relaxer and color change ??

2 months ago I dyed my hair jet black w permanent color. today I noticed my hair color has almost completely changed!! I wouldn't even be too upset about it but it's not all over,
it looks like the first two inches are this crazy light brown color the ends are black and like the centimeter of my roots (yes it looks like I have roots!) is black (I think it's my natural hair color)

I attached some pics I just took without flash so you can see what I'm talking about

have any of you ladies experienced this??
advice? I don't think it'd be a good idea to re-dye my whole head ...

Attachments

• image-2153472696.jpg
    image-2153472696.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 46
  • image-2044219778.jpg
    image-2044219778.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 38

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I've been going thru this for the past 6 yrs. My natural hair color is about a 4b in the summer time and I dye my hair 1b every 3 months when I relax.

Unfortunately your roots will be lighter when your new growth continues to grow in.

faithVA

Yes I have had that happen. If you are using a box color, it doesn't neutralize the undertones of your hair which eventually shows throw the color. I think that is what you are saying.

You can get a custom color that prevents the bleed through. But not sure what you should do to correct. You might want to have it professionally done to prevent any damage.

My hair has a very strong red undertone. No matter what color I used, within 3 weeks the color would look the same, some type of light auburn. So for my hair permanent color is not permanent.

hnntrr

My hair does that, especially the front. My colorist said its the sun/chemicals from hair products slightly changing the color of the hair. My hair went from light light brown to dark brown and back for no reason. So I have been doing henna the past few times I have dyed my hair. It gives it nice all over coverage and isnt as damaging to your hair as chemical color. It actually helps to strengthen the hair more and it give you nice highlights in your lighter areas.

SunySydeofLyfe

Ive used a demi to afraid of anything else. Wella did me good but I color jet black to color greys. Hope someone else can help!

Suny

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My hair would go from black to red when I was relaxed. Now that I am natural, my hair turns red with ayervedic oils.