APL 2012 Challenge

Seamonster

I think people are getting a little confused, AVJ is aloe vera juice, and it is a humectant/moisture product. ACV is apple cider vinegar, which has the PH to close the cuticle. Haven't heard about anyone using ACV as a moisturizer.

Boy, I can hardly wait to be APL. Have been excessively length checking, lol. I am getting close to grazing, it would be great to be grazing at the March check in. Excuse the nipple action, but that was my best hair shot.

Last edited:

coolsista-paris

Seamonster said:
I think people are getting a little confused, AVJ is aloe vera juice, and it is a humectant/moisture product. ACV is apple cider vinegar, which has the PH to close the cuticle. Haven't heard about anyone using ACV as a moisturizer.

Boy, I can hardly wait to be APL. Have been excessively length checking, lol. I am getting close to grazing, it would be great to be grazing at the March check in. Excuse the nipple action, but that was my best hair shot.

Seamonster : you are soooo close. Keep up.the good work

NikkiQ

Seamonster said:
NikkiQ your color is beautiful. It looks so healthy. Are you going to add a rinse to make it redder? What color did you use?

Thanks Seamonster! I used a burgundy color by Silk Elements. I wonder what rinse I could use to make it redder. Any suggestions?

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Seamonster

NikkiQ I don't know what rinse would work best, but I hear a lot of talk about Loreal semi permanent color. There must be a lot of good ones, since red fades so fast.

NikkiQ

I'll have to do my research on a good rinse and maybe wait another week before dying it again

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Fyne

I have an urge to color my hair but im sooooo scared of breakage and setback city! I might do a semi permanent on relaxer day, can anyone talk me out of it?!! LOLOL

TheNDofUO Not sure if you tried a mid-step protein treatment while you relaxed, before I tried this my hair didnt feel great after a relaxer: rough, dry, stripped, dull and tangle city.

I got this from the relaxer thread: Relax, rinse throughly, medium protein (Aphogee 2 min), neutralize, rinse and style.

Immediately after the protein treatment my hair felt 'normal' and silky.

Lurkee

How did you Seamonster take the picture of the hair in front? When I face forward my hair is shorter than when I look to the side. Which is the correct way of showing the front pics? I want to length check this weekend after my touch up.

TIA

HauteHippie

Dear Fyne,

I may not be able to talk you out of dying your hair with a semi-permanent color... but I can try.

I did it and my hair fell out. The end.

I kid, I kid. But just kinda. Seriously, though, my hair was the best it'd ever felt. Hairvana. I did a bleach shampoo/conditioner and it still felt good (looked caraaaazy). I dyed it with semi permanent... and it just broke and shed all over the place despite deep conditioning and using reconstructors. Giovanni's hard protein, ORS and aloe tea rinses are probably what saved my hair, but those 2 weeks of shedding and breakage set me back. It wasn't worth it. :-(

jprayze

Ok...last time I posted, I was little frustrated at the lack of growth. So then I decided to take a break from heat and I'm really loving the twistout I did last night! I think I can wear this a while.

Prepooed with CD's Lisa's Hair Elixir, used a dandruff shampoo I need to use up, used the CD's Black Vanilla Leave in, and used a little Wet N Wavy Curl Creme for the twists. (I'm trying to use up all the products I have!)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 29
  • image-632960941.jpg
    image-632960941.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 27

NikkiQ

One of the ladies in my building that does hair suggested Jazzy as a good rinse to you and she said I don't have to wait to dye it. Woohoo!!! I might do it this weekend.

Seamonster

I use to use jazzy as a teenager :lachen:. It works well and doesn't damage your hair. It acts like a light protein, by coating the hair and adding shine. That might really help. Lol, I didn't know that was still around.

Evolving78

One of the ladies in my building that does hair suggested Jazzy as a good rinse to you and she said I don't have to wait to dye it. Woohoo!!! I might do it this weekend.

I like Jazzy! you don't have to wait with rinse. the color just sits on top. it really doesn't deposit into the hair. only if you lifted or bleached your hair, then the color would absorb into the strands.

my roller set is still holding up, even though it was windy like crazy yesterday. there were several tornados going. since i am really trying to disturb my style, i have been using a leave-in daily moisturizer spray. i just lightly mist my hair and use my oil sheen afterwards. my hair is really soft. i need to make sure i remember what i used after my wash.

after i rinsed out the conditioner and detangled, i applied my liquid leave-in
a creamy leave-in
fantasia ic heat protectant serum
setting lotion

while i was setting my hair, i put several drops of Argan Oil in my spray water bottle to rewet my hair with.

after my set dried, i took the rollers down and sprayed my hair with oil sheen. i put a little pomade on some of the curls to avoid frizz.

this is what my stylist used to do to my hair back several years ago, and my hair was extremely healthy and was growing quite nicely.

i just sleep pretty. i don't wear a bonnet. my curls will get smashed. i would need to find one that you can adjust up top. i am still doing research on my streamer.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
All this talk about colouring.....hmmph. I've been itching to put a dark red/burgundy rinse in my hair. Why are ppl suggesting my skin colour is 'too dark' for a red rinse?? :rolleyes:

pookaloo83

bajandoc86 said:
All this talk about colouring.....hmmph. I've been itching to put a dark red/burgundy rinse in my hair. Why are ppl suggesting my skin colour is 'too dark' for a red rinse?? :rolleyes:

They tell a lie!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

NikkiQ

I think people turn their brains off when it come to certain hair opinions with some of the things they say. Now if you were going super bleach blonde, then MAYBE I'd have to tell you to slow your roll and think about it. But red on your skin tone would be AWESOME!

miss stress

I just got my eyebrows waxed and the stupid woman got wax in my hair and straight ripped my hair out of my head along with the hair on my eyebrows. She plugged me yall! Needless to say Im not going back there anytime soon :rolleyes:

Evolving78

i bought my steamer ya'll! i can't wait! it should be here next week. i am going to do my best to wait to wash my hair. i hope it gets here by tuesday on wash day. i am going to try for washing my hair once a week. i got it from ebay. it is a rollout. i hope this helps me through my stretch. i am going to try to stretch until the end of April.

if i stretch that long, i would be able to update at the end of the month unless i set my hair on big rollers and flat iron the roots.

Evolving78

I just got my eyebrows waxed and the stupid woman got wax in my hair and straight ripped my hair out of my head along with the hair on my eyebrows. She plugged me yall! Needless to say Im not going back there anytime soon :rolleyes:

i wish you were close! that's my specialty! i love waxing and grooming eyebrows! i am going to open up a brow bar this year or next. right now i am just focusing on my kids. i am going to learn threading too.

NikkiQ

Soooooo I went to Sally's on my lunch break :look:

I didn't like the shades of red that Jazzing had so....I bought Manic Panic in Wildfire

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
pookaloo83 I think so too.....

NikkiQ chile, you think that's bad. I've had a nurse at work tell me that I shouldn't wear black scrubs....cause I am already so DARK- skinned. Emphasis on the word dark, with an accompanying :nono: