APL 2012 Challenge

SavannahNatural

Fyne said:
bibs Your hair looks very healthy :yep:

@blcbuty@ I like your bun - how do you do your buns?

Nothing fancy! I use the silicon ponytail holders they make now. I fan my pony out like I'm going to use a donut but instead tuck my ends in and bobby pin in place. Being military I'm used to them being a little tighter but I used maybe three bobby pins and it held for two days straight plus a workout!

SavannahNatural

NikkiQ said:
I like these shades of red

Me too! I wanted to try red, but was afraid to dye my hair. I haven't since the BC and just wasn't sure it would look okay. I guess I could try a Demi and see what happens!

SavannahNatural

shortdub78 said:
do ya'll ever lurk in the shoulder length challenge? i barely go in the BSL challenge thread. i feel like an outsider sometimes, but i know i will get there this year! i am just rambling and talking crazy right now! :lol:

I've gone in to wish the challengers luck, but not much more than that. I want to be good and long into APL before I peek into the BSL threads!

faithVA

[USER=202140 said:
Poutchi[/USER];15398771]Oh wow NikkiQ... U re sure if you re hair is stretched it won't reach APL? You have a beautiful puff
I am getting serious on my vitamins... I can t find biotin in drugstores... Is it normal? does it have to come from online?

If you have a grocery store that has a pharmacy check there or Target or Walmart. I bought biotin from my local Kroger's.

kupenda

I'm trying sooooo hard to not cut my hair. But the damage is increasing. So I'm getting a trim this week for my bday. I hope the damage isn't as bad as I think it is

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NikkiQ

getting the hair dyed this evening. I decided that I'm gonna have my friend blow it out for me (on a low setting) and I'm gonna put in some chunky twists for a twist out this weekend. I gotta show off the red in all it's glory.

faithVA

I'm trying sooooo hard to not cut my hair. But the damage is increasing. So I'm getting a trim this week for my bday. I hope the damage isn't as bad as I think it is

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I hope it isn't either and that the trim will help. :yep:

miss stress

So does anyone use those plastic ponytail holders? If so do they bond and stick to your hair cause I used em' on dd and thats wht happend and Im not sure how to get them out

SavannahNatural

miss stress said:
So does anyone use those plastic ponytail holders? If so do they bond and stick to your hair cause I used em' on dd and thats wht happend and Im not sure how to get them out

Plastic? Can you share a picture?

longhairdreaming

I took out my yarn braids, did my henna treatment and dc...my hair feels so strong. I tried the tension method for blow drying my hair and I'm sold on it :yep:. Anyway here's my results of my low heat flat iron.

Seamonster-thanks for letting me know :blush:. I edited the pic. Hope it works now

Attachments

• phpThjLnwPM.jpg
    phpThjLnwPM.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

faithVA

Plastic? Can you share a picture?

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how plastic would bond to the hair unless it was exposed to excessive heat and it melted.

Otherwise it seems like coating it with oil may help to remove it. If you can see parts of it, then maybe you can cut small sections of it and start pulling the small sections out.

Not sure, just guessing at this point.

Seamonster

longhairdreaming I clicked on the picture, and couldn't get a larger one to come up

Wow, I think I might try a red rinse, semi permenent, cinnamen and honey or something for the year end reveal. That would be fun, lol. I am going to look into it. Seems like everyone hennas, but I don't think I am ready for that. Anyone used cinnamon and honey, any other natural means and kept healthy hair? If so how did you do it?

lilyofthenile

Checking in - not very sure if I should redo my yarn braids bit by bit or just leave it until April but that would be three months... I don't think I would want to take the risk but school is so busy for me =/

Did a scalp massage tonight with JBCO Pimento Growth Oil.

LuvlyRain3

finally feeling better so know i can give my hair some tlc. it deserves it for not becoming a hot tangled mess from being in a pony puff for six days.

newnyer

Think I may do a henna treatment this weekend. I loved the reddish tone the other treatments gave me, but want to darken my hair because (1) I plan to wear a weave soon and don't feel like experimenting w/ the weave color to match my leave out. (2) Everybody keeps saying darker colors can give the illusion of thickness- well I need any help I can get!

So I'm thinking of going out to buy cocoa powder and amla oil to put in my henna mix. Maybe that will make it dark enough. I think I'm too lazy to do an indigo treatment after that henna process.

coolsista-paris

shortdub78 : i did look into the shoulder length challenge just to see, maybe how i was for months, stuck at that length)...i do go into the bsl (i should more as i hit apl already BUT.....i stayed stuck for long with slow progress so im having trouble beleiving that my hair can ever reach bsl this year......
although, im doing my best ! :)

NikkiQ: your color is HOT! i used to do auburn all the time when i was relaxed...i loved it. it never damaged my hair (it was those 1 use paquets you buy in stores in london)..."boots" was the store.
where i work its impossible to do anything to your hair so i just stay stuck at my old boring hairstyles....annoying me.let me just stick to ps. and wait to get another job in a few months, i hate that place

lamaria211

So i shold be going ino labor soon and i was worried about my doc making me take my wig off and having to be seen in public in my celies so i went ahead a blow dried my hair for th firt time in almost a year it came out so beautiful (not that straight) but very sof and healthy looking that i treated myself to 120$ worth of KeraStase products they should arrive by wednesday sorry i didnt take pics myself but my sister did as soon as i can get her to send them to me ill post:lick:

SavannahNatural

lamaria211 said:
So i shold be going ino labor soon and i was worried about my doc making me take my wig off and having to be seen in public in my celies so i went ahead a blow dried my hair for th firt time in almost a year it came out so beautiful (not that straight) but very sof and healthy looking that i treated myself to 120$ worth of KeraStase products they should arrive by wednesday sorry i didnt take pics myself but my sister did as soon as i can get her to send them to me ill post:lick:

I love that you are about to give life and you are checking in here with us! Just be sure to cover your pillowcase with a satin one and if you are having a C-Section and they place that nylon/paper cap on you slip a satin bonnet on before they do :lachen:!

Seamonster

I love that you are about to give life and you are checking in here with us! Just be sure to cover your pillowcase with a satin one and if you are having a C-Section and they place that nylon/paper cap on you slip a satin bonnet on before they do :lachen:!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: You will be the prettiest mom in labor.