2014 Christian Random Thoughts -- Don't Lose Hope

JaneBond007

2 Peter 3:3

Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts,

Shark bait week. Funny, the only thing that's going to be caught is the mocker.

Last edited:

GodivaChocolate

On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. 2 And great multitudes were gathered to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat down; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?” 11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,

and seeing you will see and not perceive; 15
for the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
so that I should heal them.’

16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17
or assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

18 Therefore, hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful, 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

GodivaChocolate

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” (Psalm 91:1-16)

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
To spring forward... one sometimes must go back. Thanking Father God for this Reminder, worthy of repeating.

"You must hold on, so you can do what God wants and receive what he has promised.

For in a very short time, “The One who is coming will come and will not be delayed.

Those who are right with me will live by faith.

But if they turn back with fear, I will not be pleased with them.”

But we are not those who turn back and are lost. We are people who have faith and are saved."

JaneBond007

Isaiah 12:2-3

2 "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."

3 Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation.

JaneBond007

RE: the transgender model

Rocero said, "the world makes you something that you are not, but you know inside what you are...burning question inside...how will you become that?" Equating the struggle of the transgender community to persecution of beliefs (religion and philosophy) and color of skin is, imho, riding another bandwagon. People are born male and female and some are even born hemaphrodite. Others want to live the life of the opposite sex and change their physical and hormonal structure to approximate it. But essentially, we are either male or female. How you live is another story but gender is a truth. Rocero is still a male.

JaneBond007

Matthew 3:17
17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son,[a] with whom I am well pleased.”

Proverbs 23:26
My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways,

Proverbs 23:25
Let your father and your mother be glad, And let her rejoice who gave birth to you.

Aviah

Christian women are seemingly taught their whole lives to prepare for marriage and how to be the perfect wife, but men... not so much. Its made out to be the pinnacle of female existence. Then when it is really hard, and being the "perfect wife" doesn't make your husband the man you envisioned, people want out. Let's not act like divorce doesn't happen among Christians. Funny, its usually women that want the divorces.

What if you never get married? Why can't you be taught how to live a godly life, whether or not you are married?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Praying for those who have family members and loved ones in prison.

Jesus said:

"When I was in prison, you comforted me."

I hope this brings peace to the hearts of those who are worried about their loved ones who are incarcerated. They are not alone. Jesus is with them, to guard and to protect them. And soon, He will be bringing them home.

Be encouraged. :love2:

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

Renewed1

I'd love to do a tour of Israel one day...soon.

Me too! I always wanted to see where Jesus was nailed to the cross and the empty tomb.

I feel there is a lesson to be learned regarding the story of Cain and Able. But I'm not just "getting it"!

JaneBond007

NFL

oy vey

I just don't wanna see anybody kiss unless it's Jay Tavare on Tembi Locke :giggle: and even that is kinda disturbing. I've always cringed throughout my life, even those little pecks my father gave my mother. Just don't wanna see it. Stop PUSHING it on people, OMG.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
NFL

oy vey

I just don't wanna see anybody kiss unless it's Jay Tavare on Tembi Locke :giggle: and even that is kinda disturbing. I've always cringed throughout my life, even those little pecks my father gave my mother. Just don't wanna see it. Stop PUSHING it on people, OMG.

Sorry but :lol: at OMG :lol:

And for the record, I don't want to see it either. And I don't want to see / hear grown men calling each other 'Honey'.... or Baby .... or whatever else.

It's....it's just too much. :sad:

Shimmie

Staff member
I mean, whatever in the world happened to respect? Heterosexual or whichever? You don't air out every darned thing.

I know.. :yep: I know. This is why those judges are overruling the laws 'against' gay marriage, because the public overall, still does not accept it. Folks don't want to see all a' dat. They don't. Many folks have blindly supported them and now regret it when they see the public displays of interaction.

And I do feel badly because I care and I don't want people of any manner to be hurt, but wrong is still wrong. It's either hurt now, or hurt forever in eternity because redemption was rejected. Jesus died so that they, among all, might live.

It's such a sad mess. It really is. It's like, God how do I minister for them to receive? I know so many and my heart aches for them. How does God get through? Lord how? :nono:

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
Just a random thought. God is sooo awesome.

I wasn't intending on going to church tonight, I was just going to opt to watch the live stream (too many excuses I was trying to give myself; work in the morning, I'm "tired"), but after hearing the choir, and trying to still out talk myself of going, I hopped in my car.

Best decision ever.

Long story short, I gave my life over to God (became saved) and became filled (with the Holy Ghost). Now mind you, I've been active in church for quite some time, and met amazing people to help strengthen my walk, but tonight, I made my mind up.

I'm actually mad at myself for missing praise and worship...

K. I'm off of my soap box now lol.

MrsHaseeb

Galatians 2:20 NLT

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Shimmie

Staff member
Just a random thought. God is sooo awesome.

I wasn't intending on going to church tonight, I was just going to opt to watch the live stream (too many excuses I was trying to give myself; work in the morning, I'm "tired"), but after hearing the choir, and trying to still out talk myself of going, I hopped in my car.

Best decision ever.

Long story short, I gave my life over to God (became saved) and became filled (with the Holy Ghost). Now mind you, I've been active in church for quite some time, and met amazing people to help strengthen my walk, but tonight, I made my mind up.

I'm actually mad at myself for missing praise and worship...

K. I'm off of my soap box now lol.

Wow! What a beautiful and awesome testimony. God bless you!

And :welcome3: into the Family of God.

You are a very courageous woman to step out of your comfort zone and spend time with Jesus in your Church of Worship.

Well we now have the answer to whosthatgurl... 'It's YOU!'

:bighug:

JaneBond007

I've had my fun and my experience writing, blogging, developing ideas, pushing the envelope, etc., but I realize the season is coming to an end with the board. Sometimes, you make a choice to remove something that doesn't edify you. It's good to learn things about those so very different from you but at the same time, you don't want that negative influence on your soul. The CF is the harbinger of holy souls - those paving the way, those holding on, barely. You ARE making a difference. I'd like to see it move beyond the experience of this board and become even bigger. Sometimes, you want the comfort and protection of your own neighborhood, esp. when it is safe for the soul. I do realize that it is a light in the darkness - vast darkness.

Divine.

JaneBond007 I am praying that God makes this so for me. I took a hiatus from my blog because I didn't have a computer and there's some technical things I want to do. In June, I really want to get back to spreading the Gospel and encouraging others outside of this board. I don't think I'm leaving anytime soon though :lol:

mz.rae

Prayer ministry was so powerful this evening! I just feel like so many burdens were lifted off of me! Sunday and today were so wow! I'm thankful to God for that experience and feel like I can come out of the enclosure that I put myself into the past few months.

Laela

Our chldren don't belong to us... they are on loan from the Father and great is our responsibilty to teach them about God and show them His Ways that they can never forgetr. God Bless all the parents (biological or adoptive... single or married) who rely solely on God concerning the children He gave them! With God they wil not fail.

Laela

A grateful heart is a thankful heart is a happy heart ... won't complain about long hours but rather thank Adonai for the job. In all things, give thanks. Amein~