2014 Steaming in the Moisture

cynd

I'm in again:

1. How often you will steam? 2 to 4 X month
2. What method are you using to steam? Standing steamer
3. What products will you steam with? Various oils and deep conditioners.

JustGROWwithIt

Currently under steamer...doing a "dry" steam first, and then will steam again with a mix of Mane n Tail, Aussie Moist 3 min, EVOO, and Aloe juice.

Lissa0821

I steam last night with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm. I can only stand to do it for 20 minutes and the vents open.

Lissa0821

@Lissa0821, how do you like the Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm? I am thinking about buying it.

Rozlewis I really like it alot. I have been using it for about 6 months now. It is pretty thick and I find it works better fro me under the steam rather than a heating cap. Since my hair is fine, a little goes a long way. It has great slip and leaves my hair soft and moisturized for about 3 or 4 days. I usually don't need to moisturize and seal my ends as frequently.

I especially perfer to use it when I am deep in a relaxer stretch because I flat iron my roots. It help my hair to be moisturized so my roots get straight pretty easily. Also, in the summer months, I noticed my hair doesn't frizz or get puffy in the humidity.

Rozlewis

Rozlewis I really like it alot. I have been using it for about 6 months now. It is pretty thick and I find it works better fro me under the steam rather than a heating cap. Since my hair is fine, a little goes a long way. It has great slip and leaves my hair soft and moisturized for about 3 or 4 days. I usually don't need to moisturize and seal my ends as frequently.

I especially perfer to use it when I am deep in a relaxer stretch because I flat iron my roots. It help my hair to be moisturized so my roots get straight pretty easily. Also, in the summer months, I noticed my hair doesn't frizz or get puffy in the humidity.

Lissa0821, thanks!! I will go ahead and get it. I have the instant conditioner but not the balm. Thanks for the review.

Beany

Steaming with yes to carrots, YAM, HH soft and creamy horsetail butter, and grapeseed oil for 30 minutes.

Rozlewis

Steaming for 30 minutes using steam with Marie Dean's Coffee and Kokum DC, Manuka Honey, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Avocado Oil. This mixture left my hair feeling strong and moisturized. It was tangle free and easy to comb.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Steamed with a honey/olive oil concoction. I really liked this! I gotta include more honey in my reggie!

Rnjones

I steamed for the first time last night and i think I'm in love. Used db pumpkin seed mixed with avocado oil. Think i will aim for two times a week because my new growth has been super dry lately despite all efforts

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using LHCF

nmartin20

Y'all are making me want to take these mini twists out!! All of the steaming, products, etc.. Lol. I will take them out Thursday and wear a twist out. I will do a henna treatment and deep condition( curl junkie rehab) under my Hair therapy wrap.

toaster

Finally under my steamer! DCing with Cantu Naturals DC and my oil mix. Will steam for 30-40 minutes. Loving it.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Didn't steam this week - opted for hot head heat cap instead. I'll steam on my next wash day for sure.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Relaxed and texlaxed ladies, how is steaming helping your hair? I am going to be texlaxing again soon.