APL 2012 Challenge

coolsista-paris

then sooooooooooo cooooool. Let me try to RETAIN!!! that is my problem. im 4 years natural , i could have been a bit further that this but as i say....laziness !!!!!!!!!!!!

these âst months,lots of breakage !! ok so you are allowing me to claim APL. ive been waiting for this for over....a year. im gonna stick with you until im satisfied (i want more layers to be their, so nice full apl)

i am on the bsl challenge but...its like, i have doubt on my hair capacity....im wondering if i can really make it (retention thing, breakage.. gonna mess on me). im still searching to find the products that are the best for my hair

NikkiQ

3 days after the challenge started and we have our first graduate already :lachen: I hope this is a sign of things to come for us ladies!

mami2010

Just got done oiling my scalp and doing pre poo with jbco and vatika oil. Will wash with a neutralizing shampoo tomorrow and condition then air dry. Prepping for relaxer next week.

kupenda

Didn't have time to do my hair tonight. So I oiled my scalp, massaged, and applied grapeseed oil to my strands. Then moisturized, put it in two braids, and tucked them under a baggy and scarf for the night. Gonna stay on top of my ceramide usage this year

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

KaramelKutie803

Sooo I just took my sew-in out and I think I hit a minor setback. Soo much of my hair came out this time during my take down. I think I'm just going to cool it with braids and sew-ins for now and just baby my hair. I'm going to re-do my starting picture after I wash out my DC in a few mins because I think I may have lost some length with all the breakage. Jan 2nd made 2yrs post relaxer (10 mos post BC on the 19th) for me and I haven't retained much growth primarily because I kept it in sew-ins and guess I wasn't doing enough moisturizing. I'll take it as a lesson learned and want to start wearing my hair out more and take much better care of it.

AyannaDivine

In an effort to use up my jar of AOHC, I slathered it on dry twists and threw on my shower cap. I'm hoping that this stuff works as a DC because its way too heavy to use as a moisturizer on my hair. I'll update with results after I wash in the morning.

KaramelKutie803

New starting pic, it does look like I lost a tiny little bit of length. But I'm determined to better my regimen and take better care of my hair.

lovely_locks

I need to stop wearing my hair down so much. I have made so much progress in the last 1.5 years, I don't want to mess it up. Back to buns!

Sent from my SPH-M580 using SPH-M580

Evolving78

i decided to stick to all of my challenges. i rolled my hair and have put my hair up in the back. this is going to be my go to style.

BlkOnyx488

KaramelKutie803 Your current length is what I call a "hurdle length" and you have to jump over the hurdle to see progress, and the the hurdles are everywhere, your car seat, your shoulders, the AIR!!!!:ohwell:

I didn't get past this length until I PSed my way past it:yep:

I don't know what your regi is, however I believe if you include a 24/7 PSing style you will blow past the "hurdle length"

HHJ!!!:drunk:

New starting pic, it does look like I lost a tiny little bit of length. But I'm determined to better my regimen and take better care of my hair.

SimJam

awesome news ladies .... No Im not APL lol .... but Ive achieved one of my mini goals, which was to be able to grab my hair from behind !!!!!

I know that in november when I took the pic in my avi I couldnt, and yesterday when I was twistng my hair I tried and voila!!! I mean I hadda be a bit acrobatic but fact is that in November even the acrobatics didnt work :giggle:

what have I been doing?
taking my vits and supplements (biotin, MSM, evening primrose oil, horsetail, omega 3)
used megatek (onlyabt 2x per week)
upped my protien intake (not for hair growth reasons, but maybe it helped)

indarican

ok all i learned a lesson yesterday/this morning. So the day before yesterday i cowashed my hair, moisturized and sealed, then threw it in a pony tail and GHE'd for the night, i didnt take my hair down yesterday and just through my wig on top of the pony, this morning I went to take the pony down and it was one big knot:wallbash:!!! Who the hell was i kidding thinking that i could get away with that, I will NEVER be doing that again. I lost a pretty significant amount of hair im sure but ill take that as a lesson learned:look:

lilyofthenile

awesome news ladies .... No Im not APL lol .... but Ive achieved one of my mini goals, which was to be able to grab my hair from behind !!!!!

I know that in november when I took the pic in my avi I couldnt, and yesterday when I was twistng my hair I tried and voila!!! I mean I hadda be a bit acrobatic but fact is that in November even the acrobatics didnt work :giggle:

what have I been doing?
taking my vits and supplements (biotin, MSM, evening primrose oil, horsetail, omega 3)

LOL that is my mini goal too!!

lovely_locks

what have I been doing?
Funny you wrote this, because this my next goal! lol! I figured by the time I can do this i'll be ahlfway to APL.

EasypeaZee

Ok In order to insure that I make it to APL (preferably before December so I can get a head start on BSL) I think I'm gonna keep my hair in mini twists. I'm just worried if a month is too long to keep them in at a time/ if my ends will be safe. I'm adding a picture below... Sorry the pic is so huge... And I'm not entirely sure what to do about my ends since they're relaxed but my roots are new growth central...

faithVA

:congrats: SimJam, girl I have that goal too :lol: Thanks for letting me know that I will be able to do it before I reach APL. I'm still a ways a way but it will make taking pics much easier. :yay: for you. :yep:

QUEENJAMES231

Check-in
starting scalp massages every other night with EVOO and peppermint oil (because it's what I have on hand)! I'm hoping to promote some growth and help prevent wintertime dry scalp issues in the process.

indarican

i keep having dreams about long thick APL hair!!! All i want for my B-day is freaking decent ponytail where all my hair from hairline to nape is in the elastic... Wishing on a star!!

Evolving78

indarican
i am going to make a music video and swang my hair around and around when i get to my goal length! :lachen: i joined your challenge too, so i hope it's not too late for you to add me!

i keep having dreams about long thick APL hair!!! All i want for my B-day is freaking decent ponytail where all my hair from hairline to nape is in the elastic... Wishing on a star!!

JustGROWwithIt

I keep having dreams about APL hair too! Maybe it's a sign...:lol: I did get a nice surprise last night, though. I was searching through my phone pics because I knew I had taken a pic of my hair not too long ago and I wanted to see how much it grew. When I found it I was shocked. I took it in the same shirt as the pic below. Like I previously stated the black line on my shirt represents where my hair was in October but then I had to trim an inch off. The pic on my phone is dated 11/12/11 and it is approx 1" above the black line. The pic posted below is from a few days ago and it's approx 1" PAST the line! (My hubby's fingers are blocking the ends of my hair but it is at the bottom of his fingers). That's way more growth than I thought I had and only in a month and a half! I am just going to keep doing what I've been doing because it's obviously working for me. If my hair keeps this up I'll be APL by March! I can't figure out how to get my pic off my phone but when I do I'll come back and edit this post.

Evolving78

my hair feels good today. i realized that i need to stop walking around with conditioner in my hair for hours. since being relaxed, my hair becomes over moisturized if i leave the conditioner in with a plastic cap for too long. i am just going to stick to 15-30mins under the dryer and leave it at that.

i moisturized my hair last night and i used my castor oil concoction on certain places on my scalp. i used dime size amounts as well.

I'm entering this challenge for my natural hair. My whole head is BSL but my natural hair is CBL stretched. I hope that makes sense. . . . :lol:

Anyway, I'm hoping to get there by my graduation in May :grin:

LuvlyRain3

So I'm going to cut an inch off the next time I straighten my hair. Idk when that will be though. In the mean time I'm just going to see how my new regimen and products are going to affect my hair.

NikkiQ

I'm wondering if I should do my twists weekly or every 2 weeks. I mean I'm not really doing anything to them besides M&S daily and wear them under my wigs. I think washing twice a month is enough in the colder months.