SL 2015

xu93texas

If I could do hair like you I would BC this weekend!

I totally agree with faithVA- wait as long as possible! I'm a very impatient person and I've BC twice after a 5 month relaxer stretch. This growing out a TWA stage is painful. Of course, there are plenty who have embraced their TWA's and love this stage. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

faithVA

I totally agree with faithVA- wait as long as possible! I'm a very impatient person and I've BC twice after a 5 month relaxer stretch. This growing out a TWA stage is painful. Of course, there are plenty who have embraced their TWA's and love this stage. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

Neither am I :lol: When my hair was 2" cool. 3", the battle began. It just makes everything so time consuming. It's just getting to the point where I can do my hair a bit faster. When I first started styling was 2 hours minimum. And wash day is a minimum of 4.

I regret that I big chopped. I should have just let it stay damaged and did protein treatments every 4 weeks and just dust an 1/2 inch at a time. I would probably be APL by now ::sad:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Neither am I :lol: When my hair was 2" cool. 3", the battle began. It just makes everything so time consuming. It's just getting to the point where I can do my hair a bit faster. When I first started styling was 2 hours minimum. And wash day is a minimum of 4.

I regret that I big chopped. I should have just let it stay damaged and did protein treatments every 4 weeks and just dust an 1/2 inch at a time. I would probably be APL by now ::sad:
I agree 100 with this.

Loved my twa. Looooved it. At 2"? Cant tell you how many times I came in here posting about wanting relax...or found an excuse to chop again. Which I did twice now :lol:

Much better now that the back is kissing cbl. But that was a loooong year.

faithVA

I agree 100 with this.

Loved my twa. Looooved it. At 2"? Cant tell you how many times I came in here posting about wanting relax...or found an excuse to chop again. Which I did twice now :lol:

Much better now that the back is kissing cbl. But that was a loooong year.

Yeah when that back starts to hang, it opens up a whole new world :yep: I'm talking like I been there :lol: :look: But I'm gaining on it.

xu93texas

Neither am I :lol: When my hair was 2" cool. 3", the battle began. It just makes everything so time consuming. It's just getting to the point where I can do my hair a bit faster. When I first started styling was 2 hours minimum. And wash day is a minimum of 4. I regret that I big chopped. I should have just let it stay damaged and did protein treatments every 4 weeks and just dust an 1/2 inch at a time. I would probably be APL by now ::sad:

So true.. I've lost about 3 years of length. Been in this challenge 2011,2012, 2013, 2014... You get the picture:)

Stay away from scissors!

faithVA

So true.. I've lost about 3 years of length. Been in this challenge 2011,2012, 2013, 2014... You get the picture:)

Stay away from scissors!

Dang we must have been in this same challenge together for all of these years. OK let's you and I promise we will graduate together this year.

faithVA

Yes, I am with you!

Yay we are moving on to apl. I have been going back and forth between the TWA and SL thread since 2011. This is the last year either of us will see either of these. I said if I didn't make SL this year I wasn't joining another length challenge.

xu93texas

Yay we are moving on to apl. I have been going back and forth between the TWA and SL thread since 2011. This is the last year either of us will see either of these. I said if I didn't make SL this year I wasn't joining another length challenge.

I agree. APL 2016.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Want to wear it out next weekend but that means straightening it with or without heat. Seems as though as it grows even twist outs are a SSK disaster waiting to happen. This wasnt a problem as a twa.

Learning as I go.

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];21171005]Want to wear it out next week[USER][/USER]end but that means straightening it with or without heat. Seems as though as it grows even twist outs are a SSK disaster waiting to happen. This wasnt a problem as a twa.

Learning as I go.

Can you do a roller set? What are you using on your ends?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Sometimes I use perm rods. Sometimes I pin curl the ends. It's really the texture and high porosity of my hair. Some strands just ball up on each other unless I do a soaking wet set. But those look terrible on me.

Probably will bust out th curl formers.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm rocking ruff and tuff with my Afropuff. :lol

Attachments

• image-4181867953.jpg
    image-4181867953.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image-2406797356.jpg
    image-2406797356.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 39
  • image-237735302.jpg
    image-237735302.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 36

faithVA

Sometimes I use perm rods. Sometimes I pin curl the ends. It's really the texture and high porosity of my hair. Some strands just ball up on each other unless I do a soaking wet set. But those look terrible on me.

Probably will bust out th curl formers.

So what did you decide?

faithVA

This is my goto style for March. I'm doing 4 flat twists in the back with perm rods in the front. It doesn't take that long to install and it last the 3 days between my washes. I know my SO likes my curls better than my flat twist and so do I.

IMG_20150301_230038.jpg

IMG_20150301_230001.jpg

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
This is my goto style for March. I'm doing 4 flat twists in the back with perm rods in the front. It doesn't take that long to install and it last the 3 days between my washes. I know my SO likes my curls better than my flat twist and so do I.
you are so creative. I really like this.

Wenbev

did a henna treat and a blow out yesterday. was too lazy to flat iron especially with all the rain. But flat ironed tonight and feel really good about the health of my hair. I'm tracking to collarbone bc that's easier for me to measure. This year is definitely a good hair growing year. :)

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Didn't get the chance to set my hair much less wash it. Dont want to wash without adequate time for a DC so yesterday amongst 2,453 errands got another AIA coconut cowash. I like that it lifts the cuticle but doesnt my strip my hair. Its good enough for a 2 min condish after.

faithVA

It feels good to get close to having a regimen and to have some good hair days. However, it makes me want to play in my hair more. :lol:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I did mini twists last week Friday.
2 weeks is my max for keeping them in.
I have them pinned back. Skipping wash day this week.

xu93texas

I know it's a mint away.....but is anyone else excited about the April length checks!? I am!

I'm correlating this challenge with the 2 inches in 4 months challenge. As long as I retain 2 inches, I'm good. I will be getting a sew-in next month and will do an official length check before the install.

faithVA

I know it's a mint away.....but is anyone else excited about the April length checks!? I am!

In glad you are excited. Maybe it will be contagious.

I'm not excited for this round of check ins but I am glad that at least my pics will show progress. That gives me hope for SL towards the 2nd half of the year.

faithVA

I have 4 milestones I'm trying to hit by the end of March.
1. I want to be able to wash in 4 sections
2. I want to be able to do my hair in 2 flat twist
3. I want to be able to do a banana clip bun in the back.
4. I want a wearable puff

I'm getting pretty close. I may just barely make them but I think I will make them.

Have to think of some for the 2nd quarter. I would love to do a bun but that's more like 3rd or 4th quarter.