Tomatoes for hair growth?

Jade Feria

I'm on my mobile so I couldn't do a search

Sorry if this has been posted before. I was on earthclinic.com and someone suggested rubbing tomato puree on hair for growth and thickness. Has anyone heard of this?

"For hair loss, shine and thickness and growth, I was told to puree fresh tomatoes and apply to clean hair, preferably leave it on overnite and wash off in the morning. It is really messy and I have noticed the first time lost of shine and less breackage, however it being so messy I have not stuck to the regimen wich should be twice a week.The person that told me about this had a problem with her hair thinning and acne, she swears by it and has beautiful hair and skin. Also was told drink it for overall good health, processing it through a juicer by itself or with other vegetables, I will do so, as soon as get the juicer and write back."

sylver2

never heard of that but i loove tomatoes and eat them all the time. i eat them whole like apples.

Bulletproof

tHicK hAIr dOn't CarE
This years tomatoes were fabulous too. All the varieties were so tasty I ate tomatoes almost everyday this summer. Wonder if I got any growth from it?:look:

hothair

Growing up I've had family members drink tomato juice for health, guess it works for them, I can't stand to drink the stuff never heard of it for hair though :scratchch

poookie

i love fresh firm tomatoes but i can't stand the seeds. when i get my juicer i'll definitely look into tomato puree pre-poos.

i wonder if the lycopene in tomatoes has anything to do with it, or perhaps the acidity? if so, there's a brand of products called Say Yes To Tomatoes, sold in Target w/ the other natural products, that would be worth looking into.

Taina

A litle search turned this

Tomatoes In Your Hair

Everything from shampoo, cologne and candles are popping up on the market with tomato ingredients. Tomato paste is a known hair remedy that will help remove yucky green stains from hair that had a fight with pool chemicals and lost. Tomato sauce, soup or juice are great soaking agents for hair that contains hard-to-remove odors. Tomato based Ketchup will also work to remove hair stains in some cases.

Although tomato products are great for emergency hair remedies it is important to remember that tomatoes can be acidic and drying. Using fresh tomatoes regularly on the hair is not recommended.

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip900.htm

Tomato-oil of olive and aloe an abundant hair
another remedy to grow hair uses a tomato, liquified with a trickle of olive oil, warm is placed in the root of scalp and allowed to sit for as long as possible, if this mixture aloe you add the result will be even better.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5088324_grow-hair-long-healthy.html

Kind of diffiuclt seach. Anyway i remember back in Dominican Republic, i alwasys saw a Tomao Shampo, conditioner and Wash out conditioner ... i never tryied them tho, but this is no the first time i heard about tomato for hair, but for hair growth

katblack

Yea, I read this spanish guy request this to someone on yahoo answers, who wanted to grow out their hair fast. He said that his family members do it all the time and that it worked.

Jade Feria

i love fresh firm tomatoes but i can't stand the seeds. when i get my juicer i'll definitely look into tomato puree pre-poos.

i wonder if the lycopene in tomatoes has anything to do with it, or perhaps the acidity? if so, there's a brand of products called Say Yes To Tomatoes, sold in Target w/ the other natural products, that would be worth looking into.
I was wondering that too....well, it's always good to learn about how we can use the things that nature provides us. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of that brand. I'll look into it next time I'm in Tar-jay

A litle search turned this

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip900.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_5088324_grow-hair-long-healthy.html

Kind of diffiuclt seach. Anyway i remember back in Dominican Republic, i alwasys saw a Tomao Shampo, conditioner and Wash out conditioner ... i never tryied them tho, but this is no the first time i heard about tomato for hair, but for hair growth
Interesting...I was concerned about the acidity as well, but also thinking that there might be some benefit from it.

BostonMaria

Anybody willing to be the first guinea pig?! LOL
I love tomatoes too. Sounds kinda messy, but I guess if I can put vajayjay cream on my scalp then this should be easy LOL