Calling All Pibbs/LCL Dryer Users! Question

Nazaneen

I roller set my hair yesterday after a long period of wearing my hair curly then some periods of flat ironing to straighten.
Surprisingly I had a nice, neat, tight set, one of the best and easiest I had done in my almost two years of setting but that was ALLLL ruined by the fact that my dryer failed to dry my hair :mad:. Normally I would put a thick textbook under the dryer to raise it so that it would dry the back more efficiently but I had no choice but to use a smaller book yesterday and it simply did not work even after a full hour under there.

I'm really pissed off about it and I've been meaning to buy the LCL copy of the Pibbs dryer... I just wanted to ask beforehand if this kind of dryer will get the back of my head dry. Any issues with the back or lower parts of the hair? That is a main issue with my current tabletop dryer. It misses the back and the lower sides :(.
I just don't want to have to send such a huge item back if it doesn't work lol. I use mostly 2 inch rollers...

Blairx0

My lcl dryer dries my hold heqd of rollers fine. I throw towel over the back of mine to keep the heat in

Holla

I roller set my hair yesterday after a long period of wearing my hair curly then some periods of flat ironing to straighten.
Surprisingly I had a nice, neat, tight set, one of the best and easiest I had done in my almost two years of setting but that was ALLLL ruined by the fact that my dryer failed to dry my hair :mad:. Normally I would put a thick textbook under the dryer to raise it so that it would dry the back more efficiently but I had no choice but to use a smaller book yesterday and it simply did not work even after a full hour under there.

I'm really pissed off about it and I've been meaning to buy the LCL copy of the Pibbs dryer... I just wanted to ask beforehand if this kind of dryer will get the back of my head dry. Any issues with the back or lower parts of the hair? That is a main issue with my current tabletop dryer. It misses the back and the lower sides :(.
I just don't want to have to send such a huge item back if it doesn't work lol. I use mostly 2 inch rollers...

Before I got my Pibbs (which I love! and it dries my hair very well), I used to have one of those table top dryers. I used to put it on an ironing board so as to be able to adjust it to the height I wanted :lol: I hated it. It never used to dry my hair evenly either. I am very HAPPY with my Pibbs. :yep:

tomnikids3

I have a Pibbs and it drys my entire head in 1 hour front to back, my hair is passed bra strap length and relatively thick. My Pibbs does the job.

Healthb4Length

I have PIBB 514 and when I used to rollerset it would dry my evenly. It made a world of difference from those golden hot/hot tools dryers that you had to prop up and practically become a contortionist to get your hair dry. It was worth the investment for me.

AgeinATL

I have a Pibbs as well and it dries every section of my hair evenly. No issues whatsoever with wet spots. My hair is thick (transitioning/texlaxed) and MBL and it can completely dry my hair in about 1.5 hours (less time if I turn up the heat). It is worth every penny I spent on it and if mine ever breaks, I would invest in a new one. I have had mine for over 3 years.

Nazaneen

I don't even want to set my hair again till I get a new dryer :lol:. I am so through with my tabletop dryer after that experience.
The LCL copy of the Pibbs is out of stock temporarily and I noticed a couple of poor reviews on it which turned me off. One user who made a YT vid about said it stopped blowing warm air after 9 months... The Pibbs is more than $100 more but I'd rather spend $280 for something that lasts than $127 for something that doesn't work for long.

tomnikids3

Definetely get a Pibbs, its worth it, i paid like $289 over 3 yrs ago and its still running strong. I used to go through the table top dryers every year they always broke in the neck part then i would be duct taping it to hold it but of course the heat melted the tape.

I love my Pibbs and my hair being mid way down my back and thick it literally takes 1 hour to dry my hair fully.

Honi

There is no board.
Co-signing in the pubs. Had mine for many years. All the hair gets dry. No damp pieces.

outspokenwallflower

I've had the LCL since 2009, so 4 years now. And I have moved with it, so it's been banged up. But it still works PERFECTLY, hasn't stopped blowing hot air, etc. I'd say save your money, but, at the end of the day it's YOUR money and I can only speak on behalf of one of the two listed here.

Nazaneen

Ordered my LCL yesterday:D!! I'll update in here. I'm not even going to set my hair again till I get it. I'll be curly till I use it.

Melaninme

Bumping.

I know that this thread is an old one, but I'm in need of a new hood dryer and trying to decide between the two. Any more reviews?

Avyn

Im looking at getting one of these, too. I dont know which. Do either of them have a cold setting? I need it.

Blairx0

My lcl dryer has three heat settings. I have never used it on the lowest setting, number 1. I doubt it is cold however because 2 is still pretty warm

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I just have an LCL that had a temperature setting. It goes to 75 but I'm guessing that's Celsius because it get hot under there.

tomnikids3

The Pibbs will dry the back front sides everywhere in one shot. My hair is passed bra strap i keep the temp mid way cant take it on full blast, cause its too hot for me. But im bone dry in 1hr and 10 minutes tops. I have the large blue mesh rollers from Paris that were being sold on this site like 2 yrs ago. The Pibbs was the best investment i made. Think i paid like $259.00, its not the top of the line model.

Last edited:

AgeinATL

The Pibbs will be the back front sides everywhere in one shot. My hair is passed bra strap i keep the temp mid way cant take it on full blast, cause its too hot for me. But im bone dry in 1hr and 10 minutes tops. I have the large blue mesh rollers from Paris that were being sold on this site like 2 yrs ago. The Pibbs was the best investment i made. Think i paid like $259.00, its not the top of the line model.

I totally agree. I bought mine 3 years ago. The time it shaves off drying time is well worth the money. Would buy it again if something were to ever happen to my current one.

hot_pepper96

I've had my Pibbs since 2005 Christmas. It is wonderful for drying my hair evenly even while wearing huge purple rollers.