• A few times a month

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • A few times a year

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

inthepink

Do you tend to cry during church?

I do! I don't mean to but I guess sometimes I just feel a sense of joy, peace, happiness, sadness, empathy, inspiration whatever. I don't even know most of the time but I just find myself crying.

Today, I noticed in front of me a man and a woman were both criers so I didn't feel sooo bad.

topsyturvy86

Not really but I have sometimes during worship. When I feel it coming, I try to control/stop it 'cos I don't want anyone to notice.

mrselle

Yep, I'm definitely a church crier. Hearing another person's testimony, a song, seeing someone praise God, seeing someone get their breakthrough....I'll start to cry. Just last week the choir was singing an upbeat song, God whispered something to me and I started to cry. I've always been like that. I try to hold it in, but sometimes I just can't.

Raspberry

Not really but I have sometimes during worship. When I feel it coming, I try to control/stop it 'cos I don't want anyone to notice.

lol! I know what you mean .. usually my sensitivity to the Spirit is magnified in a corporate setting and I tear up a lot over what mrselle mentioned - hearing a testimony, seeing God at work in the lives of others, just thinking of the goodness of Jesus. Nobody I know would characterize me as emotional at all - I'm sure they'd be surprised how much of a baby I am in church lol.

I need to start carrying tissues in my purse and stop frontin :lachen:

PaperClip

Yeah... TODAY! I wasn't in church TWO MINUTES and I was crying.... One of the ministers who had not seen me in a while bee-lined for me when she saw me sitting in the back. She started talking/ministering to me w/encouraging words and I was tearing up then the tears started falling and I REALLY did not want that to happen because I was having an EXCELLENT make-up day. Her words brought much comfort because I struggled to get to church today.

I tend to cry in church when I am really wounded or experiencing deep heartache and I usually cry during the worship and I know that's the Lord softening/soothing my heart/soul. I have cried during certain praise reports/testimonies, esp. when I know the person personally or it is a very, very miraculous situation.

One time when I first got saved and I was singing in the choir and I weeped continually during the entire service when I was sitting in the choir stand. The pastor heard me during the whole service (this was when my church was much smaller than it is now). When I went back to evening service, the pastor gave me a prophetic word/word of exhortation in front of the whole church.

inthepink

Yeah... TODAY! I wasn't in church TWO MINUTES and I was crying.... One of the ministers who had not seen me in a while bee-lined for me when she saw me sitting in the back. She started talking/ministering to me w/encouraging words and I was tearing up then the tears started falling and I REALLY did not want that to happen because I was having an EXCELLENT make-up day. Her words brought much comfort because I struggled to get to church today.

I tend to cry in church when I am really wounded or experiencing deep heartache and I usually cry during the worship and I know that's the Lord softening/soothing my heart/soul. I have cried during certain praise reports/testimonies, esp. when I know the person personally or it is a very, very miraculous situation.

One time when I first got saved and I was singing in the choir and I weeped continually during the entire service when I was sitting in the choir stand. The pastor heard me during the whole service (this was when my church was much smaller than it is now). When I went back to evening service, the pastor gave me a prophetic word/word of exhortation in front of the whole church.

Wow - that was pretty sweet of your pastor!

I know what you mean bout the makeup! But as they say, I guess sometimes God just shows up makeup or not. :lachen:

Thank you for sharing. :yep:

MzTami

Hellerrrr
The boo hoo queen checking in...On Mother's day the youth ministry wrote poems for their mothers, and my son got up and read his, told me he loves me, and gave me a hug and a kiss. I cried like a baby because his poem was so beautiful. Everybody in the church was crying that day, including DH. He claims it was his allergies and not tears. :look:

inthepink

The boo hoo queen checking in...On Mother's day the youth ministry wrote poems for their mothers, and my son got up and read his, told me he loves me, and gave me a hug and a kiss. I cried like a baby because his poem was so beautiful. Everybody in the church was crying that day, including DH. He claims it was his allergies and not tears. :look:

In my experience, allergies typically flare up on Mother's Day and Father's Day. :look:

topsyturvy86

lol! I know what you mean .. usually my sensitivity to the Spirit is magnified in a corporate setting and I tear up a lot over what mrselle mentioned - hearing a testimony, seeing God at work in the lives of others, just thinking of the goodness of Jesus. Nobody I know would characterize me as emotional at all - I'm sure they'd be surprised how much of a baby I am in church lol.

I need to start carrying tissues in my purse and stop frontin :lachen:

L0l!! I tear up at the exact same things and also when I have a heavy heart. I'm a sensitive and emotional person though so I guess it wouldn't suprise anyone.

Highly Favored8

YES, I am a crier in Church and my DS looks at me and then he starts crying. I try to hold back my tears however, it all just comes out. I always keep a box of tissues under my pew. Also, on Mother's Day boy did I cry then after church another person I know metioned " I saw you crying today" I felt so embrassed. For what? I am not going to feel embrassed by crying. It felt very good and it was a release.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I cry a few times a month, depending on what's going on with me and how God works on me in Service... usually when the Spirit moves; but they're usually tears of joy. :)

I'm not in "people bondage" so if I fall out and pass out, God bless me.. I don't care who is watching. lol

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
FoxyScholar, I feel you on when God moves on you... Refraining from Crying is right up there with the promotion among some Christians of self-control when Spirit is moving, which makes absolutely no sense...the whole idea is to let go and let God have his way. He never will make a fool of us, though we may look like "fools" in the eyes of others. I'd rather please God.

Chrissy811

FoxyScholar, I feel you on when God moves on you... Refraining from Crying is right up there with the promotion among some Christians of self-control when Spirit is moving, which makes absolutely no sense...the whole idea is to let go and let God have his way. He never will make a fool of us, though we may look like "fools" in the eyes of others. I'd rather please God.

Amen I'm feeling you on that!!:yep:

Cien

Pink is my signature color
Sometimes.

Mostly if I'm going through something, and I feel like the pastor is 'talking to me!"...

Duchesse

Yep, I'm definitely a church crier. Hearing another person's testimony, a song, seeing someone praise God, seeing someone get their breakthrough....I'll start to cry. Just last week the choir was singing an upbeat song, God whispered something to me and I started to cry. I've always been like that. I try to hold it in, but sometimes I just can't.

Thats me! The funny thing is in my day to day life, I'm nice but with a slight touch of the Ice Queen. But 90% of the time at church, I just can't help it, the tears always well up during worship music or calls to the altar, or if I'm going through something (which I always seem to be). Besides from when its "that time of the month", church is a place I can go and know that I can release some emotion.

*Michelle*

I cry frequently. In fact I generally don't wear makeup to church for this very reason. I look worse after crying with makeup than if I just skipped it. I wonder why we try to suppress it?? For me once I get started that's it!

My kids have finally stopped being scared by it...LOL! Oh and I am outwardly emotional.

inthepink

I cry frequently. In fact I generally don't wear makeup to church for this very reason. I look worse after crying with makeup than if I just skipped it. I wonder why we try to suppress it?? For me once I get started that's it!

My kids have finally stopped being scared by it...LOL! Oh and I am outwardly emotional.

Cuz I look ugly when I cry! :lachen: Yes, people bondage! :yep:

Britt

Do you tend to cry during church?

I do! I don't mean to but I guess sometimes I just feel a sense of joy, peace, happiness, sadness, empathy, inspiration whatever. I don't even know most of the time but I just find myself crying.

Today, I noticed in front of me a man and a woman were both criers so I didn't feel sooo bad.

YES... I am ... but I'm very emotional naturally... Though I wasn't an avid church goer growing up and very spiritually confused, even when I was a teenager, if we had a visiting pastor that touched me, I found myself with tears running down my face.

Yep.. this is me... Sometimes I hear the stories the pastor says, or even a particular song can reduce me to tears.

Wow - that was pretty sweet of your pastor!

I know what you mean bout the makeup! But as they say, I guess sometimes God just shows up makeup or not. :lachen:

Thank you for sharing. :yep:

When I really started going to church, I had to cut back on my mascara and blush at times b/c I found myself crying and wiping my makeup :lachen:.
I think this is why (right now) I feel comfortable going to church and prayer service solo b/c I know that if someone is there w/ me it might stifle my need to release and cry.. I feel like it's something I prefer to do alone which is why I wouldn't readily invite a friend or someone to church/ prayer service with me. Sounds strange, I know. I know I will get over it as I continue to go and grow spiritually, but for right now, I don't mind going solo, spirituality is very personal to me.

sunnysmyler

I'm a church crier, in the car crier, an at home crier.......lol....lol. I truly DON'T CARE what anybody thinks about me when I am worshiping my LORD. When I come in the "house", this is my opportunity to release all the heavy burdens thats been weighing me down, my opportunity to acknowledge GOD, THE FATHER as the Almighty Saviour. I understand that everyone doesn't worship the same, but to withhold our tears is crazy to me, in fact our hearts should be so tender to the Holy Spirit, it should evoke some type of emotions from us, not "fight" to hold back tears.
I know that all tears aren't based on this, but the Bible says in Psalm 51:17
My sacrifice [the sacrifice acceptable] to God is a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart [broken down with sorrow for sin and humbly and thoroughly penitent], such, O God, You will not despise. Sometimes I cry because I'm so happy and in AWE of just how good and faithful HE is to me and my family.
Therefore, just as a parent, when your child comes to say sorry, or comes to you with words of adoration, when they shed tears, it truly shows the tenderness of their heart. I cry, boldly cause .....I love HIM, I adore HIM, I exault HIM, HE is in my heart, HE's so good to me, HE loves me more than I love myself. Now if that doesn't evoke some tears, then what does?????

inthepink

YES... I am ... but I'm very emotional naturally... Though I wasn't an avid church goer growing up and very spiritually confused, even when I was a teenager, if we had a visiting pastor that touched me, I found myself with tears running down my face.

Yep.. this is me... Sometimes I hear the stories the pastor says, or even a particular song can reduce me to tears.

When I really started going to church, I had to cut back on my mascara and blush at times b/c I found myself crying and wiping my makeup :lachen:.
I think this is why (right now) I feel comfortable going to church and prayer service solo b/c I know that if someone is there w/ me it might stifle my need to release and cry.. I feel like it's something I prefer to do alone which is why I wouldn't readily invite a friend or someone to church/ prayer service with me. Sounds strange, I know. I know I will get over it as I continue to go and grow spiritually, but for right now, I don't mind going solo, spirituality is very personal to me.

I can understand this. I go to church alone also.

Dellas

I am sometimes but I try to hold on to my emotion b/c I don't someone to create a message around me.

PaperClip

I cried again in church today.... during a mime performance (by one of my friends) of "For Every Mountain". She was truly anointed.... I was thanking the Lord because I got some good news this week and I knew I hadn't given the Lord a full thanks because I was in shock and awe.... and the ministering in the service... the glory of the Lord was all around....

And then I found out that my parents had been in a car accident two days before but they made it through without injury... so I have some more joyful tears to cry....

To God be the glory!