The End of Men?

momi

What does it mean for large sectors of our society to become virtual matriarchies? How do we prepare the church to deal with such a world while maintaining biblical models of manhood and womanhood?

The elites are awakening to the fact that these vast changes point to a very different future. Christians had better know that matters far more important than economics are at stake. These trends represent nothing less than a collapse of male responsibility, leadership, and expectations. The real issue here is not the end of men, but the disappearance of manhood.

http://www.girlsgonewise.com/the-end-of-men/

JaneBond007

I think it's got to be reinstilled into the culture to where it's not solely a religious value, but a secular one as well. Marriage and kids are spat upon by many today. The attacks you get are unreal and I comprehend that so many women don't want the discomfort of struggling with your spouse nor boss to find some niche where you feel valued. But that's human dynamics no matter which niche you fall into. People are just plain mean towards women with children (who are married). They laugh at folks like the Duggars and the Bates and anybody else with big families and old-fashioned values. How to instill the love of family in the AA culture? And not a "modern" family structure but the original? How to bring the men back into the church? Moral values (no sex before marriage) are one way. But people just plain ignore that there's even a G-d these days and don't realize that His values are for our happiness. People mess up things, not G-d. momi a very important thread...

Galadriel

Well said, JB!

I think the answer does lie in a cultural and social strengthening of both men and women, and the basis should be intact, strong families.

momi

I think it's got to be reinstilled into the culture to where it's not solely a religious value, but a secular one as well. Marriage and kids are spat upon by many today. The attacks you get are unreal and I comprehend that so many women don't want the discomfort of struggling with your spouse nor boss to find some niche where you feel valued. But that's human dynamics no matter which niche you fall into. People are just plain mean towards women with children (who are married). They laugh at folks like the Duggars and the Bates and anybody else with big families and old-fashioned values. How to instill the love of family in the AA culture? And not a "modern" family structure but the original? How to bring the men back into the church? Moral values (no sex before marriage) are one way. But people just plain ignore that there's even a G-d these days and don't realize that His values are for our happiness. People mess up things, not G-d. momi a very important thread...

You've raised some excellent points here...