Morehouse College Will Induct Bishop Allen

Iwanthealthyhair67

Morehouse College Will Induct Bishop Oliver Clyde Allen The First Openly Gay Minister Into The Prestigious Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Board Of Preachers

Posted on March 25, 2014

Follow me on Twitter @ WilliamGMcCray to keep up on the latest!

Iwanthealthyhair67

The man to the left is supposed to be Oliver Clyde Allen’s “husband.”

EDITOR’S NOTE: Where are leading black pastors, honorary inductees, and leading black churches protesting the induction of an openly homosexual man into the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Board of Preachers at Morehouse University? There are many godly black ministers who have been married to female wives for 20, 30, and 40 years, who have been faithful to the Gospel call, and who have lived the principles of Jesus Christ and his servant, Martin Luther King Jr., who deserve this honor. Leading black pastors, honorary inductees who are still living, and leading black churches ought to protest this abominable decision.

BCNN1 is calling upon all black Christian pastors, ministers, churches, and all straight Morehouse men of the past and present to do everything in their power to not let the powers that be who have made this ungodly decision to defile Martin Luther King Jr.’s good name and the Martin Luther King Jr. Chapel at Morehouse College by stopping this abominable charade. We assure you that if this is not stopped it is going to diminish the honor of being named to the Board of Preachers to nothing. And if we know true black Christian preachers, many are going to ask to have their names taken off the list. By actions like this, the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., the Martin Luther King Jr. Chapel, and the civil rights movement are being destroyed piece by piece. Rise up, true black men of God, and stop this foolishness today! There are at least four men on the list below who have the clout to end this foolishness with just a phone call or an email.

Morehouse College will induct the first openly gay minister in the college’s prestigious Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Board of Preachers. On April 3rd, Bishop Oliver Clyde Allen, who studied at Morehouse, will be inducted by Dean Lawrence Edward Carter into this hall of great preachers. Carter is the Dean of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. International Chapel that sits on the campus of Morehouse College, and it is the only spiritual building named in honor of the greatest graduate of this institution.

Morehouse College started in basement of Springfield Missionary Baptist Church in Augusta, Georgia as a school for Baptist preachers. Some of the greatest preachers in this nation are Morehouse College graduates. It is very fitting for the college to have named this great board after one of its greatest apostates of the gospel: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. These great preachers must demonstrate the philosophy of the civil rights leader’s life work for peace, justice, and nonviolence.

Last edited:

momi

I don't trust myself enough to respond appropriately.

momi was here...........

mensa

I'm at a loss for words, but my soul feels very sick.

LORD GOD, help us!

The LORD must be coming back soon cause satan has lost his mind! :nono::nono:

momi

"Where are leading black pastors, honorary inductees, and leading black churches protesting the induction of an openly homosexual man into the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Board of Preachers at Morehouse University? There are many godly black ministers who have been married to female wives for 20, 30, and 40 years, who have been faithful to the Gospel call, and who have lived the principles of Jesus Christ and his servant, Martin Luther King Jr., who deserve this honor. Leading black pastors, honorary inductees who are still living, and leading black churches ought to protest this abominable decision."

http://www.gcmwatch.com/10942/bccn

Divine.

I always wondered about this...how you can you know scripture in and out but ignore the part that blatantly contradicts your lifestyle? Not just in this situation but in real life. People do it everyday and I don't understand it. Where's the conviction?

Farida

I always wondered about this...how you can you know scripture in and out but ignore the part that blatantly contradicts your lifestyle? Not just in this situation but in real life. People do it everyday and I don't understand it. Where's the conviction?

Not just with living a gay lifestyle (because you can be gay and celibate and that's ok), but premarital sex, adultery, abortion...you name it. Something has to give...either your faith or your choices. It is even one thing for congregants because less is expected of them, but for the church leadership?

I would be very curious to see what he and his church have to say about it. Do they not believe in that part of the scripture and if so, how do they choose what they do and do not believe?

momi

You would be surprised how they have managed to twist/ignore what is clearly written in scripture.

1. They claim that Sodom & Gomorrah was destroyed because they lacked hospitality and not because of the abominable sin.

2. Love to point out that Jesus never addressed it so it can't be that important...

3. Some claim the sin of homosexuality is not mentioned in the NT only the OT and since we don't follow the majority of the OT Mosaic law then we can't single out homosexuality as a sin but continue to eat pork etc...

4. For the few that manage to make their way to the NT passages that speak of it as an abomination they've come up for a response for these scriptures as well. "Paul was speaking specifically about male prostitutes and not those in a loving and committed relationship" - or thy just choose to disqualify the Pauline writings altogether.

Romans 1:21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

loolalooh

You took the words right out of my mouth.

JaneBond007

EDITOR’S NOTE: ...

BCNN1 is calling upon all black Christian pastors, ministers, churches, and all straight Morehouse men of the past and present to do everything in their power to not let the powers that be who have made this ungodly decision to defile Martin Luther King Jr.’s good name and the Martin Luther King Jr. Chapel at Morehouse College by stopping this abominable charade.

Didn't rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. commit adultery against his family? Defile his good name with another openly unrepented sexual sin? I hope they don't go into hysterics over it and simply refer to scripture (no persecution). But at the same time, does Morehouse have a policy prohibiting openly gay expressions and relationships for their students, other staff and professors on and off campus?

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Didn't rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. commit adultery against his family? Defile his good name with another openly unrepented sexual sin? I hope they don't go into hysterics over it and simply refer to scripture (no persecution). But at the same time, does Morehouse have a policy prohibiting openly gay expressions and relationships for their students, other staff and professors on and off campus?

Martin's adultery wasn't validated and celebrated nor declared as right.

However, this gay man is being validated and of all things he's being called into clergy as a man of God, when truthfully he is not.

mensa

^^^Hallelujah, Let The Church Say Amen.

There are gay pride parades, but no such thing as:

proud adulterer parade,
happy hookers parade,
child molesters parade,
low-down dirty thieves parade,
proud fornicators parade,

Um, I think you get my point.

They are the only ones that have "come out" and flaunted and pranced around being so proud of their sinful lifestyles. What makes it worse is that if you don't accept how they live and give them a seal of approval, they label you as homophobic and try to FORCE YOU TO ACCEPT THEIR WAY OF LIFE! Even if it means bringing a lawsuit against you!

What other alternative lifestyles do that?

Last edited:

Divine.

Not just with living a gay lifestyle (because you can be gay and celibate and that's ok), but premarital sex, adultery, abortion...you name it. Something has to give...either your faith or your choices. It is even one thing for congregants because less is expected of them, but for the church leadership?

I would be very curious to see what he and his church have to say about it. Do they not believe in that part of the scripture and if so, how do they choose what they do and do not believe?

To the bolded: This is exactly what I mean. People tend to glaze over very prominent scriptures that challenge their current lifestyle.

momi

Martin's adultery wasn't validated and celebrated nor declared as right. However, this gay man is being validated and of all things he's being called into clergy as a man of God, when truthfully he is not.

Thank you.

JaneBond007

Martin's adultery wasn't validated and celebrated nor declared as right.

However, this gay man is being validated and of all things he's being called into clergy as a man of God, when truthfully he is not.

It looks like imbalanced persecution if they don't have a general policy against any homosexual activity for its staff and students from a biblical point of view. Wondering if they do. I rather hate to say it but we christians think that gays don't have eyes.

ETA: Cuz I know this is not quite understood as I see it...I'm not saying any improprieties he had (and I do believe he had them, as well as many others) cancel out his honor as a civil rights leader. They don't. However, when this type of process occurs when someone is trying to point the finger, I often wonder if all the "t's" are crossed and "i's" dotted. If they don't have any of the above in their moral and behavioral code, they don't stand a chance to fight it, not in this day and age. There are schools that do not allow such behavior but they have a christian mission. I'm not sure Morehouse does...founded by reverends, but operating as a private, secular institution? I'm only questioning. There is no "agenda" here.

Last edited:

Farida

It looks like imbalanced persecution if they don't have a general policy against any homosexual activity for its staff and students from a biblical point of view. Wondering if they do. I rather hate to say it but we christians think that gays don't have eyes. ETA: Cuz I know this is not quite understood as I see it...I'm not saying any improprieties he had (and I do believe he had them, as well as many others) cancel out his honor as a civil rights leader. They don't. However, when this type of process occurs when someone is trying to point the finger, I often wonder if all the "t's" are crossed and "i's" dotted. If they don't have any of the above in their moral and behavioral code, they don't stand a chance to fight it, not in this day and age. There are schools that do not allow such behavior but they have a christian mission. I'm not sure Morehouse does...founded by reverends, but operating as a private, secular institution? I'm only questioning. There is no "agenda" here.
But even if a school is secular, the church itself is not. Preachers are supposed to be religious workers; they are not professors or administrators so I don't see how you can separate the gay marriage from the position. I am of the stance that the bible does not bar polygamy, but even then the NT is clear that the priests should have only 1 wife. More is expected of them.

Last edited:

felic1

I do not have a son to send to Morehouse. With this action, I would not be sending my child to their school. Where are the standards? I had left this thread and gone to another page. I had to come back to this one.

JaneBond007

But even if a school is secular, the church itself is not. Preachers are supposed to be religious workers; they are not professors or administrators so I don't see how you can separate the gay marriage from the position. I am of the stance that the bible does not bar polygamy, but even then the NT is clear that the priests should have only 1 wife. More is expected of them.

I'm looking at it pragmatically and wondering if they are going to have lawsuits now.

JessieLeleB

3. Some claim the sin of homosexuality is not mentioned in the NT only the OT and since we don't follow the majority of the OT Mosaic law then we can't single out homosexuality as a sin but continue to eat pork etc...

Why do us Christians always forget about the OT, Jesus wanted people to get back to the OT bc they had strayed!

I have nothing against gay people but I don't agree to celebrate them JUST BECAUSE they are gay! They singled him out bc he was gay not bc he was a great pastor! And a great pastor doesn't cherry pick what he chooses to believe in the bible you either believe in it entirely or not at all. He can't say oh skip over that which says "...."