APL 2012 Challenge

Fyne

good luck with your labor and delivery!

Co-signing! @lamaria211

TheNDofUO Sounds like a bit too much protein? I usually follow the mid step protein with a moisture dc, then 1 week post neutralise again... but soo glad its getting under control there shouldnt be lasting damage.

@@blcbuty@ Im gonna try this I need simple buns

@NikkiQ Your not helping me keep away from coloring my hair today your hair color and those lovely shades of red :drowning: :lol:

P.S Its relaxer day for me today 26 weeks stretch over! :drunk:

I lurk in the SL thread all the time, I was there last year when APL looked like BSL thread does right now - untouchable LOOL

Last edited:

GIJane

I haven't went to the SL thread but I am in the BSL challenge so I visit the thread quite often. I am hoping to APL by Mar-Apr and BSL by Dec. :pray:

Lurkee

** Early Update Pictures **

Sorry guys for the early update but I have stopped flat ironing and length checks will be done on relaxer day.

I know my ends are thin but I hope to stay at APL for a long time even after grazing. I will let all my layers catch up and trim the thin ends. This would probably take till Dec 2013 but who is in a hurry?:look: :lol:

Left is Today (Mar 3) Right is Jan 1st

Front Picture

Evolving78

Lurkee
i think your ends are fine, you may need to just dust them. it's like my hair grows in levels/layers. first level it grows out thin showing length, but the next cycle, it grows in full not really showing length. so hope this makes sense. i trim my hair often and dust too.

Fyne
how were you able to stretch for 26 weeks? i have a hard time making it to 8 weeks. my new growth is so coily. the difference between the two textures is crazy! (natural vs relaxed)

Lurkee

@Lurkee
i think your ends are fine, you may need to just dust them. it's like my hair grows in levels/layers. first level it grows out thin showing length, but the next cycle, it grows in full not really showing length. so hope this makes sense. i trim my hair often and dust too.

That makes a lot of sense. I could use a lot of thicknes :yep:

Fyne

@Lurkee

@Fyne
how were you able to stretch for 26 weeks? i have a hard time making it to 8 weeks. my new growth is so coily. the difference between the two textures is crazy! (natural vs relaxed)

Girl... Im still shocked, I surprised myself :lachen:
I did it quite slow 1st stretch was 8 weeks, 2nd: 12weeks, 3rd: 16weeks and this time 26weeks. I have really tiny corkscrews of texture in the front and z pattern coils in the back.

I did bantu knots on wet hair, then bunned the next day OR bantu knots then styled out the curls- repeat. (I cant air dry without tension)

Checking in 26 weeks next Sat + touch up day.

Things that helped:
  • Keeping up with the moisture/protein balance
  • Never letting the NG get dry/crunchy (pre poo/oil rinse)
  • Giving myself plenty of time - things took longer i.e - detangling/washing
  • Some products stopped working as well/hair didnt respond to like before (I altered my regimen week 17+ more moisture less manipulation was needed) cowashing x2 weekly + s-curl
  • The deeper the stretch the more moisture, less manipulation, more patience and care needed :yep:

I basically did this ^^^^ and when the going got too tough I did a dominican blowout @ home 1-2x monthly so that I can feel my scalp again LOL (results in my dp)

Dominican Blowout @ Home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-t-Fok6Cv0&feature=related

Lurkee I agree with shortdub dusting may be all you need right now your hair looks so healthy.

miss stress

Plastic? Can you share a picture?

Theese goody elastic bands look like they melted and got stuck in her hair I had them in for a week at the base of her individual braids cause yesterday I wanted her to rock a braid out for school it took me like an hr to take down like 24 braids and she still lost alot of hair and had flyaways because of the breakage but she still looked soooooo cute! On to the pics

But yeah, those things suck and I will NEVER use them again, back to rubber bands

Attachments

• 41GflABgccL__SS500_.jpg
    41GflABgccL__SS500_.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 61

pookaloo83

miss stress said:
Theese goody elastic bands look like they melted and got stuck in her hair I had them in for a week at the base of her individual braids cause yesterday I wanted her to rock a braid out for school it took me like an hr to take down like 24 braids and she still lost alot of hair and had flyaways because of the breakage but she still looked soooooo cute! On to the pics

But yeah, those things suck and I will NEVER use them again, back to rubber bands

Your daughter is beautiful and that hair!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

SavannahNatural

miss stress said:

Ohhh. Okay. I've used those elastics before and although I haven't experienced the melting I do know that if they're stretched too much or if they remain in the hair for a long time then they do tend to snap in multiple places (like rubber ends do), but I've used them rarely and mostly on my dog :lachen:.

But your daughter is a cutie and that hair is so lush!! Good job mama!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

newnyer

So I have been majorly indecisive this morning about my hair. Took some henna gloss out the freezer to thaw out but then worried that it might be too old so ran to the local indian grocery store & bought some amla oil (want it darker), and nupur henna. When I got home realized I already had 2 packs of Jamila in my stash (dam% PJism!). Anyway said forget it & decided to use the old henna gloss anyway. Added amla and cocoa powder in hopes that it will darken my hair a bit. Wish me luck!

NikkiQ

Its been a long hair day ladies!! Dyed my hair this morning, let it air dry 90% off the way, blew it out on a low setting, hit it with the flat iron a little and threw in some bantu knots. I'll post pics after I take them down

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

coolsista-paris

esi.adokowa said:
Here's my bun!
I'll be bunning til I relax at the end of march. :]]

Beautifil ! How do you bun like that? Ive always told myself my hair isnt long enough. Ive reached Apl but never made à bun like this

esi.adokowa

coolsista-paris said:
Beautifil ! How do you bun like that? Ive always told myself my hair isnt long enough. Ive reached Apl but never made à bun like this

It's pretty easy, but kind of hard to explain. I can make a YouTube tutorial if you like?

LadyRaider

After my March trim. Apl for me is at the six line on the shirt. I am pretty strongly at the five line now.

Attachments

• image-165494686.jpg
    image-165494686.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image-2015866596.jpg
    image-2015866596.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image-18365422.jpg
    image-18365422.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

lilyofthenile

I prepoo-ed with Hairveda Vatika Frost DC'd with SheaMoisture AntiBreakage Masque. I also cleansed my scalp using diluted apple cider vinegar. I want to be less harsh on my scalp.

PaigeJessica

I was bored with my twists yesterday so for a party I sprayed them with water mixed with Lottabody and put them in curlformers. Then I sat under a dryer for 45 minutes. They turned out way nicer than I thought they would. I like using curlformers with my twists more than with my hair when it's out.

Poutchi

I have been taking the L cysteine and the vitamin C for about 5 days now... I cannot tell for my hair but i can already see difference in my nails condition... they seem unbreakable and super long compare to last week... hope it s doing the same on the hair side ;)
I am a day shy of my second year anniversary from my last relaxer... awesome :)

newnyer

BEAUTYU2U Lol I have no idea who she is but maybe a fellow cousin will know...I got the pic from a body motivation thread here. That's my goal body (ONE DAY!). Heck- I'm even going for that ponytail. Lol

Aggie

I have been taking the L cysteine and the vitamin C for about 5 days now... I cannot tell for my hair but i can already see difference in my nails condition... they seem unbreakable and super long compare to last week... hope it s doing the same on the hair side ;)
I am a day shy of my second year anniversary from my last relaxer... awesome :)

I ordered the bolded online as well but it has not yet arrived. I can't wait to start taking them. I already have vitamin C.

Evolving78

my steamer will be here Wed. i hope it works properly. i read a few reviews on it and people had some serious problems with it and returned it. folks were complaining saying it didn't come with instructions, which i think putting it together wrong caused it to malfunction. i hope i don't have to send it back.

growbaby

Checking in

Currently sitting with a protein treatment on my head. Relaxer day is next week, and will be ending a 16 week stretch :)

LilMissSunshine5

shortdub78- I hope it isn't from LCL Beauty because I had a bad experience with them. My steamer never worked out of the box, no instructions and had to fight (with rude customer service) to get a refund. I finally got my money back through PayPal, thank God! I hope your steamer works well though :yep: