Curly Girl The Handbook - Let's Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embyra

Aicer

heres a vid explaining it in depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJmOpcyylYs

http://www.youtube.com/user/MahoganyCurls/videos she has lots of vids where she talks about it in depth

http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

My routine is simple really
1-wash once a week with tresemme naturals
2-brush/comb shed hair out
3-rinse out then apply rasshoul clay i leave this in overnight rinse out in morning
4-apply gel which takes me 20-30 mins and diffuse hair i used to leave to airdry but this just takes to damn long diffusing and im done in 30 mins

thats it my hair no longer frizzes out like CRAZY and my curl pattern is much more defined my fotki shows some products i use its not fancy :lol:

The book isnt expensive imo and is worth it people spend more on hair conditioner :drunk:

winona

I like the 2nd way better than the 1st. The first basically gave my hair type the option to have an afro or texturize if I remember correctly.

Solitude

I have it - the most recent version. I like this book a lot. It is what helped me finally decide to transition.

g.lo

funny enough, I bought this yesterday and can't wait to receive it!!!!
I want to try it, cowash did work well for me and i got very lazy since the beginning of the year! i did a wash and go but it was a disaster got tons of ssk, I did it on a freezing cold winter day, so will try again now that the weather is getting warmer!
I use only BFh for my cleansing and as leave in as well! will give feedback if i decide to go fully CG!

Ipanema

I might have read this a few years ago. Is this the book where she uses a lot of food on her hair, like potato water?

silenttullip

I have the 1st and 2nd wasn't too empressed by either but if ur hair likes gel and you don't mind wetting frequently with some build up more power to ya :) nice dvd though

SophieDulce

Hey ladies, I just started using the curly girl method, I love everything about it execept the shrikinage!!! grrrrrrr, and my hair is un even, it was longer in the back than the front so it kinda looks like a i got mullet going on. I was thinking about buying the book its not that expensive, does anyone pine apple over night, because my hair never looks good the second day.

Missigirl

I have it on my Kindle. This is the reason I went ahead and BCed. I am using the homemade mixes on my hair and it is responding very well. It does draw up but I love my curlies. I am using VO5 strawberries and creme the cheapest condishiner out there and my hair loves it.

Allandra

I purchased my book this week (the second edition). I'm looking forward to reading it from cover-to-cover and watching the dvd that came with it.

NikkiGirl

I have this book and the dvd, which I have not watched yet. But I really loved the book. I like that she addresses much more than just how to care for curly hair. It can be hard to be a curly girl in a 'straight rules' world, but I love how she embraces her hair and encourages all curly girls to do the same.

Bun Mistress

I read her web site years ago, I can't imagine the book being much different if you went through the entire site it was very informative. I have an afro of 4B hair, so there are no curls. But I do low poo or no poo. I clarify maybe twice a year (which this last time I hated). Then I do a braid out which (I think) because of the low poo turns out really nice and would last a week if I didn't work out so much.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I am going to try this method. The longer my hair gets, the harder it is for me to wear out (hence the buns and updos). I would love to master this technique. MahagonyCurls hair gives me hope - it is so beautiful!

Shadiyah

wavezncurlz her hair is lovely and I just have to get use to using cones free conditioner but I do put conditioner on my hair under the mixed chicks and it works out just fine. I am still putting conditioner on my hair after I spray it at night also and it is also working out just fine.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
wavezncurlz her hair is lovely and I just have to get use to using cones free conditioner but I do put conditioner on my hair under the mixed chicks and it works out just fine. I am still putting conditioner on my hair after I spray it at night also and it is also working out just fine.

Shadiyah
I can't wait to get my book. and may I ask what conditioner are you using?

ShiShiPooPoo

Love this book. It was free at Ulta with the purchase of the travel kit. My hair has done a 180. I have been sleeping with conditioner and that has made the biggest difference. I also pack my crown with conditioner and it does not frizz anymore. I will begin using my steamer once per week.

MsLauren

I just bought the kindle edition! I'm looking forward to reading it and watching the DVD to pass time at work lol

Missigirl

MsLauren I have it on my kindle but it doesn't show the videos, I have also downloaded it to my computer and it still doesn't show the videos. I have the cheapest kindle. Is there something I can do so I can see the videos??

winona

The book from iTunes shows the videos embedded in case anyone was wondering :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I have the second addition, but I don't feel like it gave me anymore information than if I watched YouTube vids of curly girls...

Last edited:

Missigirl

So winona if I download itunes it might work??? I am going to try it.... Thank you!

Sorry OP I am going to discuss the book just wanted to see the videos too.... I added shea butter to my conditioner 4tbs of each and did a deep conditioning treatment over night and it helped with my frizzy crown.

Allandra

I am going to try this method. The longer my hair gets, the harder it is for me to wear out (hence the buns and updos). I would love to master this technique. MahagonyCurls hair gives me hope - it is so beautiful!
wavezcurlz

Is that a wash n go in your siggy? It's beautiful. I can't wait until I find the time to sit down and really do a wash n go.

Status
Not open for further replies.