF always understands. :yep:

Yeah, I would've loved once a day too, but I'm never regular. I ALWAYS have to take something in order to eliminate. I just started taking DE last night. So, this was a pleasant surprise today. I hate that "heavy" feeling. I know I have alot of mucus inside and I want it OUT!!

Last edited:

yodie

I feel you, LD. I had a bottle of Biosil that I messed over. I had decided to take it again, but DE had mor silica and was way more affordable (my 5lb bag cost $4.99). So, I'll try this for a month and see what happens.

frizzy

I ordered a 4 lb. bag today. I'm gonna also add bentonite clay a few days a week for the extra cleansing benefits. I will keep this thread updated with any body changes and progress.

Forever in Bloom

Yeah, I would've loved once a day too, but I'm never regular. I ALWAYS have to take something in order to eliminate. I just started taking DE last night. So, this was a pleasant surprise today. I hate that "heavy" feeling. I know I have alot of mucus inside and I want it OUT!!

Yodie, what does your diet consist of? Do you think you may have IBS since you say you have a lot of mucus? That shouldn't be something you'd have to get used to :nono: I really do hope the DE helps to clear it up though :yep:

equestrian

For those of you who have used other bio-availabe silicon products such as
Natrol BioSil, Eidon silica drops, Alta Silica, horsetail etc. How does DE compare?

Last edited:
This is what I plan to do. I was going to take DE even ordered it, but decided to take silica along with my chlorella (possible bamboo). I like the idea of the "effects of de" but I'm already getting some of those (skin, etc) with chlorella. So I think silica will just be good to add extra as it's a required mineral that the body needs. I'll be researching what will be good to take with chlorella, for additional silica.[/QUOTE]

So happy to have a partner in crime! lol

yodie

My diet is more healthy than it is unhealthy. I noticed that limiting my sugar intake has really cut down on yeast in my body. Docs have never said that I did or didn't have IBS. Fruits and veggies don't move me at all. I need very high amounts of fiber everyday and sometimes that isn't enough.

I usually take either aloe or calcium/magnesium. Its been a constant struggle and I've tried everything. So, I'll gladly take 4 times a day.
Yodie, what does your diet consist of? Do you think you may have IBS since you say you have a lot of mucus? That shouldn't be something you'd have to get used to :nono: I really do hope the DE helps to clear it up though :yep:

Last edited:

sheba1

My diet is more healthy than it is unhealthy. I noticed that limiting my sugar intake has really cut down on yeast in my body. Docs have never said that I did or didn't have IBS. Fruits and veggies don't move me at all. I need very high amounts of fiber everyday and sometimes that isn't enough.

I usually take either aloe or calcium/magnesium. Its been a constant struggle and I've tried everything. So, I'll gladly take 4 times a day.

I'm so happy for you growth buddy. Just think! You may end up one of those people that has 2 to 3 bms every day for the rest of your long and natural life. How cool will that be?!

Hey, does anyone else find that you crave DE after taking it for a few days? I look soooo forward to taking my DE in my water and milk at night :lick:

yodie

Sheba1,

Daily movements would be a dream come true!! Today is only my 2nd day, so I can't say that I crave it. Seems like I wasn't really hungry today (took DE during lunch time). Felt very mellow for the rest of the day. Didn't work out. I need to save DE for bed time. Lol!

I have a lot of rumbling going on in my stomach.

BayAreaDream

I started taking DE on Saturday. So far so good. 1 table spoon in my juice right when I get up, then wait and hour or so before I do my egg shake then I'll grab vitamins to go an take later through out the day. Lots mucus I seem to be coughing up but not worried since that seems to be normal while taking DE. I took pictures on Sunday to keep track of my progress but I'll be getting a sew in in the morning so I'll have to wait a few weeks too see. Good luck DE gals.

catgurl

Just checking in to say you guys have convinced me to try DE. I've ordered some and its on its way.

It was talk of regular movements that finally convinced me. I eat a healthy diet, lots of fiber, fruit, veg (even prunes which I don't particularly like) and I still only have 1 movement every 2-3 days.

AND if it helps with growth too....:thumbsup:

The mucus thing scares me tho....

Has anyone tried anything that reduces it? Or does it go away after time? If so, how long before it goes away?

Blaque*Angel

4 BM's today. That's monumental for me as I deal with constipation. Passed mucus.

Sorry if its TMI.

There's nothing such as T.M.I when it comes to detoxing ;)
I had 3 BM's yesterday and thought I was doing good :lol:

I notice my feet feel extra soft..

Congrats, As I remember in the chlorella thread that you suffer from real bad constipation.

My dad, Mom and auntie are all on D.E now Dad has diabetes and high blood pressure, My mom's B.P is raised and my auntie has arthritis and high B.P.

I will check in when they get their monthly blood tests because I know D.E will help the greatly :yep:

Blaque*Angel

I feel you, LD. I had a bottle of Biosil that I messed over. I had decided to take it again, but DE had mor silica and was way more affordable (my 5lb bag cost $4.99). So, I'll try this for a month and see what happens.

wow, us in England are getting ripped off!! :(

Blaque*Angel

Just checking in to say you guys have convinced me to try DE. I've ordered some and its on its way.

It was talk of regular movements that finally convinced me. I eat a healthy diet, lots of fiber, fruit, veg (even prunes which I don't particularly like) and I still only have 1 movement every 2-3 days.

AND if it helps with growth too....:thumbsup:

The mucus thing scares me tho....

Has anyone tried anything that reduces it? Or does it go away after time? If so, how long before it goes away?

In regards to mucus, It is better out than in. It is a detox sign, So it should take your body about a week to get used to the D.E/Cleansed.

I want to find a cheaper place to buy it from the U.K

sheba1

In regards to mucus, It is better out than in. It is a detox sign, So it should take your body about a week to get used to the D.E/Cleansed.

What are you paying now, Blaque? I'll go on the hunt for a better price with you.

catgurl

I like detoxing! Or at least I used to fast for 2 weeks every Jan....I haven't done it in a while. And now that I breastfeeding that isn't really possible.

I bought DE from here:

http://holisticpetsupplies.co.uk

It was £7.99 for 100g plus shipping. I did a little searching and this looked the best/safe and it specifically mentioned food grade which I felt was important.

My BP has been high and it runs in the family on both sides. My GP is very concerned and I've had to start meds for it :sad:. It would be amazing if DE helped with this too! Problem is my GP is anti anything alternative medicine, so I can't tell her I'm taking it.....I'll just have to say that I made "lifestyle changes". :look:

complexsimplicity

I like detoxing! Or at least I used to fast for 2 weeks every Jan....I haven't done it in a while. And now that I breastfeeding that isn't really possible.

I bought DE from here:

It was £7.99 for 100g plus shipping. I did a little searching and this looked the best/safe and it specifically mentioned food grade which I felt was important.

My BP has been high and it runs in the family on both sides. My GP is very concerned and I've had to start meds for it :sad:. It would be amazing if DE helped with this too! Problem is my GP is anti anything alternative medicine, so I can't tell her I'm taking it.....I'll just have to say that I made "lifestyle changes". :look:

Lots of GP/doctors are bc it'll be taking money out of their pockets. If more people were hip to DE, the whole healthcare system would freak. Smthg so cheap and effective will hurt their pockets bc we won't be buying their expensive medicines anymore.

Blaque*Angel

I bought DE from here:

Thank you so much for the link, That price is more pocket-friendly!!
I was buying from www.naturalrussia.com the VAT is outrageous..

I understand you in regards to your G.P mine is exactly the same.

My BP was high in my last pregnancy *(2008)* But has gone back to normal since I begn taking superfoods.

I read D.E is very beneficial to take whilst pregnant, Do research and keep us updated.

Auburn

Maybe this will help someone but instead of plopping the DE in my cup & stirring (making the DE rise up in the air), I put DE in and let it sink to the bottom THEN stir.