My 6 Day Old Wash n' Go/Diffuse - (Pics)

so1913

I know how much you gals need to see pictures, so I wanted to show you the results after going what will be a entire week tomorrow of my hair without having to re-wet, rinse, or do over. I used to think it would never be possible, but I have mastered getting an entire week out of my wash n' go (or wash n' diffuse). My wash day routine is simple now, I use minimal products and have been able to completely simplified everything without neglecting my hair. During the week all I do in the morning is spritz with a moisture mist, maybe fluff in some coconut oil if needed, shake and go! This has been my routine for the past 4-5 months now and my hair has been on the up and up.

The past two weeks I've timed my wash day routine. It takes between 1hr and 20 to 1hr and 30 mins from wash to diffusing dry. I sleep at night with a loc soc either up in a pineapple or just pulled back over my hair. It takes me a minute MAYBE 2 to refresh my hair in the morning.

I have one more day to get out of this WNG(D) to complete an entire week and then it's wash day on Sunday.

As I mentioned in other threads I've narrowed down my product usage to the following:

Mahabhringaraj Oil (overnight deep conditioning oil treatment)

Handmade Shampoo Bars (various vendors)

KCKT (periodically for detangling, but have been successful skipping using the Obia moisture cream for this step)

Obia Natural Hair Care:
-Curl Moisture Creme (leave in/detangler)
-Curl Enhancing Custard (styler)
-Moisture Mist (daily refresher)

Coconut Oil (occasionally for maintenance)

It took me until I start going grey to get to this simple routine lol, but I made it :)

ETA: Day 7 pics before applying overnight oil treatment in prep for wash day

ETA: Wash Day - Day 1 - Sorry for the low quality :( Hopefully it gives a good idea of what my hair looks like at the begining of the week after washing and diffusing

Last edited:

TeeBee

Fa-bu-lous!!! Wow your hair looks so bouncy, healthy, full n thick, and just about every other adjective that conveys total awesomeness!!

Joigirl

Love your wash n go! I particularly like the fact that your WNG lasts so long. I am still dunking my hair under the shower spray to refresh my curls. I will have to try a loc soc when my hair grows out. Do you stretch your hair as you diffuse?

bebezazueta

I love it! I'm transitioning and I saw Obia has a 40% BF sale. Hmmm you convinced me to try it.

Thanks for the inspiration. Your hair is EVERYTHING!

Cocolocs

Wow...your hair looks fabulous...great job! Your are motivation for me to try doing a wash and go again using Obia products...I have heard really good things about the Obia product line...But I really hate those single strands knots! Have you gotten many with your new routine...Just curious??

so1913

Wow...your hair looks fabulous...great job! Your are motivation for me to try doing a wash and go again using Obia products...I have heard really good things about the Obia product line...But I really hate those single strands knots! Have you gotten many with your new routine...Just curious??

I've always gotten single strand knots, they are inevitable for me, but I keep my hair conditioned/protected (daily spritzing and coconut oil to seal) and get my hair trimmed regularly to keep them under control. The ones I do get don't cause me too much of a headache (i.e. breakage), if I'm close to my hair scissors I'll clip them when I see them lol. I do know when my hair starts getting tanglely at the ends its time for trim to prevent it from progressing to a stage where I would start to experience breakage. That's usually starts around the 6 month mark. I get my hair trimmed 2-3 times a year.

so1913

Love your wash n go! I particularly like the fact that your WNG lasts so long. I am still dunking my hair under the shower spray to refresh my curls. I will have to try a loc soc when my hair grows out. Do you stretch your hair as you diffuse?

I had given up on WNG because I just no longer had the time or patience working full time and studying for the CPA exam...my WNG would only last 2 MAYBE 3 days with other products before it started looking too rough to go on lol. My schedule didn't allow me to spend the time on my hair so I resorted to bunning all the time which started to effect my edges. I saw someone on YouTube with similar texture as me review the custard and I gave it a try. Its been easy breezy wash day once a week for me ever since.

I don't need to stretch my curls as much with this product because its doesn't shrink as much, plus my hair is getting longer. But depending on what look I want I will grab the dryer, give my hair a quick shot and stretch at any point during the week if I want a fuller fluffier look. I did not do so this week in these pics, the stretched length I this was maintained by sleeping with my new loc soc at night, its a little tighter than my old one.

jlatr

I know how much you gals need to see pictures, so I wanted to show you the results after going what will be a entire week tomorrow of my hair without having to re-wet, rinse, or do over. I used to think it would never be possible, but I have mastered getting an entire week out of my wash n' go (or wash n' diffuse). My wash day routine is simple now, I use minimal products and have been able to completely simplified everything without neglecting my hair. During the week all I do in the morning is spritz with a moisture mist, maybe fluff in some coconut oil if needed, shake and go! This has been my routine for the past 4-5 months now and my hair has been on the up and up. The past two weeks I've timed my wash day routine. It takes between 1hr and 20 to 1hr and 30 mins from wash to diffusing dry. I sleep at night with a loc soc either up in a pineapple or just pulled back over my hair. It takes me a minute MAYBE 2 to refresh my hair in the morning. I have one more day to get out of this WNG(D) to complete an entire week and then it's wash day on Sunday. As I mentioned in other threads I've narrowed down my product usage to the following: Mahabhringaraj Oil (overnight deep conditioning oil treatment) Handmade Shampoo Bars (various vendors) KCKT (periodically for detangling, but have been successful skipping using the Obia moisture cream for this step) Obia Natural Hair Care: -Curl Moisture Creme (leave in/detangler) -Curl Enhancing Custard (styler) -Moisture Mist (daily refresher) Coconut Oil (occasionally for maintenance) It took me until I start going grey to get to this simple routine lol, but I made it :)

I love your hair! It is my ultimate goal to have a wash and go like yours.

Do you detangle with a comb? At what point in your routine? Does the comb/brush help or hurt the shape of your curls ? TIA

ckisland

Your hair is absolutely fabulous :gorgeous: It has a wonderful shape and lays so well!!

I love my wash n'gos, but I wish it all of my hair would fall in line and act like it belongs to the same head :lol:. Different curl patterns means one part of my hair grows more down, while the rest grows out. Lord, I look like this :hair: a lot of the time :lachen:.

so1913

Thanks everyone! I've definitely learned that it is possible to grow out and maintain healthy hair with only a few simple steps. I've cut a TON of time out of handling my hair.

so1913

So here's day 7, the last day of my WNG before I apply my overnight oiling treatment to prep for wash day today. It's still holding up. I may have been able to squeeze an extra day or so out of it, but even though it "looks" ok, after all the daily spritzing and coconut oil....this baby needs a cleaning!

6 months ago I couldn't achieve these results!

Last edited:

so1913

How did this week's wash n go turn out? Any new pics?

I couldn't get any clearer pics with my phone on Sunday :( But this gives you an idea of Day 1 hair.

Followed the usual routine, I tried a new CV poo bar (Babassu Marsh Mello) , but didn't like it :( My hair didn't feel as soft after rinsing as it does with the other poo bars I've used, so I won't be using it again.

I'm not so much a fan of day 1 or 2 hair as I am day 3 and beyond...that is when it starts to get fun :)

Last edited: