Best Flat Iron Ever - Croc Flat Iron Comb

toinette

Tricking the president
so last night I flat ironed my cousin's hair. She just turned 13 and doesnt want to relax anymore so she has about 8 months on NG. I have flat ironed her hair before but last night her hair was LAID! I have finally cracked the secret to a salon type flat iron job. I got it from Folica but I know Sally's sells a version.

caliscurls

Completely agree! I use the Sally's version and can honestly say my flat iron jobs don't look nearly as good without it. It's a bit awkward to use at first but after the 3rd or 4th try you get the hang of it. Of course product plays a good part too and taking your time doing small pieces. I can get away with 1 pass of the flat iron using this.

Theresamonet

I have the one from Sally's. I don't like it. It did not glide through my hair, and it snagged. I use a carbon comb when I flat iron. It's much smoother.

Aireen

I tried the one at Sally's recently, I bought it like 2 weeks ago and it was breaking and snagging my hair. I still haven't returned it but I plan to, can't have that thing jacking up my progress. :(

caliscurls

Haven't tried the carbon comb except for when roller setting and found it snagged for me. For this though I saw a YouTube video and that helped. The first time I used it I had the same snagging problem for sure. So in subsequent uses I've used more leave-in/detangler and haven't had issues. Silken Child leave in(purple bottle) and chi silk infusion are what I found works for me. The leave in is used generously and the chi sparingly. Other contributing factors could be what one is doing leading up to the flat iron...for example after I co-wash and dc I use the silken child and tad of chi then blow dry in 4 sections. Once that is done I apply a pea size amount of chi to a section starting with the ends smoothing downward and then flat iron using this comb.

All said...I'm curious if the snag is due to the prep-work? I'll have to try it with my carbon comb next time and see if it still works for me.

toinette

Tricking the president

sorry I didnt take pics :lol: When she gets back from school I'll see if her hair held up with the heat and humidity. if it did, I'll post :yep:

ETA: this is the heat protectant I used. I dont know if it had anything to do with the smoothness of the hair, but the hair was shiny and it was swingin'

got2be Guardian Angel.

Last edited:

virtuenow

Oh, I thought you were saying that thing was a flat iron. I can't use those combs, they rip my hair out. Too kinky :)