2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Nice Lady

"God never misses it." Humans do. It takes humility to admit when you have made a mistake and its a sign of maturity as a Christian. One thing about walking in love is that we come out on the other side every time and inspire others who are watching from the sidelines.

God can use anything and switch the script--making it good.

Nice & Wavy

This year.....

I pray that this CF Random Thread stay in the spirit it was started in by our sweet sister in Christ, MrsHaseeb! Thank you, sis for starting this thread...your heart is real and as sweet as can be!!!

Much love!!!

:love2:

Last edited:

loolalooh

This year.....

I pray that this CF Random Thread stay in the spirit it was started in by our sweet sister in Christ, MrsHaseeb! Thank you, sis for starting this thread...your heart is real and as sweet as can be!!!

Much love!!!

:love2:

I stand in agreement. :amen:

Nice & Wavy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I tell you....life in Christ is GOOD!!!

Nice & Wavy

@ bolded, soooo not cute.. :lachen:

But, of course, there are times it takes all that.... :yep:

@Iwanthealthyhair67: Thanks for posting that powerful song; it's a timely message....
Let me go find a smiley for you now, since you laughin at me an e'rthang...you KNOW I know how to find those smiley's:lachen::lachen::lachen:

ETA: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
A trivia question about Pilate brings to mind this thought: There is always this 'debate' about who killed Jesus... Pilate? Judas? the Roman soldiers... well, it's none. No man has this power, as it is Jesus laid down His own life. Everyone else was a part of God's plan.

Jesus makes this all clear in John 10:17-18, when He speaks:

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

I love this scripture and God has ministered life to me through it time and again and again.

"No man taketh my life, least I lay it down, and if I do lay it down, I will raise it back up (again) as my Father (in Heaven) commanded me to."

auparavant

It is a new day, time to let go of past hurts and offenses. Yesterday is gone. L-rd, please bring peace, clarity and true sisterhood to this Christian Forum. Give us an eye for the justice that you bring, L-rd. Help us to see we are family, no mater our differences. Help us to truly love one another as You love, L-rd. Help us to grow in your love and do not allow us to live in fear, but in truth and righteousness. Above all, help us to know that when we snark, we hurt others - both christian and those seeking. People are looking at us and walking away from HIM.

auparavant

Luke 18:9-14

9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed[a] thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Matthew 5:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons[a] of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother[c] will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[d] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell[e] of fire. 23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. 26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.[f]

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

LucieLoo12

So he told me he desired me to be his wife. I really admire this man because He is godly and humble and I know the stand he takes for Christ. I did not give him an answer yet. He told me he would wait for me. Marriage is very serious to me and I just can't jump up and say yes because I am excited. But I am going to seek God on this, fast and pray and see what His will is for my life. I am not antsy and hasty about this, but ironically its a calm that's in my spirit right now.

God will lead me...

Nice & Wavy

So he told me he desired me to be his wife. I really admire this man because He is godly and humble and I know the stand he takes for Christ. I did not give him an answer yet. He told me he would wait for me. Marriage is very serious to me and I just can't jump up and say yes because I am excited. But I am going to seek God on this, fast and pray and see what His will is for my life. I am not antsy and hasty about this, but ironically its a calm that's in my spirit right now.

God will lead me...
Yes He will!:yep:

MrsHaseeb

God will lead me...

Beautiful. Praying with and for you!

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

Iwanthealthyhair67

I am also praying for you Dear...

God will lead me...

LucieLoo12

Thank all of your for you encouraging words. This defintely came out of the blue for me. :lol: But marriage has always been a desire of mine, but I stayed focus on God and cast my care upon God. I left it at his feet.I was not going to settle or compromise. I wanted a godly man that would love God more than me. This particular one respects me first, thats what I love about him. When he told me why he wanted to marry me, it was nothing carnal or fleshly, but it was spiritual reasons. I do believe I am going to say yes, but I just want God to confirm that he is the one, and if he is, we will then proceed to counseling with my Pastor.

loolalooh

Thank all of your for you encouraging words. This defintely came out of the blue for me. :lol: But marriage has always been a desire of mine, but I stayed focus on God and cast my care upon God. I left it at his feet.I was not going to settle or compromise. I wanted a godly man that would love God more than me. This particular one respects me first, thats what I love about him. When he told me why he wanted to marry me, it was nothing carnal or fleshly, but it was spiritual reasons. I do believe I am going to say yes, but I just want God to confirm that he is the one, and if he is, we will then proceed to counseling with my Pastor.

This is so beautiful, LucieLoo12! A true example of what it means to put God first. May He continue to lead you and grant you wisdom.

I especially love the bolded. :yep:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I'm a natural sistah,
Enjoying the skin I'm in.
My Father made me beautiful (Psalm 139:14)
Beautiful, I am.... :Rose:

Last edited: