ANyone use PCJ Lye Relaxer, the Salon Formula?

Ijust bought this relaxer to try out myself and I know the stylist has used it on me from time to time. The thing is as I am reading the jar it refers to some type of pressing comb in jar no. 1. I know when you buy the no lye version there is some sort of activator you need to pour in, is it the same for the salon formulka?

alibi

hair bored
No, the salon formula is ready to go, just like any other salon formula. Lye relaxers are already premixed, so all you have to do is base (if you base), apply, and so on. The name "PCJ" itself stands for "Pressing Comb in Jar," but they're not saying you actually need a pressing comb or anything else to activate the relaxer. It's just the name of their product.

Karonica

I've seen my hairdresser use it on a client before. That lady had short thin hair, so maybe that's why she was using it. And generally, salon formulas are already good to go.

cutebajangirl

And you are not taking about the name of the product Pressing comb in a jar, because they have a lye relaxer a no lye and a texturizer called pressing comb in a jar.

alibi

hair bored
Just to be sure we're all on the same page, the brand name is "PCJ" which stands for Pressing Comb in a Jar. The have many products that they put out under the name "PCJ," like Revlon, Motions, Dudley's, Dark and Lovely, etc.

CICI24

I just gave myself a touchup with PCJ and it turned out well! This is my new relaxer. I did burn a little though I never burned with the Optimum relaxer. I'm not underprocessed anymore and my hair is soft straight and shiney. Oh yeah they don't give you enough conditioner in those little packets. I applied the relaxer by doing my right side first and 1 hour later I applied to the left side I had more smoothing time doing it this way.