APL 2012 Challenge

VictoriousBrownFlower

here are a couple of pics of my hair in a wash and go. The first and second set of pics I used the same thing giovanni direct leave in and sealed with avocado butter.

The first set of pics were taken the beg of dec.

The second set march first.
The difference a few months make.

Seamonster

How did you Seamonster take the picture of the hair in front? When I face forward my hair is shorter than when I look to the side. Which is the correct way of showing the front pics? I want to length check this weekend after my touch up.

TIA

I did it by turning my head to the side on damp hair. Can't wait until my hair gets long enough for me to grab from behind

NikkiQ that manic panic in wildfire looks way better than Jazz. Those colors are amazing. Excited to see how it turns out! I love color.

BronxJazzy great wash n go

Last edited:

bibs

Checking in. I had my hair blown out and straightened at the salon last weekend. I said I wouldn't ever again because I got heat damage that way in the spring, but I shared my concerns with the stylist and she took precautions. It's already starting to revert back (Seattle rain, ugh!). Any way she did a great job and evened out the back and framed my face in the front, so I lost a good inch, but it was worth it for me to have healthy ends again. I haven't had a haircut in awhile so I'm really feeling myself, :lol:

Are we supposed to wait until check in day to post our updates?

NikkiQ

bibs said:
Checking in. I had my hair blown out and straightened at the salon last weekend. I said I wouldn't ever again because I got heat damage that way in the spring, but I shared my concerns with the stylist and she took precautions. It's already starting to revert back (Seattle rain, ugh!). Any way she did a great job and evened out the back and framed my face in the front, so I lost a good inch, but it was worth it for me to have healthy ends again. I haven't had a haircut in awhile so I'm really feeling myself, :lol:

Are we supposed to wait until check in day to post our updates?

Wait as long as you want. As long as you have an update on or around the check in dates,we'll be happy. You know we like seeing our sisters and their progress :yep:

On my way to see Mary J and Gavin Degraw with the DH. Here's my puff. Love it!

View attachment 2012-03-01 18.55.27.jpg

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

SavannahNatural

Sharing my bun from the last blow out, I thought it looked so plump :grin:

Sorry, I have no idea why the first two are sideways!

Attachments

• image-3326152413.jpg
    image-3326152413.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image-3423194662.jpg
    image-3423194662.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image-1903631415.jpg
    image-1903631415.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 35

lamaria211

i too was in Sallys this week and i picked up some KeraPro Restorative treatment, KeraPro Restorative Conditioner, and some Hair One Hair Cleanser and Conditioner

livinthevida

I like Jazzy! you don't have to wait with rinse. the color just sits on top. it really doesn't deposit into the hair. only if you lifted or bleached your hair, then the color would absorb into the strands.

my roller set is still holding up, even though it was windy like crazy yesterday. there were several tornados going. since i am really trying to disturb my style, i have been using a leave-in daily moisturizer spray. i just lightly mist my hair and use my oil sheen afterwards. my hair is really soft. i need to make sure i remember what i used after my wash.

after i rinsed out the conditioner and detangled, i applied my liquid leave-in
a creamy leave-in
fantasia ic heat protectant serum
setting lotion

while i was setting my hair, i put several drops of Argan Oil in my spray water bottle to rewet my hair with.

after my set dried, i took the rollers down and sprayed my hair with oil sheen. i put a little pomade on some of the curls to avoid frizz.

this is what my stylist used to do to my hair back several years ago, and my hair was extremely healthy and was growing quite nicely.

i just sleep pretty. i don't wear a bonnet. my curls will get smashed. i would need to find one that you can adjust up top. i am still doing research on my streamer.
LOL shortdub78! to your quote here in bold:

"i just sleep pretty." don't we all wish we could just sleep and not think about the pretty part! Kudos all the ladies who can sleep well and still look pretty while doing it! Me I just roller set and hit the sack I think about perfection of these curls in the morning :spinning:

faithVA

Wait as long as you want. As long as you have an update on or around the check in dates,we'll be happy. You know we like seeing our sisters and their progress :yep:

View attachment 139543

That is a big, juicy puff. :lick:

I'm going to need a puff transplant cuz mine looks anemic. :nono:

livinthevida

i too was in Sallys this week and i picked up some KeraPro Restorative treatment, KeraPro Restorative Conditioner, and some Hair One Hair Cleanser and Conditioner
Congratulations lamaria211 :)

I just read your baby's timeline with 9 days to go - WOW!
"Baby's head is probably covered in an inch or so of hair." Amazing here you are on this healthy hair journey and your baby is starting to grow hair :) Wishing you an easy and fun delivery in just 9 days :drunk:

pookaloo83

@blcbuty@ said:
Sharing my bun from the last blow out, I thought it looked so plump :grin:

Sorry, I have no idea why the first two are sideways!

You're the first person I've seen to take pics with their iPad! Lol cute.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

pookaloo83

NikkiQ said:

Love this color on you. That's already a nice red. Wonder what the manic panics gonna make it turn out to be! Ronald mcdonaldish? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Evolving78

livinthevida
:lachen:
i am a robot anyway! i have mastered sleeping with the pillow propped under my chin or having the side of my face rest on my arm! :lol: i used to rock a pixie cut and wanted to preserve my style since i was 12 years old! :lol:

LOL shortdub78! to your quote here in bold:

"i just sleep pretty." don't we all wish we could just sleep and not think about the pretty part! Kudos all the ladies who can sleep well and still look pretty while doing it! Me I just roller set and hit the sack I think about perfection of these curls in the morning :spinning:

Last edited:

bibs

Here's the cut. I couldn't wait :lol: She got a little scissor happy when I asked her to frame the front, but over all I'm happy. I'm glad I didn't go shorter like I'd originally wanted to. I think I'm going to leave it straight another few days then give myself a good protein treatment followed by a dc and twist it up until my next install at the end of the month.

kristaa.10

shortdub78 said:
i bought my steamer ya'll! i can't wait! it should be here next week. i am going to do my best to wait to wash my hair. i hope it gets here by tuesday on wash day. i am going to try for washing my hair once a week. i got it from ebay. it is a rollout. i hope this helps me through my stretch. i am going to try to stretch until the end of April.

if i stretch that long, i would be able to update at the end of the month unless i set my hair on big rollers and flat iron the roots.

Why are we twins? I just bought my steamer from ebay too :)

NikkiQ

Love this color on you. That's already a nice red. Wonder what the manic panics gonna make it turn out to be! Ronald mcdonaldish? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Ronald McDonald? Geez...idk about that one :lol:. It'll only come out that bright on bleached hair. It won't be that bright on me. It will take my hair really red,but not quite Rihanna red lol. My hair has been orange before so bright red won't scare me too much.

Poutchi

Oh wow NikkiQ... U re sure if you re hair is stretched it won't reach APL? You have a beautiful puff
I am getting serious on my vitamins... I can t find biotin in drugstores... Is it normal? does it have to come from online?

newnyer

Finished my old trusty One-a-Day multi-vits so while @ Target bought a Target "Teen for Her Advanced" multi. The reason I'm taking a "teen" vit: has my other daily vit needs plus 300 mcg of biotin. I needed the extra B12 & Vitamin D, too. I haven't seen the sun in so long I'm sure it's one of the reasons I always feel tired. Still plan on taking the few nioxin pills I have left but let's see if these make a diifference, too.

NikkiQ

Oh wow NikkiQ... U re sure if you re hair is stretched it won't reach APL? You have a beautiful puff
I am getting serious on my vitamins... I can t find biotin in drugstores... Is it normal? does it have to come from online?

Lol thanks!! I'm not quite there yet. According to DH, I'm still 2-3" from APL.

pookaloo83

NikkiQ said:
Ronald McDonald? Geez...idk about that one :lol:. It'll only come out that bright on bleached hair. It won't be that bright on me. It will take my hair really red,but not quite Rihanna red lol. My hair has been orange before so bright red won't scare me too much.

I forgot I wrote that last night! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s

NikkiQ

I like these shades of red

Attachments

• imagesCACXJED8.jpg
    imagesCACXJED8.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 24
  • imagesCAPBJGOW.jpg
    imagesCAPBJGOW.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 21
  • imagesCAX33PX2.jpg
    imagesCAX33PX2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 19
  • imagesCAOK08K7.jpg
    imagesCAOK08K7.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 20

Evolving78

do ya'll ever lurk in the shoulder length challenge? i barely go in the BSL challenge thread. i feel like an outsider sometimes, but i know i will get there this year! i am just rambling and talking crazy right now! :lol:

i need to buy some oils. i pretty much ran out. i am going to get jojoba, avocado, and coconut. i wanna put this in an applicator bottle and use it for my new growth and to oil my scalp. i used to do that too and used those oils for a hot oil treatment before i went to the salon. i would put the put oils in and sit under the dryer at the shop for 15-30mins before my stylist would wash me. i didn't know i was doing a pre-poo at the time. it just sounded like a good thing to do!

NikkiQ

I have lurked in the latest SL challenge to see how the ladies in there are doing. As far as BSL...not so much :lol: I don't feel like I belong anywhere NEAR that challenge yet.