Can someone tell me a way to tie your hair at night thats sexy?

Lilmama1011

I don't know if yal had a day when your man/woman (depends on what you like) came over and you felt self conscience going to bed looking like someone's grandmother or just not feeling attractive, anyone got any videos to show the rest of us that need advice?!

lesedi

All is well with me
I don't really know, I just have alot of cute printed scarves. I avoid the bonnet when i'm trying to look cute.
I'm not too bothered though *shrug*
Men aren't fussy.

SimJam

I so agree with lesedi, men (in general) really arent fussy. My BF says he couldnt care less what I wear on my head to bed, he aint colouring my head LOLOLOL

I rather not colour with my scarf or bonnet on though.

BonBon

Another one for the satin covers.

I have a visual man. I aint complaining coz I'm visual too:look:

SummerSolstice

my boo likes it lol

Geminigirl

I can't find cute enough scarves that I would actually want to touch my hair. Could I make scarves? Could I buy silk fabric from somewhere? I just got an idea lol. I want to wear scarves to cover up my head and for nighttime. Making them would probably be cheaper. And by make I mean not involving heavy duty work such as a sewing machine.

I'd rather not color with a bonnet on I at least want my nighttime head wear to accentuate my face lol. Cause I don't like sleeping without something on my head even with my satin pillowcase.

rainbowknots

sherrimberri said:
Satin pillowcase. The men i date are fussy and hate head scarves.

Do satin pillow cases really work as well as satin scarves? When u tie my twists down at night they always get flattened on my head and I hate it.

kupenda

My man don't curr!

Heeheeee. No honestly, he likes my hair pulled back in a ponytail or bun. He loves my scarf. And despises my bonnet. Which is fine cuz I hate that damn bonnet too. Tore my edges up. Anyway. Silk pillowcase. Or. Let it free. I don't think about my hair when it's baby making time.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Tiye

I can't find cute enough scarves that I would actually want to touch my hair. Could I make scarves? Could I buy silk fabric from somewhere? I just got an idea lol. I want to wear scarves to cover up my head and for nighttime. Making them would probably be cheaper. And by make I mean not involving heavy duty work such as a sewing machine.

I'd rather not color with a bonnet on I at least want my nighttime head wear to accentuate my face lol. Cause I don't like sleeping without something on my head even with my satin pillowcase.

This is what I do. I buy silk gauze and dye it. You can hem the fabric if you want but I don't bother coz the silk frays just a bit on it's own and looks nice. I've never owned a bonnet.

Geminigirl

This is what I do. I buy silk gauze and dye it. You can hem the fabric if you want but I don't bother coz the silk frays just a bit on it's own and looks nice. I've never owned a bonnet.

Where do you get this silk gauze and what is it?

ETA- Ok I looked it up a little but I still would like to know where you purchase. Hopefully you get it locally and I can too.

Last edited:

DarkHair

Hubs cares about my/our hair...so he gets mad if I dont wrap it up. I mean straight fussy. So anything silk will do.

I do need to find a new silk scarf though.

Z-kitty

When i was relaxed bone straight, I would wrap and use the giant bobby pins to keep in place. This was before LHCF and satin pillow cases.

yuhlovevybz

Satin pillowcase or put it on top of your head in a high bun and wear a really pretty silk band around the top part of your head kinda like a head band but to cover your edges and nape that will be on the pillow

Lilmama1011

lesedi said:
I don't really know, I just have alot of cute printed scarves. I avoid the bonnet when i'm trying to look cute.
I'm not too bothered though *shrug*
Men aren't fussy.

I believe they deal with it because they have no choice, either you wear it and wake up with nice hair or wake up and it look like a hurricane ripped through your hair lol. But I bet if you asked them would they prefer you not to wear it, the honest would be like yeah. Well to sleep is ok, but not when you doing (your adult thing) and they grabbing a bonnet, they might have to switch on the light and ask "grandma is that you?" lol

Lilmama1011

My Friend said:
You can tie it in the front or pull it to the back and tie it :yep: just make sure your naked once your done :grin:

I do the back thing and still doesn't look too appealing, and tying it to the front makes you look like tupac lol

Lilmama1011

Vanthie said:
Another one for the satin covers.

I have a visual man. I aint complaining coz I'm visual too:look:

You took the words right out my mouth, me and my man are visual too and he did day that the scarf thing ruins the mood

Lilmama1011

sherrimberri said:
Satin pillowcase. The men i date are fussy and hate head scarves.

I honestly don't blame them, it's not presentable to me, I don't think it's appropriate to go out with a bonnet on your head and earrings, girls in jersey do it, it looks ghetto and make them look lazy. And then people say well they get men still, yeah them hood as trifling dudes that think pu$$? Ain't got no face or as some say in jersey smh. A man I believe will give more props to a woman that wears her hair out and look presentable then a woman that wear scarves all the time (unless you make it look fashionable) and not like you just rolled out of bed smh

Lilmama1011

Geminigirl said:

I know what you mean, I have been wearing scarfs since I was little and don't mind putting it on but want to look cute with it on and I tend to drool just a tad bit and don't want to wake up with drool in my hair lol

Lilmama1011

kupenda said:
My man don't curr!

Heeheeee. No honestly, he likes my hair pulled back in a ponytail or bun. He loves my scarf. And despises my bonnet. Which is fine cuz I hate that damn bonnet too. Tore my edges up. Anyway. Silk pillowcase. Or. Let it free. I don't think about my hair when it's baby making time.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I never knew a bonnet could tear your edges off!!

Lilmama1011

Tiye said:

Bonnets are good for when you have curls but make you look grandmotherly lol