TWA to Hip Length in 4 yrs *pics*

LadyPaniolo

Yes! I did it! I'm a bit hesitant about claiming it due to fear of the Hair Police :lachen:, but *** 'em. Nothing can dull my shine today!

I BCed in late August 2006. DSCN3869.jpg Here's a pic of my flat ironed hair from last night. It's just barely Hip Length, but it's there! And it will only get longer. :grin: I am so happy! I can't wait to reach Tailbone!

I owe my length to the knowledge I've gained here :yep:

eta: Ack! I tried to delete that ugly BC pic but the mean ole computer won't let me!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

Attachments

• bigchop.jpg
    bigchop.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2,038

Garner

Congratulations!!! Great results!!! How long did you wear a wig? Did you use this as your protective style?

Hey girlie!!!! Your hair is awesome!!!! I am your biggest fan!!! Seeing your pic makes me not want to relax!!! I am going thru ALOT now being 9 months post bc and wanting to relax. Keep it up!!!

LadyPaniolo

Congratulations!!! Great results!!! How long did you wear a wig? Did you use this as your protective style?

I still wear a wig, and I bought 2 new half wigs to celebrate my milestone :yay: :D

Hmm :scratchch I started wearing a wig about 2 years into my HHJ. I started a thread about 9 months ago that had lots of details about my HHJ in it... but I'm too "special" to figure out how to post a link lol.

It was called TWA to MBL in 3 years.

LadyPaniolo

Hey girlie!!!! Your hair is awesome!!!! I am your biggest fan!!! Seeing your pic makes me not want to relax!!! I am going thru ALOT now being 9 months post bc and wanting to relax. Keep it up!!!

:blush3: Thank you! Who knew I had fans! I'm heading toward Hair Goddess territory lol.

Girl, if you want to be natural, don't relax! I regret texlaxing with every ounce of my soul. I'd be at least tailbone if I hadn't texlaxed. It's caused breakage galore.

Nice growth. I hope to be hiplength by my 4 year nappiversary :grin:

Thank you! If I can do it, anyone can!

Just lovely! Congratulations!! I hope to be there one day!

Thanks! You will be there if you make it a priority. Any one of us can have hip length hair, I'm sure of it.

PrettyBrownBrown

Thanks for posting. You have beautiful hair!! You have inspired me today to keep my eyes on my goal of reaching SL by the end of this year. I got my last relaxer on 07/31/09.

LadyPaniolo

Gorgeous!! Congratulations on reaching your milestone.
:notworthy :Rose:

OMG, I got a :notworthy from FlowerHair, the original Hair Goddess! :thud: Tis you who are :notworthy , not I! lol, seriously though, thank you...

Thanks for posting. You have beautiful hair!! You have inspired me today to keep my eyes on my goal of reaching SL by the end of this year. I got my last relaxer on 07/31/09.

Thanks for the compliment! I still struggle with hair anorexia, and crazy as it sounds, my hair seems short to me. I am so glad I could inspire you! You can totally reach your goal if you keep at it!

indarican

oh my god, i think i found some new hair to stalk.. whats your reggie, hair type, I NEED ALL THE DETAILS!!!

LadyPaniolo

wow, go ahead then! greaaatttt job. do you have fotki or any pic album?

I don't have a fotki... I never did get into that site. I have a few pics here and there on my computer but no album. I do have an album of Alexander Skarsgard, though :lick: lol.

I LOVE this. I'm soo happy for you..

Share your regimen gurlllll :grin:

Thank you!

Reggie.... hmm. I don't have a super strict reggie. I very rarely use heat. I'm known on the board for my fanaticism when it comes to protective styling :armyhat: lol. First I used Crown & Glory braids, then after a few mishaps with DIY weaves :pullhair: I've been wearing wigs. I'll continue to wear them until I reach my goal of Classic Length.

I jacked a technique from Chicorro in which I apply deep conditioner to wet/damp hair, massage it in, and then seal with something heavy like coconut oil, Vatika oil or even grease. Yes, grease.

eta: hair type is 4a. I am about 2/3 natural, 1/3 texlaxed. You can see in the pic how it gets drastically thinner about 2/3rds of the way down... that's when I texlaxed :wallbash: :pullhair: :cry3: NEVER AGAIN. I'm transitioning back to fully natural and I will remain fully natural for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

DesignerCurls

WOW...Your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations!
Thanks for the inspiration!!!

eta: This might seem like a crazy question but how do you wear your hair under your wigs? I never wore wigs and am considering wear them as a protective style.

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

WOW...Your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations!
Thanks for the inspiration!!!

eta: This might seem like a crazy question but how do you wear your hair under your wigs? I never wore wigs and am considering wear them as a protective style.

Thanks! This is not a crazy question at all! How you arrange your hair under the wig is very important as doing so improperly can and WILL lead to breakage.

I cornrow my hair in an around the world pattern, like to prepare for a sew in. The long "tail" that's left over gets wrapped around my head or nestled in between the cornrows. I don't use a nylon wig cap. I use a stretchy weave net with the wig on top when weather is hot, I put a silk scarf underneath when weather is cool.

AMAZIIIIIIINNNNGGGGG!!!!

Gwan girl!!

Thank you! :yay: I'm really happy about this milestone

Awesome, great inspiration! Can I asked how long your TWA was when you BC'ed?

In the pic I attached, my TWA looks much longer than it was, because I had just hacked off my collar bone length hair and had not yet trimmed off the relaxed ends. My natural hair was about one inch long when I BCed.

berryblack

I don't have a fotki... I never did get into that site. I have a few pics here and there on my computer but no album. I do have an album of Alexander Skarsgard, though :lick: lol.

Thank you!

Reggie.... hmm. I don't have a super strict reggie. I very rarely use heat. I'm known on the board for my fanaticism when it comes to protective styling :armyhat: lol. First I used Crown & Glory braids, then after a few mishaps with DIY weaves :pullhair: I've been wearing wigs. I'll continue to wear them until I reach my goal of Classic Length.

I jacked a technique from Chicorro in which I apply deep conditioner to wet/damp hair, massage it in, and then seal with something heavy like coconut oil, Vatika oil or even grease. Yes, grease.

eta: hair type is 4a. I am about 2/3 natural, 1/3 texlaxed. You can see in the pic how it gets drastically thinner about 2/3rds of the way down... that's when I texlaxed :wallbash: :pullhair: :cry3: NEVER AGAIN. I'm transitioning back to fully natural and I will remain fully natural for the rest of my life.

Awesome progress!
Please explain the bolded, though. Do you rinse the deep conditioner/oil out or leave it in? What conditioner is it?? I want to be great, too!!!:lachen:

faithVA

That is absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing your journey. I'm still trying to imagine APL hair for myself. Hip length hair is currently mind boggling to me. And putting it under a week - wow!

Did you straighten your hair yourself in this pic? How long did it take?

Congratulations! Looking forward to the classic length.

LadyPaniolo

Awesome progress!
Please explain the bolded, though. Do you rinse the deep conditioner/oil out or leave it in? What conditioner is it?? I want to be great, too!!!:lachen:

Thanks! Nope, I don't rinse it out. I seal the DC in with the oil/grease. eta: Kenra MC is my #1 fave.

Congrats on all that gorgeous hair! WOW!

:blush3: thanks!
Congratulations & great progress keep up the good work!

Thank you!

That is absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing your journey. I'm still trying to imagine APL hair for myself. Hip length hair is currently mind boggling to me. And putting it under a week - wow!

Did you straighten your hair yourself in this pic? How long did it take?

Congratulations! Looking forward to the classic length.

Thanks! I did straighten it myself. Took all day because I had to take 5011 breaks to care for my kids! Most people would never believe I have this length hidden under a wig, lol. I just picked up my 5yo at the bus stop with my hair down. The looks I got :shocked: lol

Last edited:

Whimsy

Oooh Lady P you already know I drool over your hair

CONGRATS ON HIP LENGTH!!!!

(now you'll have to get outta the hip length thread and go live at the classic length thread lol)

CLAIM IT CLAIM IT CLAIM IT

Your hair looks long and luscious!!!

LadyPaniolo

Oooh Lady P you already know I drool over your hair

CONGRATS ON HIP LENGTH!!!!

(now you'll have to get outta the hip length thread and go live at the classic length thread lol)

CLAIM IT CLAIM IT CLAIM IT

Your hair looks long and luscious!!!

Thank you so much! I was shy to claim it, but like I said *** the hair police. Nothing they say really matters in the end.

I need tailbone before I get to Classic lol. But I WILL get there, mark my words. :armyhat: off to visit the CL challenge thread! :cool: