Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

ezina

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

122 weeks post relaxer.

Next relaxer will be.....

JK, I'm transitioning. :grin:

Just visiting my old fave thread. :)

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

divachyk December 4th is the plan

naija24

I'd love to be a hardcore relaxer stretcher. Like only getting touch ups 2-3 times a year. I'm looking to relax again in December. Getting used to air drying my hair and not caring about how my new growth looks

longhairdreaming

7 weeks post and discovered Scurl and banding method for airdrying...banding has changed my hair life for sure!

Americka

20 weeks and 1 day post relaxer. This is my longest stretch ever. Might transition...

Beamodel

I just relaxed today after 13 weeks post. I dnt know why but I'm underprocedsed. Oh well I will correct it next time.

mshoneyfly

I just relaxed sunday at 13 weeks post. It came out nicely and I got some retention!!

I think this 13 weeks is my cutoff for stretching. Not sure when I will relax again bc Im planning to get yarn braids in Dec

I LOVE this HHJ!!

sunnieb

1 week post. Relaxing sometime in February.

kandiekj100

4 weeks. I went 24 weeks before doing last touch-up. It was my second time doing 6 months. Not sure i'll go that long next time. I think may shoot for anywhere between 12-15 weeks, since that will put me at about Christmas time.

Jobwright

I'll be 6 weeks post on Friday. Hoping to make it till the week of or the week before Christmas. That would be a 17 week stretch. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Toy

11 wks Saturday
Relaxing next Saturday

JudithO

9 weeks now... I need the Lord on this one cos I cant take no more... lol... I put my hair in box braids and it will remain this way until the end of this month when ill gladly relax... After then.. I'll be relaxing religiously every 2 months... End of Feb, Apr, June, Aug, Oct, Dec...

Honey Bee

I'd love to be a hardcore relaxer stretcher. Like only getting touch ups 2-3 times a year. I'm looking to relax again in December. Getting used to air drying my hair and not caring about how my new growth looks
Me too. I notice all the long-hairs stretch super long, like, 12-16 wks. I'm trynna get to 4 or 5 TU's a year. I'm at 12 wks now with a few more to go and this has been my longest and most successful stretch. My tricks: 90% moisture at 8wks+ and prepooing with moisture. :up: (h/t to Jen at justgrowalready, don't know her name here)

longhairdreaming

8 weeks down 8-12 to go...trying to decide if I should wait to go home to the States which would put me at 20 weeks post or relax here in Yaounde which I would do at 16 weeks post. I'll wait to see what the water supply situation is here in about 8 weeks.

JudithO

8 weeks down 8-12 to go...trying to decide if I should wait to go home to the States which would put me at 20 weeks post or relax here in Yaounde which I would do at 16 weeks post. I'll wait to see what the water supply situation is here in about 8 weeks.

Water supply? Relaxer? Girl you better put your hair in braids and wait till you get home...

mschristine

Almost 9 weeks post..relaxing the week before Thanksgiving at 15 weeks post. Still not using heat (blow dryer or flat iron) until then

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I'm 28 weeks post relaxer and struggling. But today I had great ease.

I've learned that:

1) I CANNOT be lazy with my hair.

2) I HAVE TO wash my hair in sections.

3) I NEED a shower with high pressure.

4) I CAN ONLY wash with products that have slip.

October 5 - Saturday - I sectioned my hair into 3 (1 ponytail in the back and 2 pigtails on the sides) and detangled using a wide tooth comb and Anita Grant Monoi De Tahiti Oil. Next I cleansed using NaturelleGrow Lemon Detox Cleansing Conditioner and letting my Denman brush glide out tangles and shed hair in the shower. I deep conditioned using Moitions CPR Protein Reconstructor (slip!) & Anita Grant Tahiti Oil. Ponytail roller set using NaturelleGrow Leave in and CHI straight guard.
I will flat iron my hair later.

But today.... My hair needed this pampering. For the last 3-4 weeks my hair hasn't had the proper care and gentle detangling. Some products did contain silicones, etc but I think proper care precedes unfavorable ingredients.

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
5 months. Don't know what I'm waiting for. My hair is growing up and out. Lol

I started OWOC and that seems to help with tangles for now. I'll touch up after November.

GettingKinky

I will be 16 weeks on Thursday when I get my touch up and trim. Yay! I can't wait.
Honi what's OWOC?

Andrea2012

I am 8 weeks post and have not decided when my next touch up will be. My bday is in a couple of weeks and I originally wanted to relax for my bday, but I think I'd rather keep my stretch going. I will have to figure out what to do for my birthday hair!

EnExitStageLeft

23 weeks post and coastin'. I was going to texlax this upcoming week, but I think I'm gonna keep going. My stretch has been kind to me so far, so we gone see :look:. My hair has a tendency to turn on me with a quickness :yep:.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•

I'll be 6 weeks post on Wednesday.
The plan is to touchup on December 4th (at the earliest).

TLC1020

I'll be 16 weeks post on Sunday, my birthday is in 2 weeks and I'm undecided if I will relax then..