Why the natural rebellion all of a sudden!?!

sprungonhairboards

Ery'body wanna texturizer or a relaxer now! (Myself included :lol: )

I know everybody has their own different reasons but I found it strange that seemingly all of a sudden alot of naturals, surprising ones too, are crossing back over to the chemical side. Is it the weather, something in the air, too many beautiful relaxed albums, what? :lol:

locabouthair

ive been feeling like that for a while i just never said anything. my natural hair seems like its too much at times. it would be a lot easier if i got a relaxer because all i would have to is wrap my hair at night. even though getting a relaxer is tempting there is something always holding me back from getting one. i guess its because i nearly went bald with it before. lol. yeah seeing a lot of healthy relaxed heads kinda got to me also.

caligirl

I was thinking the same thing. For me, a texturizer seems like a nice way to have wash and go hair with the option of doing natural styles and straight styles. Plus my hair is coarse and I don't think anything except a chemical is going to make it permanently soft.

SilkyandSmooth

:lol: I'm going to be honest here. I love my natural hair, but after seeing Divine's beautiful texturized hair, a texturizer is looking real tempting right about now.:lol: I'd love to wear my hair straight w/o it reverting so quickly every now and then. I'm still transitioning, so there's no way I'd do it but still. I was just admiring my co-worker's beautiful, healthy-looking relaxed hair today. It was nice but the permanent straight straight look isn't for me anymore.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
man i'm tired my hair is dry no matter what i do and i am pissed that i have a years worth of non growth due to 2 cuts due to dry split hair i'm either gonna texturize or get another lace wig and wear braids underneath for a year

macherieamour

All hair is beautiful in my opinion. Besides texture is in girl, not bone strait hair! Everyone is wearing their hair natural, curly, big and wavy. Shoot, I aint puttin all these rollers in my hair for nothin :mad:

Ayeshia

I cut my hair off so I wouldnt relax it..Im not fond of short relaxed hair on myself so that stopped me from relaxing...thank god.

deedabug

i wont go back...no matter how wild my hair is...at least it doesnt break off at least once a year every year or have mad split ends....

so i'm stayin natural..it's the best thang for me

ximenia

I hated the maintenance of relaxed hair not to mention the scalp burns, breaking hair, rollers, curling iron...Even with texturizers I shudder at the thought of having to deal with two textures and the drama that comes with that plus my hair is so much healthier now.

cocopuff

Oh, goodness. I was just thinking about this today. I washed my hair and after it was dry, I was like "Oh Lord, I don't feel like dealing with this hair right now, I wonder how a relaxer would look". I hope this will pass.

bellezanegra826

have you seen this season's america's next top model? The ladies with natural hair have some of the best looking hairstyles i've seen in a long time. I wish my natural roots would look like that, if it did I would do the BC in a heartbeat!

H

honey_jammz82

beyondcute said:
One I found out what $20 at the Dominican salon will do Im never relaxing!

OK, I can get the exact same results from the Dominicans! I love having that option!

Mahalialee4

Now that my hair is really taking off in terms of growth and texture and just looking very healthy...I think I am a natural for life. I really like my hair now and all I want is more of it. It would take a real miracle texturizer/relaxer to get me to change my mind now. One that would give me the exact length of my hair but still have the same texture and thickness. What are the chances of that. lol Bonjour

divine

I started it....

I just got tired of my hair shrinking whenI want to wear it out. I love it so far, but I will see how it is in a few months.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

locabouthair said:
ive been feeling like that for a while i just never said anything. my natural hair seems like its too much at times. it would be a lot easier if i got a relaxer because all i would have to is wrap my hair at night. even though getting a relaxer is tempting there is something always holding me back from getting one. i guess its because i nearly went bald with it before. lol. yeah seeing a lot of healthy relaxed heads kinda got to me also.

This is me,too. I did the unimaginable- I looked in Southerngirl's album today and I was just like WHOA!! Lil mama got some beautiful, healthy relaxed hair, as so do others here. BUT then I thought about when I had a relaxer and my hair looked nothing like that. Matter of fact, I was so frustrated with relaxed hair, my main style was a bun:( Remembering this is what kinda holds me back from the creamy crack!:lol:

BBabe

locabouthair said:
Natural is soooo much maintanence. The tangles are also a pain. It would be nice for once to have hairdressers not fight over who is NOT going to do my hair - they dread it more than me lol. I'm thinking of texturizing. I figure I'm already putting so much time and care into my hair that texturizing should't be a problem.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I think most naturals think about relaxing every now and then. Even though I've been natural most of my life (exept about a total of 9 months :) ) I think about it from time to time. I also think most relaxed heads think about going natural when they see someone with pretty natural hair.

secretdiamond

FlowerHair said:
I think most naturals think about relaxing every now and then. Even though I've been natural most of my life (exept about a total of 9 months :) ) I think about it from time to time. I also think most relaxed heads think about going natural when they see someone with pretty natural hair.

That's so true. I've been thinking about being natural for a while now-- especially when I look at the ladies on this board. But just for the natural ladies thinking about relaxing, there is always something--no a lot of things--holding me back from doing it.

Suri

I don't know...I started off transitioning, now I am thinking of relaxing friggin OCD with this hair already. I guess lifestyle is the deciding factor. Right now taking too much time to style my hair sucks and takes up time I don't have. Yet on the other hand I am curious to see what this hair with eventually become.

During the summer it was cool because it was hot :look: ...and I wet it often. But today it was kinda cool out and I just thought about how with a relaxer I could flip a little updo with some bobby pins (even with short hair) and run out the house. :scratchch

Melaninme

deedabug said:
i wont go back...no matter how wild my hair is....

Same here! When relaxed, I couldn't do half of the things I can do now with my natural hair (style wise). The added bonus, for me, is low maintenance. Can't beat it!

Shalilac

I for one can't wait to be all natural again. I was having trouble with the time it takes to style my natural hair (3-4 hrs doing twists or braids), but then I realized I only had to do this every 2-3 wks. Then I'd rock my twists out, then a puff, then back to twists or braids. I luv that! Not to mention I can style my twists also (updo or curls). Whatever I wanna do! But I'm not one of those folks transitioning becuz my relaxed hair was damaged or I was getting burns or whatever. I had healthy (long) relaxed hair, but I just luv my natural texture! Big and squishy! LOL

SqrpioQutie

eh, for me, being natural was just another change in the line of changes for me... and i got really tired of my one hairdo (twa) no matter how many scarves or accessories i used... in the end, it was still just a twa... and shrinkage kept pissin me off... so texturizing was my quick fix and oh so versatile (for me)... AND less maintenance...

weaveadiva

i don't think it's a rebellion

i remember not too long ago everybody was transitioning or thinking of it

it's like a cycle every few months ;)

honeisos

deedabug said:
i wont go back...no matter how wild my hair is...at least it doesnt break off at least once a year every year or have mad split ends....

Me too Dee !I will not go back ... my hair is growing fast and is very thick and healthy ,I have no split ends , My hair is as long in 1 yr trans and bc as it was in 2 yrs of being relaxed .. I'm loving it !

nekilaki

I've was natural for three years and I just got a texturizer yesterday. So I'm a bonefied rebel!

I remember when I was transitioning to natural it was like a rebirth for my hair because I really had no idea what my true curl pattern and texture was like. I loved my natural texture, the way it felt and looked. It was so convenient to wash 'n' go and still do straight styles, and I my hair felt so soft.

But as it got longer and harder to manage the work was increasing. I simply had to reevaluate what I wanted. I was doing straight styles and applying a lot of heat, which started some damage to my natural hair. So I started thinking, do I really want relaxed hair because ain't no use in applying all this heat damage when I could just to do chemical damage.

So, I decide to texturize. I love my wash 'n' go today. I didn't loose much curl pattern. The curls are looser and I have much less bulk which is what I wanted. I did loose the smootheness of each hair folicle but every decision has a price. :ohwell: I'm excited to start doing wet sets that will last longer and look better.

IMO, it's all about first figuring out what you want the most, and then making your decision based on that.

Deniece

Natural Beauty
I love my natural hair!.....

and even though it may take time...I just look at it as an investment.

I wash my hair once a week and lately have been coming up w/ some fly updo's ponytails, etc,
I just learned how to work w/ my texture rather than against it. So I don't do heat except for 5-10 mins under hooded dryer for roller sets or 15 for occasional deep condition w/ heat.

I have learned what experimenting can do...I never even knew my hair could do the things it does. and it is oh so healthy.and nowhere near dry. I think that also takes finding the right products.

CurleeDST

I am 100% natural and love it as well. I also looked at Southergirl's hair album and was like WHOA gawgeous but that is what works for her. I like the fact that if I want to wear my hair straight - I can do it temporarily and it be fuller and more healthy looking than if it were relaxed and stuck to my scalp from a touch up.

Plus natural hair is more versatile from straight, kinky/curly, puffy, pony puff, twists, twist out, the list goes on and on. Overall the hair is stronger, healthier, and thicker natural and you still can rock relaxer-like options with a press and curl.

Can't beat it.