Spring Break to Summer...show me your vacation hair

BFeathers

I'm contemlating a cruise for Spring Break as I have the week off but I'm not ready for a sew in and a wig long term gives me a headache (big headed gal not ready to drop $$$ on a custom biga$$ head wig for a temporary gig)

So my thoughts are clip ins with my hair braided. I've done cornrows but my edges have been through hell the past year so I'm not feeling exposing them in cornrows so I need some ideas.

Vacations past, present, etc show me how you plan to rock it on the beach, vacation, etc and your hair.

krissyhair

When I go on a beach vacation, I just bring a bottle of "free me freesia" conditioner and let it rock.

BeautyBlvd

Beauty Blvd.
I just wash and go when I'm on vacation, I bring lots of conditioner and a good gel for my edges and keep it moving.

bronzephoenix

My hair is usually in 2 strand twists during vacation. If I'm doing a lot of swimming, added hair keeps them much neater.

BFeathers

Maybe I should have specified for realized hair. I'd imagine naturals have it easy with water vacations.

Annnndddd.....I should probably stick to answering threads because after women 5 threads this whole hundreds of views yet no comments is getting old or some kind of don't answer this girls questions type of thing :ohwell:

I know I'm not the only one who goes on vacation to beaches yet out of 279 people looking only 4 have something to add?

Thanks ladies who did respond.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
When I was relaxed I just cowashed and wore braidouts. Now that I am natural I would wear a blowout and try to keep it from getting wet :lol:

Adiatasha

Well damn.

Maybe most of us wear wigs or sew ins and we don't have much to add to the thread. I mean that's how I roll.

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
Usually leave my hair out. Travel with lots of conditioner.

Thinking about doing this weave I have in but scared of not being able to get it dry.

God is an alien, and we are living under a microscope.

Anaisin

Maybe I should have specified for realized hair. I'd imagine naturals have it easy with water vacations.

Annnndddd.....I should probably stick to answering threads because after women 5 threads this whole hundreds of views yet no comments is getting old or some kind of don't answer this girls questions type of thing :ohwell:

I know I'm not the only one who goes on vacation to beaches yet out of 279 people looking only 4 have something to add?

You can just wear it free, your hair won't revert, you can co wash and put it in a bun after. That's how most women do it that I know or 2 goddess braids

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I wear a sew in with curly hair, I'm tryna be cute. Not that I can't be cute with my own hair but it's def more effort

I pack:
Conditioner
Gel
Toothbrush for the edges
Edge control for blending

beauti

or....maybe the 275 are naturals who were gonna respond but you said we got it easy with water vacations so we deleted our responses? :look:

davisbr88

I actually thought vacations with relaxed hair were much easier because it was a lot more predictable than my natural hair is now.
I would just wash/cowash as needed and do a French braid, braid-outs, wash-and-gos with mousse, or quicky overnight roller sets (I liked using the wrap, snap, & go rollers!).
Sometimes I would do the whole shebang of blow drying and flat ironing, but that was usually only one of the days if there was something really special.
I don't have any pics from then, sorry :(

Rastafarai

Vacation can really do a number on my hair, especially if I'm traveling to a tropical country and swimming in either a chlorinated pool or salt water. To help mitigate the damage before I enter any water I braid my hair in two big plaits, right down the middle and tuck in. I spray with my Aveda Sun Care Protective and have my fun.

After the fun I load on a cheapo conditioner like Suave Coconut before no-pooing the hair. I try and avoid the sulfates for shampoo. The rest of the days are wash-n-gos with a scarf or if going out at night, a side bun.