Going to buy a wig w/bangs tomorrow so I don't have to blend my 4a/b natural hair

PaperClip

Here's what I'm thinking about.... Most likely synthetic.... How to deal with the side part so that it doesn't look so artificial... or is that unavoidable?

I'd appreciate any guidance that can be provided....

mscocoface

You can check with our wig experts but you may need to get the one with the bangs in order to avoid that issue.

I was never able to conceal that so I always had wigs without the part on the sides

msa

I don't do full wigs because they just look too wiggy on me. Hopefully someone can chime in and help you.

I just buy half-wigs that match my hair texture. The only thing that shows of my hair is the edges and the rest is underneath.

Hairsofab

I think the side part is unavoidable. I can only suggest buying one with a more realistic side part. I usually thin out my wigs to make them look less wiggy. I cut 2-3 tracks (every other track) of hair in the very back. It helps stop them from napping up so quickly too. I take a razor and and thin out the rest of the hair. I brush baby powder through the wig to dull the initial shine. I'm sure it still looks like a wig to a trained eye but it helps them look slightly more natural.

MochaEyeCandy

Here's what I'm thinking about.... Most likely synthetic.... How to deal with the side part so that it doesn't look so artificial... or is that unavoidable?

I'd appreciate any guidance that can be provided....

You can a lil loose powder on the part, applied with a makeup brush if the "skin" is too light...sorry, that's all I got. :lachen:

firecracker

I'd go for the Janis one. The others look too wiggish.:perplexed
:look: I don't think any of them will work. I hope she isn't ordering thru the mail:nono: Its best to go to a wig shop and try them out. Those side parts spell wig but oh well its an accessory not a lace front or full human wig.

glamazon386

The only way you can tell how it looks on and if it looks wiggy or not is to try it on. I have a lot of full wigs and they don't look wiggy. It really just depends on the style of the wig and how it's constructed. I always try my wigs on in person. It may look good on the mannequin head but once I get it on, I may not like it with the shape of my face once the wig molds to the shape of my head. I would never buy a full wig online unless they had a return policy that allowed me to return it or it was a style I have previously worn. Wigs are just like clothes. They may look one way on the hanger but may look different once you get them on your body.

Last edited:

firecracker

You maybe right Glam but we women are known to put on a wig or outfit we think fit our head and body but look a hawt arsed mess. We still do what we do. All my wigs went in the closet. Darn things kill me after 4-5 hours with a stocking cap underneath. Claude please don't let me have a few cocktails that wig will be layin on top of the bar! LOL