APL 2012 Challenge

NaturalfienD

Checking in ....

I feel like I haven't been on LHCF for months and it has only been two weeks. That's how much I love y'all ::swoon:: :)
Still in my yarn twists and cannot wait to take them out. It has been about five weeks and I have some growth going on. I so miss my hair and I am really thinking about rocking it free for a couple of days ... until it annoys me and then I will wig it up or install new yarn twists. I plan on taking this set out and dusting my ends on 03/11/2012 ... based on the suggestion from the Lunatips.com site. I hope you are all having a great day!!

Evolving78

i am mad my products haven't come yet. i am ready to wash my hair again. i guess i will have to wait until the weekend. since i am running low on conditioner, i am going to try Joico.

kupenda

SO bought me a bundle from Silk Dreams. I used it last night. That Wheat Germ condish is to die for! Me loves it :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

BlkOnyx488

Ok been in Braids for 2 months now. me thinks it's time to go wig shopping :yep:

I think I will get a BSL wig because that is the length I want by my birthday in Dec.

Gotta cast that vision

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Finally took down my box braids after 6 1/2 weeks and inadvertantly gave myself a mini-trim in some areas. I'm currently under a wig until I get a sew-on (which will hopefully be this weekend). I will not do an official length check until after I take out the aforementioned sew-in.

My transition is going smoothly (I think I'm about 4 months and 1 or 2 weeks in). My roots are woofin so it is a MUST that I stay in a protective style. Tah tah for now...

jprayze

So finally checking in, it's been 2 months and I haven't seen any progress at all! Changes ive made -- cut back on heat styling, prepoo with Lisa's hair elixir almost every time I shampoo, about once a month I dc with natural keys aloe Vera n avocado (from DR). I just got a slight trim last wknd because my ends were horrible. Was supposed to be taking biotin but haven't been faithful; just want to move past this point!

Poutchi

Hey Ladies,
I am still going strong on my mini braids... My edges are a concern but other than that I have lots of NG... I took few out in the front and the back to preven further matting and breakage...So i will nurse those areas meanwhile. I am supposed to go for a medical test in a city 5 hours away from here and in that city I found out they have a deva trained stylist... I am wondering if I am not going to get them to give me a nice cut and a good shape to it... will see
How are y all doing?

pookaloo83

Got my hair in the bun today. I'm afraid I may be pulling my edges too tight though. It doesn't feel tight. But I'm just paranoid.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Attachments

• image-3862210712.jpg
    image-3862210712.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1887701438.jpg
    image-1887701438.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Hey! I have a problem -_- I am OBSESSED with split ends...I had one trim since I BC'd and I have been pretty serious about moisturizing my ends and keeping them protected, they don't feel super smooth, but when I ran the flat iron over a tiny piece the other day, my hair looked great from root to tip...

Well I was talking with a friend of mine and we were talking about split ends and I was saying that I didn't ever see them, and she said, "EVERYBODY has split ends" so I've been obsessing over it ever since...I spent an HOUR online trying to find a picture of a split end (on my type of hair) online and then I went over my hair with a mirror, for almost 3 hours looking for split ends.

Do I just not know what I'm looking at? I'm obsessed, I've actually started pulling random strands out of my head to check...this has to stop. So this weekend, I am going to try my very first set of yarn braids so I won't rip all of my hair out of my head.

Evolving78

Hey! I have a problem -_- I am OBSESSED with split ends...I had one trim since I BC'd and I have been pretty serious about moisturizing my ends and keeping them protected, they don't feel super smooth, but when I ran the flat iron over a tiny piece the other day, my hair looked great from root to tip...

Well I was talking with a friend of mine and we were talking about split ends and I was saying that I didn't ever see them, and she said, "EVERYBODY has split ends" so I've been obsessing over it ever since...I spent an HOUR online trying to find a picture of a split end (on my type of hair) online and then I went over my hair with a mirror, for almost 3 hours looking for split ends.

Do I just not know what I'm looking at? I'm obsessed, I've actually started pulling random strands out of my head to check...this has to stop. So this weekend, I am going to try my very first set of yarn braids so I won't rip all of my hair out of my head.

i don't have split ends, but i have thin ends if that makes sense. i can see where the hair is strong, but when it gets to the end, it is not as thick. so that is why i trim every 8 weeks.

Evolving78

oh my products are on their way. guess i gotta pack up the kiddies to get my new conditioner. i won't have time until Saturday to wash. i got kids, homework, and training class late at night. i didn't get to take a nap either. i am going to be so tired. my DD is home from school today and she has been kind of on the difficult side today. i have my 3 month old nephew here with me too. now i am waiting for my hyper 5 year old little boy to get off of the bus....

ok, vent time is over.

now do i need to get the Joico Recovery Balm and the Moisturizing Conditioner?

Saturday, i am going to shampoo, dc (i am getting under the dryer), leave-in setting lotion, roller set, and be on my way.

Last edited:

Lurkee

I hope it is not too late. Please let me join. :wave: This is going to be my first challenge here.

~Current hair length - Shoulder Length
~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Relaxed with Texlaxed roots
~APL goal month - December 2012
~Current Reggie and styling choices - Prepoo, wash, DC & Rollerset
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? - I am changing to be more consistent with my regimen
~Post a beginning picture - Will do that after wash day this weekend.

Last edited:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
i don't have split ends, but i have thin ends if that makes sense. i can see where the hair is strong, but when it gets to the end, it is not as thick. so that is why i trim every 8 weeks.

Thank you, that makes total sense and I just wanted to hear someone else say, "I don't have split ends" I try and treat me ends very well, I don't want to have any split ends, but if I do have them, I want to cut, ya know?

Okay, I'm done being an obsessive weirdo :look:

Evolving78

itsjusthair88

now if we get Nonie in here, she will tell us that the hair is considered to be a split end. and she wouldn't be wrong either. see i think when we think of split ends, we think of a strand being split in two at the very end. we may not have those things going on in our hair, but thin ends is still considered "damaged." the ends are just withered, or beaten down. they need to be cut as well. nothing to be obsessed over, just make sure you moisturize and trim your hair. don't go too long without a trim. those thin ends will lead to broken ends.

Thank you, that makes total sense and I just wanted to hear someone else say, "I don't have split ends" I try and treat me ends very well, I don't want to have any split ends, but if I do have them, I want to cut, ya know?

Okay, I'm done being an obsessive weirdo :look:

Evolving78

just keeping this on the front page! :lol: i got my Joico products! they had a gift set so i got the Moisture Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner, plus the Balm. MR Balm feels and smells good (serious slip)! i rubbed a tiny amount on the back of my hand. i can't wait to try everything out and get back on my roller setting reggie.

coolsista-paris

shortdub78 said:
just keeping this on the front page! :lol: i got my Joico products! they had a gift set so i got the Moisture Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner, plus the Balm. MR Balm feels and smells good (serious slip)! i rubbed a tiny amount on the back of my hand. i can't wait to try everything out and get back on my roller setting reggie.

shortdub78 sounds exciting to try all that out.your previous message reminds me of myself :3year old boy+7months boy+work +house work+food shopping +cooking :just running all over the place..always wait for hubby to start any hair stuff.lol if not ill End up shampooing and hearing baby scream ......STRESSFUL .lol

Evolving78

shortdub78 sounds exciting to try all that out.your previous message reminds me of myself :3year old boy+7months boy+work +house work+food shopping +cooking :just running all over the place..always wait for hubby to start any hair stuff.lol if not ill End up shampooing and hearing baby scream ......STRESSFUL .lol

yes girl and now i am a single parent. i don't have a husband anymore, so i am on my own. my kids are off the chain too! my dd is autistic, and my son has adhd! he is so hyper, he decided he wanted to do cartwheels in class yesterday! :lol: his teach calls him active....:lol: i love them though!

transitioning?

shortdub78 said:
yes girl and now i am a single parent. i don't have a husband anymore, so i am on my own. my kids are off the chain too! my dd is autistic, and my son has adhd! he is so hyper, he decided he wanted to do cartwheels in class yesterday! :lol: his teach calls him active....:lol: i love them though!

Cartwheels? That's cute

miss stress

hey yall! So DD whos 5 wants to join the challenge too. She was at bsl and I took her to the salon for the first time ever to have her hair straightend and trimmed. Well when our stylist flat ironed it the ends were in worse shape than I though and we ended up cutting like 4 in so shes at like cbl streched now. Hopefully I can get her back to a healthy APL by years end.

Here is some pics of the first braidout we've ever done! She loves it and wants to wear it out more but umm no.

Anyway, whn I do let her rock a braidout how can I get more definition?

Attachments

• 238.jpg
    238.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 239.jpg
    239.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 234.jpg
    234.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Evolving78

hey yall! So DD whos 5 wants to join the challenge too. She was at bsl and I took her to the salon for the first time ever to have her hair straightend and trimmed. Well when our stylist flat ironed it the ends were in worse shape than I though and we ended up cutting like 4 in so shes at like cbl streched now. Hopefully I can get her back to a healthy APL by years end.

Here is some pics of the first braidout we've ever done! She loves it and wants to wear it out more but umm no.

Anyway, whn I do let her rock a braidout how can I get more definition?

aww! she is cute! i am working on my baby's hair too. i straightened it and had to cut a lot off.

BlkOnyx488

on the fence
today I got a compliment about my hair. I mentioned to one of my Zumba Students, that I was ready to take these braids out, and she says, "why they still look really good"! Aww

It is because I cornrowed the front of my hair and did individuals in the back, so once a week I rebraid the top so they never get fuzzy.

So I am thinking I could go another month with this style.
if I am APL I think I can wait to find out at the end if March

but I reserve the right to change my mind again LOL

which is why I am on the fence! :yep:

Last edited:

Onhergrind09

I haven't checked in, in forever and a day so I figured it was time. I recently relaxed after a 12 week stretch and I'm well on my way to full APL by my b-day in April.

Attachments

• 20120223_164422.jpg
    20120223_164422.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 47

GIJane

I have been cutting my hair every month. I called myself dusting but my roommate just pointed out that my hair is an inch shorter than in December. So she confiscated my scissors. She will not give me back my scissors until she access my hair. Talk about a intervention.

Lilmama1011

GIJane said:
I have been cutting my hair every month. I called myself dusting but my roommate just pointed out that my hair is an inch shorter than in December. So she confiscated my scissors. She will not give me back my scissors until she access my hair. Talk about a intervention.

Ah ha, she took your scissors (blowing spit bubbles) lol but obsessing over ends is a problem with too, they must be even not even a cm shorter, but I decided to take one of you ladies idea and trim every four months assuming I start off with good ends now, you can a half inch every month and four months it's two and trim a half inch and thus gaining one and a half inches instead of over trimming which use to be 6 to 8 weeks and under trimming like some do once or twice a year smh

GIJane

Ah ha, she took your scissors (blowing spit bubbles)

:lol: I was real salty about her hiding my scissors. But I know it is for the best. She is suppose to braid my hair on Sunday. She said she will take a look at my ends. But then she pointed out that when she braided my hair a few weeks ago my ends looked great. I told her my ends looked great because I dusted them. Yes I know I have a problem.

Lilmama1011 Hello, my name is GIJane, and I am an haircutterholic. :lachen:

Seamonster

I love freshly trimmed ends too. At the end of last year I got a brand new pairs of shears and just about lost my mind, cause trimming was so much easier. It was like butter. I must have trimmed every week, lol. I finally did a full cut on January 1, and that seemed to cure me. When I hacked from APL to neck length, I no longer remembered any cute protective styles for neck length hair, that made me a bit sad, and I haven't trimmed since.

Of course two solid months of hair growth and the hair length learning curve is getting my courage back up. I do love having beautiful ends and a fresh cut, lol.

coolsista-paris

shortdub78 said:

Cute little boy lol. It must not be easy everyday but wé,women are very strong and with all the love we have for our kids things go fine. Just try to have some time for yourself every now and then. It helps get lots of force back.

I think Im gonna co wash today ...or tommorow.